Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

Just a heads up to anyone headed out to the Deid for a rotation any time in the next few months. Make sure your PT score is updated. Appartenly it will be needed when you get submitted for an EOG monthly award. :vomit::banghead:

Frankly, I'm about to just ask that my name be withdrawn simply on the principle that if the deciding factor in a monthly award package is how high your PT score is, then go f*** youself. :flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

you think thats absurd, check out what al dahfra's got goin' on

BMR_Program.pdf

Just a heads up to anyone headed out to the Deid for a rotation any time in the next few months. Make sure your PT score is updated. Appartenly it will be needed when you get submitted for an EOG monthly award. :vomit::banghead:

Frankly, I'm about to just ask that my name be withdrawn simply on the principle that if the deciding factor in a monthly award package is how high your PT score is, then go f*** youself. :flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

Some of the Army commanders were doing the same thing with their people during my ILO tour last year. Gen Petraeus found out about soldiers being denied awards and even end of tour medals and promptly sh1tcanned those commanders.

While passing a PT test is part of being a good airman/soldier/sailor/marine, it isn't the only factor in determining whether or not you can do a great job. Just because you're not capable of getting 90+ on the PFT doesn't mean you're a sh1tbag who's undeserving of an award.

Some of the Army commanders were doing the same thing with their people during my ILO tour last year. Gen Petraeus found out about soldiers being denied awards and even end of tour medals and promptly sh1tcanned those commanders.

While passing a PT test is part of being a good airman/soldier/sailor/marine, it isn't the only factor in determining whether or not you can do a great job. Just because you're not capable of getting 90+ on the PFT doesn't mean you're a sh1tbag who's undeserving of an award.

If they had that program running at Salem the last time I was there, there would be TONS of pissed of dudes in the gym who were clearly "tubs-o-lard" by BMI standards. A couple of'm could bench press over 500lbs. But that fits. The AF took a broken ass system of bodily health (BMI indexing) and decided to use it as the gold standard. Thanks air staff!

Morons.

I guess this is what we get when commanders no long make it a point to actually know their people and understand what's really happening with the members of their command. Just impliment mass policies that will "take care of any problems" instead of tailoring solutions to specific problems.

So much for leadership.

FF

Guest CAVEMAN

WTF is up with AF and End of Tour Awards. Why does every Officer or SNCO in the Airforce get a Bronze Star when they leave a successful tour?

Are people not expected to do their job? They are getting paid for crying out loud. Blanket awards are gay especially when your have undeserving turds.

The award system is a joke. Just ruinning the whole legacy piece by inflating awards.

All that is history is being washed up by self interest.

Candy Chest Warriors (CCW)

Guest Rusty Pipes

This BMI thing is pretty ridiculous, which is why I am completely baffled as to why they have not done the same thing at the Deid. We are usually at the tip of the spear when it comes to bad ideas. How is it that these Wing CC's can actually come up with this stuff and actually implement these policies with a straight face. How did they get in charge in the first place? At the Deid there are 4 AF generals who work at the CAOC. My experience dealing with them is that they are all great leaders with no concern for the slightest bit of these bullshit shenanigans which is refreshing. Then you step "outside the CAOC wire" and it is like you are entering bizzaro world. Reflective belts, 25 KPH speed limits, Chiefs who are sanctioned uniform Nazis.

Thank God for the 4 GO's that work in the CAOC, you think of how bad it is now... you should see half of the stuff we would be doing if they didn't put the kibosh on a lot more of the "good ideas" that come out of the Wing. This is pretty much how things work at the Deid, anyone who has worked in the CAOC in the past 6 months or so can probably attest to this...

1) E-mail comes out from the Wing with a brilliant new policy

2) 3 Star CFACC rolls into town about 2 weeks later for a few days before doing his AOR rounds

3) Said 3 Star is briefed on the new policy from the Wing

4) 3 Star, who was issued common sense, decides it is an incredibly stupid policy

5) 30 seconds after the meeting an e-mail goes out saying that the new policy is dumb and therefore no longer exists

There are a lot of fat bastards walking around out there in uniform, so I think the intent of this particular policy isn't one of the worst I've seen. We've all seen those folks walking around with their very snugly fit XXXXXL PT shirt on. I think putting this in the hands of the wrong Commander who I'm sure will delegate it to one of the hundreds of Chiefs on base could get ugly though because it is pretty subjective. You get that guy who runs 2 triathlons a week that thinks everyone who doesn't is a fat bastard and you might be in trouble. I hate when CC's enact their own policies when the AF already has one that covers the very same topic. WTFO!?!

Edited by Rusty Pipes

Well, you know how to solve that one....tell the Goats in the back of the Wacker's that are out there to quit eating everything they see. :rock:

LMAO :thumbsup:

If only it was limited to us... Of course in AK we bring nutritious snacks such as smoked salmon, various flavors of bear/caribou/moose jerky, etc... Maybe we need to start shipping that to the AOR?

Unfortunately in my Expeditionary Combat Skills class I had the fortune/misfortune of being thrown in with some of our finest "warriors." Folks who were UNABLE to low/high crawl roughly 15 yards. YGTBFSM!!! Also, weapons handling.. what the hell do they teach in these classes. I was swept with barrels so many times I would have been shot in the first 10 minutes of a combat convoy. This is coming from someone who has never shot anything other than handguns.

Now on to the real point of the post:

If we, the Air Force, can afford to send 200 CE "TCN details" to watch TCNs build a bus stop, could we not use those same CE folks to build said bus stop and not contract it out?

* edited for clarity.

Edited by abmwaldo

In the pdf attachment:

There is an AF Form for Lt - Col professional standards.

There is an AF Form for Amn-TSgt professional standards.

There is an AF Form for MSgt - CMSgt professional standards.

There wasn't one for GO professional standards.

Guess that explains a lot...Metzger...T-bird audio/video contracts...banging the the help in the JAG office...

Edited by brickhistory

BMR_Program.pdf

That's frick'n hilarious..probably more so to me. This guy was my Wing CC 4 years ago when I was an IP at ENJJPT, he had us running all the time which I think was a great idea...but he had these PT shirts made that said...I shit you not "Body by Jake". btw..."Jake" is his callsign.

WTF is up with AF and End of Tour Awards. Why does every Officer or SNCO in the Airforce get a Bronze Star when they leave a successful tour?

Agree with you on that one Cave. I've read a few cases recently where the guy did XX successful missions traveling between xx different FOBs and got bronze star, but no mention of any actual combat action. The problem was even worse with the Navy guys in ILO spots doing the same job I was doing last year. Most of those guys were fobbits and were given a bronze star at the end of their tour. Before you blame the Army for that one, the Navy handled the submission/awarding of decorations for their people assigned to Army units. A lot of it was a sense of entitlement due to the guy they replaced having gotten one as well.

I went into some scary @ss places with the MiTT teams I taught EW to and heard a few rounds plink off the Humvees I was in. The guys on those teams were lucky to get a bronze star after a year of doing this on a daily basis, facing random fire fights every few days, and being involved in numerous IED events. There was no way I would ask for or expect the same award they got when I only went out a few times

I perused "Jakes" bio. Seems light on combat related medals....meaning none. Yes, yes, I know some get 'em and some don't based on career track and assignment. But hell, I figured with his assignments he'd be looking at a DFC or at least ONE Air Medal! After this tour, he'll undoubtedly add a Silver Star! I'm seeing lots of MSM's and ONE Aerial Ach Medal (requirement = pulse while airborne). This may be a twisted memory from one of my mekong-soaked brain cells, but I was once told U-2 guys get AAMs after so many successful landings. True?

Sorry, I just got that whole "Combat Doc" vibe from this guy.......

- Crog

P.S. Should you actually list RQ-4A as an "aircraft flown"?

http://www.af.mil/bios/bio.asp?bioID=8906

That's frick'n hilarious..probably more so to me. This guy was my Wing CC 4 years ago when I was an IP at ENJJPT, he had us running all the time which I think was a great idea...but he had these PT shirts made that said...I shit you not "Body by Jake". btw..."Jake" is his callsign.

Don't forget the 89th taking it a step further and putting "serious as a heart attack," his other favorite saying, on our shirts. :rainbow:

Agree with you on that one Cave. I've read a few cases recently where the guy did XX successful missions traveling between xx different FOBs and got bronze star, but no mention of any actual combat action. The problem was even worse with the Navy guys in ILO spots doing the same job I was doing last year. Most of those guys were fobbits and were given a bronze star at the end of their tour. Before you blame the Army for that one, the Navy handled the submission/awarding of decorations for their people assigned to Army units. A lot of it was a sense of entitlement due to the guy they replaced having gotten one as well.

I went into some scary @ss places with the MiTT teams I taught EW to and heard a few rounds plink off the Humvees I was in. The guys on those teams were lucky to get a bronze star after a year of doing this on a daily basis, facing random fire fights every few days, and being involved in numerous IED events. There was no way I would ask for or expect the same award they got when I only went out a few times

Bronze stars need not be awarded for actual combat (leadership of combat troops is the primary exception).

Don't forget the 89th taking it a step further and putting "serious as a heart attack," his other favorite saying, on our shirts. :rainbow:

Not a good saying. Our MSG commander had a heart attack while PTing. This guy was no slouch either: he was a CRO!!!

Edited by BQZip01

• 3 weeks later...

Figured all you headed out to the 'Deid would like to know that the host nation has decided that we no longer need alcohol to keep this place running. Went to the BRA tonight and all that was left was half a bottle of Cuervo, Hennesey, and something they're calling the beer of the month (read leftover that no one wanted)

Just when I thought this place couldn't get any worse. :bash::bash::bash:

Figured all you headed out to the 'Deid would like to know that the host nation has decided that we no longer need alcohol to keep this place running. Went to the BRA tonight and all that was left was half a bottle of Cuervo, Hennesey, and something they're calling the beer of the month (read leftover that no one wanted)

If you know some bubbas over at the CAOC, head over to the Muff Inn.

Oh snap! Is this a permanent thing or did Services just put in their order late? I can't imagine how much more shitty that place will be without 3 a day.

oh lordy, it is bad when a commander has a knee-jerk reaction and says "no more booze", but now we have a King declaring no more booze for the foreigners? WTF? I mean, you can still buy it downtown at Chili's, right?

I know for a while when I was there last, the beer & booze were a little short because the delivery ran late. Hopefully this is all it is...

...then again, this is the 'Deid...

I just got told today that there's a 365 to the CAOC with my name on it. I guess I'm #2 on the non-vol list.

What form of suicide is the fashion these days?

At least you only have a self-destructive spirit and aren't trying to go postal...

I just got told today that there's a 365 to the CAOC with my name on it. I guess I'm #2 on the non-vol list.

What form of suicide is the fashion these days?

Not to worry, I have it on good authority that the war will be over soon. If you haven't heard, we're broke.

I propose we figure out what the booze situation is before we send afnav out there for 365. If he has booze, then he can go out there with something to look forward to. If there is no booze, the life will suck. Besides, I'm headed out there in the not-too-distant-future, so I want to know if it's just short supply or it's gone for good and I'll be making Listerine margaritas.