Heinous CGOC E-mails

When I walked in and told them where I was going, you'd think I told them the AF was PSC'ing me to the moon. For the amount of time I was in the MPF, I shoulda had my own desk.

Get used to it. I was the first person ever to PCS to the CONUS from my overseas base, too.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vegas still just seems like someone with a good sense of humor.

Uh oh...she might have a "good personality".

I actually have to applaud her for promoting a Thursday drinking event with free beer provided by the CGOC. Free beer is never a bad thing.

Guest 89 Ride

This reminds me of a great CGOC coup that took place at Thumrait back in 2002.

The CGOC there (yes, CGOC at a deployed location) was complaining about no having enough participation and were bitching a moaning about not enough participation from the ops units. Like they have nothing else better to do than support CGOC. The local aviation squadron there decided to send as many people as were available to the next meeting. It ended up being 50 dudes. They voted in one of their own. His first act to drain the treasury to take it down to the Brit bar and then they dissolved the CGOC. It was classic.

This reminds me of a great CGOC coup that took place at Thumrait back in 2002.

The CGOC there (yes, CGOC at a deployed location) was complaining about no having enough participation and were bitching a moaning about not enough participation from the ops units. Like they have nothing else better to do than support CGOC. The local aviation squadron there decided to send as many people as were available to the next meeting. It ended up being 50 dudes. They voted in one of their own. His first act to drain the treasury to take it down to the Brit bar and then they dissolved the CGOC. It was classic.

That is the single most awesome CGOC story I have ever heard. Well played sir, well palyed.

Yep, I remember that. A buddy of mine in the OSS gets the CGOC e-mails and forwarded this out. A little over the top if you ask me, but hilarious and apparently the FW/CC was less than impressed when word reached him.

I volunteered for a one week all-expenses-paid vacation to Langley a few months ago to go to the CGOC national convention deal at Langley. I've never been a part of anything CGOC, but I figured, hey a free week out of the squadron. While there was no shortage of attractive women (which does me no good since I'm married), it was worthwhile to learn how the shoeclerks fight, what they know, how they think, and what their level of commitment is. Other than that, I had my rolled up flight suit sleeves pointed out by another Captain (female BDU-wearing type) in the hotel lobby, attended the lamest Dining Out ever and earned a shitload of Marriot Rewards points.

Hey, at least you got something out of it!!

I tried to get off of their distro list by writing the president an email, and got a scathing one back from some Lt Col. He told me it was my duty to be a part of the organization, and that I was basically a slacker for not going. I have also never seen CGOC bullets on any OPR that I have written, and would worry if I saw it on there that the individual was not doing enough at work.

...was complaining about no having enough participation and were bitching a moaning about not enough participation from the ops units

CGOs,

On Monday 20 Jul, the CGOC will be having lunch with the USAFA cadets at the DFAC. The lunch is scheduled from 1200-1330. Whether you need some food, or you just need to get out of the office, come out and chill for a while. Think back to when you were trying to decide what AFSC you wanted and all the questions you had. Now, it’s time to answer those same questions for someone else.

Not that this is a challenge, but MSG and MDG have been all over CGOC meetings… Where’s the MXG and the OG...too lazy to give back??? :-)

See you guys there!

XXXXX XXXXX, 1st Lt, USAF

Social Activities Officer

Uhh...Really?

Where’s the MXG and the OG...too lazy to give back??? :-)

Wow...just wow. Can I have the Douche Monkey's e-mail address...he's due a little "mentorship".

I submit to you that if we have people with time for CGOC at a deployed location, then we have too many people deployed.

edit: to add a few thoughts

Edited by zrooster99

Where’s the MXG and the OG...too lazy to give back??? :-)

Gosh, maybe they're too busy, you know, putting jets in the air? Nothing major, I suppose..certainly not as important as counting disco belts at the chow hall (oh, sorry, DFAC..).

/sarcasm

Guest Barbarian

As of last summer, there was a CGOC at the 386th. I can inquire as to the current state of said organization if you would like ;)

As of last summer, there was a CGOC at the 386th. I can inquire as to the current state of said organization if you would like ;)

Here's what we have at the Deid:

Desert 5

Desert Chiefs

Desert Diamonds

Top IV

CGOC

Top 3

Top 2 3/4

Top Dick

Etc.

I'm sure all the above are dilligently working on new reflective belt and four-to-a-room billeting policies as we speak.

Guest Barbarian

And don't forget punishments for not keeping your PT gear tucked in as tight as possible, since we all know it's a uniform combination and not really work out clothes.

Edited by Barbarian

"CGOs,

On Monday 20 Jul, the CGOC will be having lunch with the USAFA cadets at the DFAC. The lunch is scheduled from 1200-1330. Whether you need some food, or you just need to get out of the office, come out and chill for a while. Think back to when you were trying to decide what AFSC you wanted and all the questions you had. Now, it’s time to answer those same questions for someone else.

Not that this is a challenge, but MSG and MDG have been all over CGOC meetings… Where’s the MXG and the OG...too lazy to give back??? :-)

See you guys there!

Social Activities Officer"

Any chance this young LT was given a chance to be taken out to the proverbial woodshed and given a quick counseling about his lack of SA? :bash::banghead:

Just a thought.

"CGOs,

See you guys there!

Social Activities Officer"

Any chance this young LT was given a chance to be taken out to the proverbial woodshed and given a quick counseling about his lack of SA? :bash::banghead:

Just a thought.

Better yet, give the LT the "opportunity to excel" by spending the day on the line with the MX troops..let him see how "lazy" they are when they're doing the 3rd launch of the day.

Better yet, give the LT the "opportunity to excel" by spending the day on the line with the MX troops..let him see how "lazy" they are when they're doing the 3rd launch of the day.

Best idea yet. The simple fact is that they don't know what they don't know. The best way to enlighten them is to get them into our world.

Not from the ACC world, so how involved are the O's from the MX side?

Thanks.

Not from the ACC world, so how involved are the O's from the MX side?

Thanks.

Not sure about now, but back when I flew I rarely saw any O's on the line, other than the occasional drive by to exhort the troops to do their best, especially during exercises. Always saw the senior enlisted on the ramp, cracking the whip on the younger kids. Of course, just before I left SAC/ACC was when the powers that be had the first attempt to put the MX troops under the OPS squadron.

Edited by ExBoneOSO