Gun Talk

VL-16

Almost pulled the trigger (no pun intended) on the S&W M&P-15 about 3 weeks ago. Big mistake waiting on that one. Anyone know of any other locations that still have 'em, or any other AR-15s, in stock?

Good luck on finding one now. Anything remotely resembling an AR in .223 or .556 is sold out everywhere. You may try something like gunbroker.com or gunsamerica.com. If you do happen to find one, the next challenge will be finding ammo.

Sounds like Quantico has sold out... I just checked the website, they bumped up the price by $75 on the S&M M&P MOE I bought last week. I also picked up 5 MAGPUL 30 rd. mags for $12 each from another site - seems everyone is sold out now, they are going for around $70 (with bidders) on ebay now. Should have bought more and capitalized!

163810_01_md.jpg

Anyone ever fired a S&W 642? Looking a getting one. Have a real problem with unregistered zombies in my neighborhood and it is hard to walk 2 dogs and carry and M-4 with a 100 rd mag. Not because it draws attention, but my Labrador with a thick skull and a small brain keeps getting her leash wrapped around the M4-2000 suppressor.

Sounds like Quantico has sold out... I just checked the website, they bumped up the price by $75 on the S&M M&P MOE I bought last week. I also picked up 5 MAGPUL 30 rd. mags for $12 each from another site - seems everyone is sold out now, they are going for around $70 (with bidders) on ebay now. Should have bought more and capitalized!

If they only bumped the price up $75, not bad. The 6920MP I bought a while ago for a grand is now being listed with a buy it now price on gunbroker for $3460. Wow.

Edited by ChkHandleDn

163810_01_md.jpg

Anyone ever fired a S&W 642? Looking a getting one. Have a real problem with unregistered zombies in my neighborhood and it is hard to walk 2 dogs and carry and M-4 with a 100 rd mag. Not because it draws attention, but my Labrador with a thick skull and a small brain keeps getting her leash wrapped around the M4-2000 suppressor.

I have the 442, which is the exact same but blued. I use that as my CCW, and have had no problems with it. Not the most accurate due to the short barrel, but it'll get the job done. 5 rounds of .38+P weighs more than the gun itself...

I have the 442, which is the exact same but blued. I use that as my CCW, and have had no problems with it. Not the most accurate due to the short barrel, but it'll get the job done. 5 rounds of .38+P weighs more than the gun itself...

I also have a 442 and carry it often. The +p rounds are a bit snappy, but have favorable ballistics. I got mine last year for $290 (final price) using Buds LE site. The trigger is a bit heavy but a gunsmith can lighten that up a bit.

If you get a revolver, it takes a bit more training and practice--I use speed-strips for reloads which is not as quick as a speed-loader but is much easier to carry for extra ammo.

30 Round PMAGs are now over $100 on ebay (if you have a few laying around and need some extra Christmas scratch).

I bought 80 for less than $800 last week...

If someone pays $100 for a single PMag then they are a fool. I'm pretty confident you'll still be able to buy them 6 months from now.

I bought 80 for less than $800 last week...

If someone pays $100 for a single PMag then they are a fool. I'm pretty confident you'll still be able to buy them 6 months from now.

You realize you're sitting on the type of investment most folks dream of right now, right?

Any of you guys know if you can still get just an AR-15 upper anywhere for a decent price? This is probably a long shot...

I was thinking of building myself an M4-style carbine before all this bullshit happened. I already have a Bushmaster A2 so now I'm thinking maybe if I can just get an M4 upper and a buttstock that would be good enough. But I'm not really finding anything so far!

You realize you're sitting on the type of investment most folks dream of right now, right?

Haha--don't know about that, though I'm sure I could make some money off the purchase if I really wanted/needed to. I rarely see the point on selling anything gun related. I buy my 'toys' to own them, not to make a profit.

There is an important lesson out of all of this...if you love firearms, shooting, the 2nd Amendment, etc then you should always be buying within what your budget allows. M2 is sitting very pretty right now, and good on him. He, like many others, understands that there are plenty of sheep who would love nothing more than to limit our Rights (and I'm not only talking about the 2nd Amendment Rights).

Again, I don't think the GOP House will allow for any new 'bans' on magazines, AR's, or anything else for that matter--if they do, they are finished as then there truly is little to no difference between the 2 parties. So after this quiet downs in 4-6 months you'll see the availability of AR's, AK's, mags, etc...no doubt they'll be a little bit higher priced than before September, but unfortunately, that's just the market doing its thing. I refuse to pay 1.5-2x the price of anything right now.

Any of you guys know if you can still get just an AR-15 upper anywhere for a decent price? This is probably a long shot...

I was thinking of building myself an M4-style carbine before all this bullshit happened. I already have a Bushmaster A2 so now I'm thinking maybe if I can just get an M4 upper and a buttstock that would be good enough. But I'm not really finding anything so far!

The places that aren't price gouging have been sold out for a little while.

Recommend waiting 6 months until things settle out.

Thanks guys. Definitly looking at the 442 now. Saw a comment on another site saying no concealed weapon should be shinny!

I ain't got no guns, lost 'em all during a tragic boating accident in the Gulf of Mexico a few weeks back. It was horrible, all those beautiful firearms fell into the water and sank to unreachable depths.

Oh, and all of my ammo as well!

Cheers! M2

• Upvote 2

I ain't got no guns, lost 'em all during a tragic boating accident in the Gulf of Mexico a few weeks back. It was horrible, all those beautiful firearms fell into the water and sank to unreachable depths.

Cheers! M2

Darn the luck...just have to start over!

Cheers! M2

Mine too. All those scary magazines and scary back rifles--all gone <tear>.

I ain't got no guns, lost 'em all during a tragic boating accident in the Gulf of Mexico a few weeks back

I don't recall reading about any container ships sinking in the Gulf recently... and, sure as shit you didn't get your arsenal aboard anything smaller!! :beer:

Not that I need any more ammo, 'cause all my guns fell out of our boat in the Gulf of Mexico; but if anyone needs some 7.62x39 at a decent price, Brownell's has Wolf for $52.99 for 200 rounds (so 26.5¢ per round).

Here's the deal.

http://www.slickguns...hipping-over-99

Order here:

http://www.brownells...040-113733.aspx

With free shipping on orders over $99 (use Coupon Code: DSR)

Actually, I just found an even better deal from The Sportsmans Guide...

http://www.slickguns...j-1000rds-21997

Just as a comparison, AmmoEngine's cheapest ammo of the same caliber is the same stuff for 55¢ a round...

Cheers! M2

Beware: I bought a gun on gunbroker.com by calling the seller (had to get some questions answered first) and dealing with him directly. Was promised the gun, but then didn't hear back from seller with the address he wanted me to send money to. Looked online and noticed the seller had put the item back up (taken off after our deal) & relisted the item, which is now 800$ more than the original buy now price. I think this d bag is cashing in on the gun fear. I'll handle the complaint with gunbroker, but be wary. People with no ethics are cashing in.

Thanks guys. Definitly looking at the 442 now. Saw a comment on another site saying no concealed weapon should be shinny!

I've got a 642 with Crimson Trace grips. Great setup I think. The trigger is heavy but I put the Apex revolver upgrade kit in there and it's a little lighter and a lot smoother.

Beware: I bought a gun on gunbroker.com by calling the seller (had to get some questions answered first) and dealing with him directly. Was promised the gun, but then didn't hear back from seller with the address he wanted me to send money to. Looked online and noticed the seller had put the item back up (taken off after our deal) & relisted the item, which is now 800$ more than the original buy now price. I think this d bag is cashing in on the gun fear. I'll handle the complaint with gunbroker, but be wary. People with no ethics are cashing in.

Hell, I had that happen to me long before the ban scare! Some bozo out near Bastrop had a milled Bulgarian AK for sale at a great price. After having the deal all set up, the morning I was getting ready to drive out there he goes NORDO on me. Never did reply to my emails, texts and phone calls.

Then earlier this year I had someone ask me the price on a Russian milled kit they had. I gave them an honest answer (and others confirmed it) and they said I could have first dibs on it if they decided to sell it. Later they did offer it to me, and I was going to drop by their house but he said they had a sleeping baby and asked if I could come by the next morning. Then late that night the asshole sends me a text saying he got a better offer.

So these douchebags have existed long before this recent panic, it's just events like this bring them out of the woodwork...

Thank God I no longer have any guns or ammo to worry about!

Cheers! M2

• Upvote 1

30 Round PMAGs are now over $100 on ebay (if you have a few laying around and need some extra Christmas scratch).

eBay doesn't allow the sale of regular capacity magazines, only 10 rounders. They are ending all those auctions as they find them.