Gun Talk

VL-16

Nope don't have a .22 although if I didn't want the .40 more would have grabbed it and resold it. I hadnt seen a box of 9, 40 or 22 (occasional 45) in almost three months and I just drove from OK to WA and checked in every state we stopped. I did visit a buddy at dyess and there was a little more 40 than anything so maybe it's just a TX thing.

OK gents, if anyone stumbles across any 7.62x25 Tokarev ammo, let me know. I've got a Yugo M57 inbound and need to find something to shoot through it...

Cheers! M2

One of my favorite handguns is my T33 so I buy the x25 all the time. It usually runs me around $26 for a box of 50 and I never have trouble finding it, even recently. Heck, the BX here got 6 boxes in just this last week for around that price.

I scored big time at my local Walmart this weekend. They got a ton of ammo in and I was lucky enough to be there right when they brought it out, and to have a salesman that would sell me 3 boxes and then let me buy more after going to the back of the line several times. (Everyone was doing it too... kind of funny to watch.)

Also, does anyone here have much experience with sniper rifles? I've been looking at the Savage Arms 110 BA .338 Lapua as a starter. Yes, I know it costs an arm and a leg to shoot too.

Edited by Spartacus
  • Upvote 1

http://m.washingtont...ight-infringe-/

“I do think there are certain times we should infringe on your freedom,” Mr. Bloomberg said, during an appearance on NBC.

GFY Mr. bloomberg

He says this because he truly believes we are too stupid to think for ourselves. Now, of course, judging by his constituents' voting record he may not be too far off - he got voted into office several times. We need to get more thinking people to the ballots boxes to drown out the sheep.

Looks like the gun store that Kelly purchased the AR-15 from has sent him a refund.

http://www.foxnews.c...ons-his-intent/

A Tucson gun store owner has decided to rescind the sale of a military-style rifle to Mark Kelly, the husband of former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, after Kelly said he had intended the purchase to make a political point about how easy it is to obtain the kind of firearms he's lobbying Congress to ban.

Kelly's March 5 purchase of an AR-15-style rifle and a 45.-caliber handgun at Diamondback Police Supply sparked a frenzy of reaction from both sides of the debate after he posted to Facebook a photo of himself shopping.

A background check took only a matter of minutes to complete, Kelly said in the Facebook post, adding that it's scary to think people can buy similar guns without background checks at gun shows or on the Internet.

But Kelly couldn't immediately take possession of the rifle because the shop had bought it from a customer. As a result, the store is required by a Tucson ordinance to hold the gun for 20 days to give the city enough time to make sure the weapon wasn't used in a crime.

Store owner Doug MacKinlay said Monday in a Facebook post of his ownexternal-link.png that he "determined that was in my company's best interest to terminate this transaction prior to his returning to my store."

"While I support and respect Mark Kelly's 2nd Amendment rights to purchase, possess, and use firearms in a safe and responsible manner, his recent statements to the media made it clear that his intent in purchasing the Sig Sauer M400 5.56mm rifle from us was for reasons other then for his personal use," MacKinlay said in the statement.

He added that the store will return Kelly's money, donate the rifle to the Arizona Tactical Officers Association to be raffled as a fundraiser and make an additional contribution of $1,295 -- the value of the rifle -- to the Eddie Eagle GunSafe Program.

Kelly's purchase of the guns sparked accusations of hypocrisy from gun-rights supporters, with many on Facebook focusing on his motivations and the rules for purchasing such guns. Kelly, a former astronaut, said he intended to eventually hand in the rifle to Tucson police but planned to keep the handgun.

Kelly and Giffords started a gun control advocacy group, Americans for Responsible Solutions, amid the wave of recent mass shootings. They have been touring the country in recent months in support of expanded background checks for gun purchases.

Kelly bought the guns at a Tucson shop the day before he appeared with his wife at the supermarket where she was wounded during a shooting rampage that left six dead and 12 others injured two years ago. Giffords resigned from Congress last year as she continues to recover from her injuries.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2OeL8aqwg

• Upvote 2

http://www.budspolic...products_id/170

OR M&P-15 in stock, $859 shipped (plus you get a $100 mail in rebate from S&W)

Probably won't last through the day.

That's a bunch of crap...it was $757 on Bud's Police Supply 6-8 weeks ago, and that's when there was more of a 'scare'/higher prices for AR's. Are you going to tell me that prices have gone up compared to 2 months ago??

Grant it, with the rebate it's still a good deal (as it should be for the LE rate), but Bud's has been price gouging worse than most online retailers IMO.

Grant it, with the rebate it's still a good deal (as it should be for the LE rate), but Bud's has been price gouging worse than most online retailers IMO.

They're still signficantly better than Quantico Tactical has been. They jacked up their prices right after the new year and kept them up. Bud still beats them by $100-$200 to even $600 per.

Random observation, I'm amazed at how many people are pissed about the prices being "jacked" when there's a line out the door of every gun store when ARs or ammo arrives. Supply side economics anyone? obviously there's an overwhelming demand and people are paying out the butt for these, why would any small business keep their prices the same and not profit? Doesn't mean I like it anymore than the next guy.

Why would I need an assault rifle?

To protect myself and baby seals against Mark Kelly's dog.

Technically its his daughters dog (she's the one in the Navy hoody) who obviously can't control it on her own dog. Once these dogs latch on there's almost no letting go, I remember my dad talking about how one attacked our family dog one time and a neighbor came out to help my dad, and literally split a 2x4 on the dogs head to no avail. I'm not anti-pitbull or rottweiler since I have several friends that own these dogs and I've never even once had a problem.

Edited by Scaredfuzz21

Good catch...I was going off the link on bud's site :beer:

No worries man...just wanted to make sure everybody knew the rebate is still good to go.

Random observation, I'm amazed at how many people are pissed about the prices being "jacked" when there's a line out the door of every gun store when ARs or ammo arrives. Supply side economics anyone? obviously there's an overwhelming demand and people are paying out the butt for these, why would any small business keep their prices the same and not profit? Doesn't mean I like it anymore than the next guy.

The only reason I use the local gun store if for an FFL transfer. Over the last several years the prices at the majority of gun stores (and gun shows for that matter) rarely get even close to the better deals you can find online--that goes for firearms, ammo, mags, etc. So the people who purchase their firearms at a gun store are either oblivious to purchasing a firearm online (or not comfortable in doing so), believe that they need to 'feel' the firearm prior to purchasing (whatever), or they just don't mind paying hire prices to support their local store, and if so, that's cool...me, all things being equal, I'd rather pay the cheaper price.

There are plenty of available AR's out there online, so I don't know why there would be 'a line out the door of every gun store' to get one? As for the prices, I would argue that the average price of an AR is about 15-25% higher than if you had bought that same rifle last summer. I'm not arguing why the prices are 'jacked' up, I'm just pissed that retailers like Buds have jacked up their prices much higher than other guys have (9 months ago Buds had some of the better prices)--no worries, I just don't give them my business.

As for ammo, it seems that .223 is about double (sometimes a bit higher) what it was costing last summer. 7.62 x 39 is about 30-50% higher, .40 is about 20-30% higher...I'm not a 9mm guy but it's probably about the same as .40, maybe a little bit higher...well, you get the idea. As mentioned earlier, the hardest common round to find these days, even at a marked up price, is .22LR.

>4 months ago, sgammo.com and cabelas.com was your friend.

Thoughts?

I think the short documentary was done very well.

As for the the idea of printing firearm parts...

- I can brew my own beer

- I can make my own hard alcohol

- I can grow my own pot

...get the idea? Banning/regulating certain items only keeps the honest people more honest as people will always find a way to get what they want and thus do what they want to do. This is something liberals, and even many conservatives (ie the drug war) don't understand. You can't legislate morality and behavior as a means to keep people from doing something. If you could, nobody would be doing illegal drugs and nobody would have had any liquor during prohibition...and then you wouldn't have had any of the organized crime associated with trafficking it. Oh, and another classic--liberals say that if you ban abortions that women will find a way to still have them and more than likely many of the procedures used to abort will be far more dangerous (which I agree), so therefore we shouldn't ban them...but yet they want to ban other things?

The counter-argument often made is then that we shouldn't have any laws at all? And I would say that laws against actions that directly affect others are important--ie you can drink yourself silly in your house, but once you get in that car and begin an action that could harm somebody, then it becomes a different story, so there should be laws against it in order to enforce punishment. My guns sitting in the gun safe don't do anything by themselves but the second I take them outside and start shooting around a neighborhood I have begun an action that could harm somebody.

Here's a question to ponder--I wonder if the ATF will eventually start requiring barrels to be stamped with a serial number so as to be considered a regulated item?

• Upvote 2