WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

"It's For The Children" - Romania Bans Silly Names for Kids!

Romania’s government has amended the country’s Civil Code banning silly baby names.

Now registry office staff have a right not to register bad baby names that sound funny, obscene or insulting.

The local media write that the decree was adopted after some parents had named their kids "Emperor," "Police," "Tarzan" and even "TV-set."

Weird. Maybe they meant Iraq and Afghanistan?

post-7998-0-59686400-1317812244_thumb.jp

Crack journalism everyone.

So is the reporting that terrible, or did the poll come back with "we shouldn't be in Iran"? I could believe either one from the general population, seeing as most of them can't find Iraq OR Afghanistan on a map...but I do expect a little more from veterans.

So is the reporting that terrible, or did the poll come back with "we shouldn't be in Iran"? I could believe either one from the general population, seeing as most of them can't find Iraq OR Afghanistan on a map...but I do expect a little more from veterans.

It should read Iraq and Afghanistan.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/05/poll-1-in-3-us-veterans-believe-iraq-and-afghan-wars-not-worth-fighting/

Edited by Vertigo

NKCola.jpg

This is a North Korean drink, Cocoa, whose label design resembles Coca Cola. A Frenchman recently posted the image on the photo sharing Web site Flickr. He said he discovered the drink at the supermarket at a swimming pool in Pyongyang.

Crabonated?!?

• Upvote 1

Fail. :bash:

Westboro Church Uses iPhone to Announce Steve Jobs Funeral Protest

The Westboro Baptist Church took to an iPhone when they heard about Steve Jobs’ death Wednesday night, sending out a message saying the Apple founder would be going to hell and calling for a protest of his funeral.

“Westboro will picket his funeral. He had a huge platform; gave God no glory and taught sin,” wrote Margie Phelps, daughter of the church’s founder.

The controversial group often pickets outside of soldiers’ funerals to draw media attention to their cause, which includes anti-gay material. Phelps tweeted the messages from her account, with an automatic note appearing at the bottom of the Tweet saying “via Twitter for iPhone.”

“No peace for man who served self, not God,” she wrote with the hashtag, #hellgreetedhim. “Westboro must picket.”

Thursday morning, Phelps responded to widespread criticism of her using the iPhone to Tweet the messages, saying that the phone was created by God–not Jobs–for that purpose.

“Rebels mad cuz I used iPhone to tell you Steve Jobs is in hell.God created iPhone for that purpose! icon_smile.gif ” she wrote.

Arrangements for Jobs’ funeral haven’t been announced.

5kjVw.jpg

• Upvote 1

"Patriot?" Maybe as a football player; but as an officer in the USN he falls far short of that title...

Patriots’ Eric Kettani leaves football for active duty in the Navy

There are patriots, and there are Patriots. New England running back Eric Kettani(notes) has proven that by leaving the football version of the term, he's become even more the real thing. An active military member for the Navy Reserve, Kettani realized another dream this year as he made New England's practice squad...

What is really happening is that he's whining about his ADSC despite his free education courtesy the USNA!

I hope FNG Kettani gets handed a big bowl of shit when he gets to the USS Klakring. He knew what the conditions were when he went to Annapolis, now he's crying because someone is holding him accountable.

And BRAVO ZULU to the Navy for making him serve his commitment! :salut:

Hey, Masshole:

Just found this on another board. I suppose it's probably old news to the physics geek crowd, but here y'go:

"We don’t allow faster-than-light neutrinos in here,” says the bartender.

A neutrino walks into a bar.

EDIT: format

Edited by Jughead
  • Upvote 6

Hey, Masshole:

Just found this on another board. I suppose it's probably old news to the physics geek crowd, but here y'go:

"We don’t allow faster-than-light neutrinos in here,” says the bartender.

A neutrino walks into a bar.

EDIT: format

I like that one. Here is another good one:

Two fermions walk into the bar. The first one orders a drink and the second says "I will have what he is having."

I like that one. Here is another good one:

Two fermions walk into the bar. The first one orders a drink and the second says "I will have what he is having."

And an appropriate question for the WTF thread:

What the ###### is a fermion?

She'll probably win millions...

http://www.foxnews.c...test=latestnews

A Texas woman is suing Continental Airlines and three other carriers over mental trauma she says was caused by a turbulent flight, the Houston Chronicle reported.

Colleen O'Neal alleges that the October 2009 flight from College Station, Texas, to Houston -- a usually short flight that ended up taking more than two hours -- encountered extreme turbulence that caused her to fear for her life.

O'Neal experienced post-traumatic stress disorder and now fears flying, which has had a detrimental impact on her career, according to the suit filed Tuesday in Harris County district court.

Also named in the suit are regional carrier Pinnacle Airlines, which operated the flight; Pinnacle's owner, Colgan Air; and United Airlines, which recently merged with Continental.

Spokespeople for United and Pinnacle declined to comment

About-Face: Soldiers Target Stray Eyebrows in Afghanistan

Emerging amid the camouflage and crewcuts is the latest in combat chic: male soldiers with eyebrows professionally shaped into slender arches.

"I just wanted them to shape up my eyebrows," explains Private First Class Richard Guillemette, whose job is to call in artillery barrages from the front lines.

Spc. Rene Ruiz, a 22-year-old from Oxnard, Calif., leaves his own brows in their natural state. But he knows a few other soldiers who indulge in super-orbital grooming. He even knows one soldier who shaves his arms and legs to bring out his tattoos.

"They're straight guys—just a little metrosexual," says Spec. Ruiz.

Army Strong