Pirate Boomtown - thoughts?

slo_goin

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to quote our distinguished Secretary of State..

Piracy may be a centuries-old problem but we are working to bring an appropriate 21st-century response

I have a better idea! What about using a centuries-old response for a centuries-old problem?

Oh, because it is messy and Democrats are afraid to get dirty.

Captain Phillips rescued; 3 pirates dead, 1 in custody. Curious to hear how this went down.....

:beer:

That's what we want to hear. Happy Easter Captain Phillips.

Overheard on the lifeboat:

Pirate 1: "Did you hear something...?"

Pirates 2 and 3, followed immediately by #1 as well: Nothing... just silence...

Mike

Guest flyguy

Makes me wonder why I went downtown while in Dijubouti....won't do that again....those places are terrible. Thank God for Sniper school.

Three Options:

a) A few commercial vessels are sent into the area with (insert security team name here) to play "wild weasel" with the pirates. Pirates attack said weak-looking vessel, get rolled up, and hung from the yardarms (not really). Pirates, unable to figure out which ship is armed, become confused (at the least) and stop attacking (at the most). We’ve got air marshals…why not sea marshals?

b) The USS Constitution is put back out to sea to take on the pirates just as it did in 1803-1805 in the Med. Pirates become frustrated that the US mocks their abilities be dispatching a 200+ year old ship and its ceremonial crew to take them on. Interestingly Comm. William Bainbridge (of USS Bainbridge (DDG-96) fame) served in the same anti/counter-pirate operation as the Constitution back in the day. Ironic?

c) We go back to Somalia

I vote a then b…with c as a very distant, undesirable option

Hats off to our special operators…who will not get the individual credit/attention they deserve for their work—and they’d like to keep it that way.

Three Options:

a) A few commercial vessels are sent into the area with (insert security team name here) to play "wild weasel" with the pirates. Pirates attack said weak-looking vessel, get rolled up, and hung from the yardarms (not really). Pirates, unable to figure out which ship is armed, become confused (at the least) and stop attacking (at the most). We’ve got air marshals…why not sea marshals?

b) The USS Constitution is put back out to sea to take on the pirates just as it did in 1803-1805 in the Med. Pirates become frustrated that the US mocks their abilities be dispatching a 200+ year old ship and its ceremonial crew to take them on. Interestingly Comm. William Bainbridge (of USS Bainbridge (DDG-96) fame) served in the same anti/counter-pirate operation as the Constitution back in the day. Ironic?

c) We go back to Somalia

I vote a then b…with c as a very distant, undesirable option

Hats off to our special operators…who will not get the individual credit/attention they deserve for their work—and they’d like to keep it that way.

Not sure how "Old Ironsides" will hold up to RPGs. But I like the way you think. Oh, and the Navy does "A", it was posted earlier I think. The take a destroyer and turn on certain lights to make it look like a commercial ship. When the get close enough to figure out there mistake, it is game over.

C would work with a combo Chuck Norris Delta Force hostage rescue, missile strike, and MEF landing on the beach.

Now, they should take their bodies,... with the huge hole through their skulls,... and freeze them in a 1000# block of ice. Then, drop them on the beach via helicopter with note saying "From the USA with love,... BTW don't mess with US flagged vessels".

The ensuing "melt" will be priceless.

Nice shooting, guys.

Edited by Huggyu2

According to a MSNBC recently released report, Pres Obama was one of the SEAL Team members involved in the assault after landing on a carrier in an EA-6B, while Michele was able to change her wardrobe for a 3rd time and the kids picked out a name for their new dog.

Edited by Pike

According to a MSNBC recently released report, Pres Obama was one of the SEAL Team members involved in the assault after landing on a carrier in an EA-6B, while Michele was able to change her wardrobe for a 3rd time and the kids picked out a name for their new dog.

I heard he walked on the water over to the life boat and kicked the hatch open.

I heard he gave the OK, let the commander in the area make the final decision on his judgement, let the SEALS do their job, and still got roasted for it.

I guess he should have micromanaged it and botched it ala Jimmy Carter. That would of made everyone happy.

According to the news, they were shot after pointing an AK at the Captain. In other words, this wasn't an approved rescue attempt it was the on scene commander taking action to prevent the possible loss of life. No doubt the President approved the ROE they were operating under, but to claim the president OKed a rescue plan is false.

Either way, good job by all to include POTUS.

According to the news, they were shot after pointing an AK at the Captain. In other words, this wasn't an approved rescue attempt it was the on scene commander taking action to prevent the possible loss of life. No doubt the President approved the ROE they were operating under, but to claim the president OKed a rescue plan is false.

Either way, good job by all to include POTUS.

Correct- POTUS gave the on site commander the OK to take them out if he (the CC) felt the Cpts life was in "imminent danger".

I heard he gave the OK, let the commander in the area make the final decision on his judgement, let the SEALS do their job, and still got roasted for it.

I guess he should have micromanaged it and botched it ala Jimmy Carter. That would of made everyone happy.

Ah, come on! Don't get your panties in a bunch. We are making light of how this situation, that had nothing to with him, will turn into a "Obama is the greates Presient ever" media circus.

Ah, come on! Don't get your panties in a bunch. We are making light of how this situation, that had nothing to with him, will turn into a "Obama is the greates Presient ever" media circus.

I'm not- I'm just trying to stir the pot (as usual). :thumbsup:

Someone has to be the voice of opposition.

"take a destroyer and turn on certain lights to make it look like a commercial ship. When the get close enough to figure out there mistake, it is game over"

I say let them board a commercial ship...only to come face to face with Samuel L Jackson.

I am curious how much distance was between the pirate ship and the destroyer the SEALS were on. Must have been pretty tough for a sniper to get the shot with both boats moving on the water. They are bad mother ######ers no doubt. I am glad they are on our team.

Who is saying they were on the ship? Heheh...

F

"take a destroyer and turn on certain lights to make it look like a commercial ship. When the get close enough to figure out there mistake, it is game over"

I say let them board a commercial ship...only to come face to face with Samuel L Jackson.

Who would be sick of those muthafucking pirates on his muthafuckin boat!