Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

Officers that allow this type of crap to continue enable these "NCOs" to feel more empowered.

"Sergeant, report to me at whatever time to discuss" would have been my emailed response. When Dale (nice professionalism there SMSgt), reported I would thank him for his attention to detail and knowledge of the regulations. I would also complement him on letting me know that he thought the 'stache was out of regs. I would then remind Dale of his responsible to police the enlisted ranks and that his email to me was inappropriate...especially this part:

To my dismay you returned to the DFAC on the 19th mustache unchanged. I did not reengage you at this time because of your attitude the night before. Please resolve this issue at your earliest convenience, so we can put this issue behind us.

What happened next would depend on his attitude. Guessing from his email, I think Dale might be put at attention and reminded in a more formal manner of basic military rank structure and customs/courtesies.

If you're an "O", stop letting this happen to you!!

If someone EVER dimes you out like this via e-mail, be sure they are following mandated e-mail communications formats to a T! That includes signature blocks on e-mail.

100208af_b1_fire2.JPG

That was our squadron. One of the guys recently PCS'd...one of his gifts was a gallon of hydraulic fluid..."You never know when you'll need one more gallon".

Forgive my ignorance, but what is that a picture of?

Edited by Spoo

The link posted above the picture indicates it's a BOne. The image title indicates it is a af_b1_fire2.

Sorry, didn't look back far enough. My lack of SA bites me again. At least your +1 post because of it.

Guest fourtenwedge

Got this email from our Ops Sup Friday. Missing reflective belt at the 'Deid.

Good Morning Squadron!

Can you assist in locating a 'Grand Slam' belt (2 reflective belts with

a buckle) potentially taken from OL-15 during the last rotation? The belt

was 'built' to commemorate something over there. While this may seem to be

a small issue here at (MY HOME STATION), it has the potential to become a 'big deal'

to our commanders if the deployed WG CC gets involved and decides to take

it up with Gen (MY WG CC). The belief is that someone from the OG returning to

(MY HOME STATION) simply 'took' it without permission. At this point, no-harm, no foul if

it's returned quickly.

The belt can be returned to the SDO's office with no questions asked.

I don't know what this "Grand Slam" belt is but :beer: to whoever took it.

I love it. An OPS SUP threatening GO involvement over a missing disco belt. Priceless...

The thing that sucks is that if it isn't returned, everyone will pay.

Sounds like something you get when you win a wrestling title...

ufc-belt-girls-want-sylvia.jpg

(I was looking for a pic of some WWF bozo with a belt, but saw this one and had to use it!)

Cheers! M2

Right Start, in all its glory, will now be administered in the form of "Right Finish". You do it all over again before redeploying. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Yeah, we had the "mandatory" Wing CC call for all of those that were rotating home. However, the email said those that are leaving in January had to attend one of the briefings and get their orders stamped in order to process PERSCO.

So since I was leaving in Feb, I decided that mandatory policy didn't apply to me. :thumbsup:

That and I just got back at the end of February, and never even once took out my reflective belt and wore it around CC. :rock:

F@#$ the WG/CC's policy on looking gayer than possible by wearing that thing with REFLECTIVE PT gear. :flipoff:

Edited by capt4fans

As stated earlier, someone is just going to have to take one for the team and have a string of accidents all attributed to the wear of the reflective belt. That'll put a stop to that.

I personally am going to wear mine in the shower, just in case...

Guest DesertRat

The people on this thread are not gonna believe this, but I'll try to explain it. First of all, it is one of the :rainbow: est things I have ever heard. The 379th AEW has what is called the World Series of Al Udeid where every Sq/CC has little chits to hand out to folks for doing what the Commander deems as good/safety type things, i.e. using a spotter when backing a car out, picking up FOD on a taxi way, coming up with ideas like blues on Mondays in the AOR....I don't know, crap like that. At the end of every month the chits get tallied and the Sq with the most points wins the World Series......which the award for the winner is a WWE style disco belt with a big triangle K patch in front.......sooooooo someone stole the belt.....hilarious!

The people on this thread are not gonna believe this, but I'll try to explain it. First of all, it is one of the :rainbow: est things I have ever heard. The 379th AEW has what is called the World Series of Al Udeid where every Sq/CC has little chits to hand out to folks for doing what the Commander deems as good/safety type things, i.e. using a spotter when backing a car out, picking up FOD on a taxi way, coming up with ideas like blues on Mondays in the AOR....I don't know, crap like that. At the end of every month the chits get tallied and the Sq with the most points wins the World Series......which the award for the winner is a WWE style disco belt with a big triangle K patch in front.......sooooooo someone stole the belt.....hilarious!

Now it all makes sense.

Why a "K" on it? I'm sure it's going to be retarded and obvious when you tell me why, but the brain just isn't processing the answer for me right now...

That sounds like the old Wurtsmith tail flash. That's weird, since the WG/CC was originally out of Griffiss. It should have a Statue of Liberty picture on it.

Guest Krabs

I'm this close--> | | to going Marines now.

Why a "K" on it? I'm sure it's going to be retarded and obvious when you tell me why, but the brain just isn't processing the answer for me right now...

They are trying to play up the history of the 379th from WWII. Interesting history, but it doesn't undo the gayness of the deid.

post-2042-1237245105_thumb.jpg

They are trying to play up the history of the 379th from WWII. Interesting history, but it doesn't undo the gayness of the deid.

I'm sure the guys that fought with the 379th in WWII would just be honored beyond belief to know that their "heritage" has been pussified in the form of a reflective belt-award from a friggin' safety contest, in a place over-ridden with non-ers so far out of touch with the war that it brings tears to a man's eyes.

Great job.

I'm sure the guys that fought with the 379th in WWII would just be honored beyond belief to know that their "heritage" has been pussified in the form of a reflective belt-award from a friggin' safety contest, in a place over-ridden with non-ers so far out of touch with the war that it brings tears to a man's eyes.

Great job.

God, with all this going on, I think I'll drag a mattress in the CAOC and never come out.

This is going to be a fun year. I'll make sure to bring some 341s with me, too.

Guest Brewdog
Any word about gayness like this at OAKN?

I haven't been there since fall of '06 but IMHO it was the best of the bigger sites in the AOR. Minimal gayness due, in part, to the large Army/ISAF presence. When AF Village existed, some of the sillyness did happen inside the compound. As for more current info, sorry can't help.

Great job.

Remembering our Air Force past, one disco belt at a time...

post-1551-1237293087_thumb.jpg

post-1551-1237293095_thumb.jpg

Kind of makes you proud, doesn't it?

Mike

Edited by MKopack

Remembering our Air Force past, one disco belt at a time...

Kind of makes you proud, doesn't it?

Mike

Makes you wonder how we ever won that war; how we didn't lose most of our troops due to lack of reflectivity.

Makes you wonder how we ever won that war; how we didn't lose most of our troops due to lack of reflectivity.

After being out of the Air Force for nearly 18 years, I found myself 'reflecting' on this issue just this weekend. Was cleaning out the closet and inside an old box I came upon an original circa-1987 red MacDill AFB, 56th TTW, reflective belt, and an old set of BDU's. (Had to be from MacDill as we didn't wear them at TJ or while in Qatar.)

My just turned six-year old son, wearing my BDU shirt, asked what the belt was and I explained it to him. He just looked at me and said "But Daddy, if you're wearing camoflague, why would you wear a belt so everyone could see you?" I was so proud. I don't know if I should just sign him up as the next Chief of Staff, or I should take my disco belt down to the recruiting office and sign back up. I could probably get a good deal going back in, afterall, I already have a belt...

Mike

Guest fourtenwedge
This is going to be a fun year. I'll make sure to bring some 341s with me, too.

Oh man a 341 would be right up their ally :bohica:. I mean might as well go all the way, reflective vests and a 341 tucked nicely into your front pocket.

Don't even mention 341s on here. I bet the Deid has spies trolling around here looking for ways to make your lives at the Deid even more hellish. Soon you will have SNCOs and Maj.s looking for that next leaf handing out 341s for kicking up sand as you walk.