Jeremiah Weed

Guest RaptorKeeper

Was browsing a liquor store in Abilene the other day and ran across Jeremiah Weed Sweet tea vodka. Just wondering if it's as delicious as the original before I waste my money on a poser. :beer:

I think it's definitely worth a shot (in a manner of speaking). Go for it, and let us know. I was curious about it myself when I got the announcement last week.

Guest IncompletePete
A Houston-based liquor/fine wine/cheese? chain called Spec's sells it and they always have it in stock. You can order it by the case online if you're really that desperate. Good thing it's cheap. www.specsonline.com

If only they did international shipping - I was looking to get a bottle for a friend's birthday but found it to be £28 ($40) a bottle from the UK's only stockist of the stuff! :flipoff:

Does anyone know if you can get it on base at RAF Lakenheath (academic point as I can't buy it on there anyway)?

I stopped in at the local ABC... they had no clue about Jeremiah Weed, but they said they just got in a few varieties of "Sweet Tea Vodka"... evidently it's the new craze. They suggested I try a non-national liquor store (funny since they are the type that's attempting to eliminate those).

Anyway, I did, and I said to the guy "I'm sure you've heard of Jeremiah Weed..." and he interrupted with "yeah, they got a new sweet tea coming out. I had the rep in this morning selling me on it. They don't sell the bourbon anymore, but I guess the sweet tea is going to be everywhere, I'll have some in next week". He said he just got some other stuff in for the first time too, and confirmed that sweet tea is picking up steam.

I find it strange the bourbon is so hard to come by, yet the sweet tea will be everywhere. I guess they must figure that the only ones who will drink it is the military, and they will get it from the nearest base if they really want it. My family used to own a few liquor stores, and they said it used to be frequent, and then it disappeared. So much so that the guy at the local shop said he didn't think they made it anymore. But I guess the sweet tea will be easy to find.

Edited by AEWingsMN

If only they did international shipping - I was looking to get a bottle for a friend's birthday but found it to be £28 ($40) a bottle from the UK's only stockist of the stuff! :flipoff:

Does anyone know if you can get it on base at RAF Lakenheath (academic point as I can't buy it on there anyway)?

Dude, all you have to do is go into any of the fighter squadrons on RAFL, and tell the story of your father to the nearest FGO you can find. Have him get a LT to take you to the shoppette/Taco Bell. There, the LT will buy you a bottle of weed. Its less than $20 at the shoppette.

Dude, all you have to do is go into any of the fighter squadrons on RAFL, and tell the story of your father to the nearest FGO you can find. Have him get a LT to take you to the shoppette/Taco Bell. There, the LT will buy you a bottle of weed. Its less than $20 at the shoppette.

+1

According to the Jeremiah Weed website, you cannot get it anywhere in Florida. I bought the last bottle at a store in Ohio a couple months ago and eventually got it back to Florida with me where it currently rests in the mini-fridge freezer for the day I get a UPT slot :beer: or turn 30 :bash:

• Upvote 1

According to the Jeremiah Weed website, you cannot get it anywhere in Florida. I bought the last bottle at a store in Ohio a couple months ago and eventually got it back to Florida with me where it currently rests in the mini-fridge freezer for the day I get a UPT slot :beer: or turn 30 :bash:

some friends of mine just got some at Patrick the other day. I believe I bought some at tyndall, but I may be wrong.

some friends of mine just got some at Patrick the other day. I believe I bought some at tyndall, but I may be wrong.

I'll keep Patrick in mind if I'm ever out that way. The BX down in Homestead wouldn't even let me in as a civilian, is it like that at Patrick and elsewhere?

• 8 years later...
31 minutes ago, Bobsan said:

Anyone order JW online? Here's the only store I found that seems legit

https://www.shopperswines.com/spirits/Jeremiah-Weed-Bourbon-Liqueur-100-Proof-w66421083v

This is where I get them from,

http://liquorliquidators.com/jeremiah-weed-100-proof-bourbon-whiskey-750.html

Order a few at the time because shipping is expensive if you order a single bottle. Shipping was relatively quick too. Enjoy :drinking:

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
27 minutes ago, UPTapplicant2017 said:

just ordered some JW from https://www.hitimewine.net/jeremiah-weed-liqueur-750-115000

Got it shipped to a friends house in CT since they can't ship to RI or MA.  Hoping to make a good impression at a fighter unit I'm visiting next year.

It's all fun and games until we make you drink it.

• Upvote 3

@YoungnDumb the vault can be added to the list if I can pick up a slot somewhere - the rest I thought were prerequisites to apply haha :beer:

Jokes aside, I just finished my UPT package this month (and my PPL) and am applying to F-15 units this upcoming year - the Barnstormers, the Griffins, and Klamath Falls/Kingsley Field from what I've put together so far! 

[mention=31298]YoungnDumb[/mention]
Jokes aside, I just finished my UPT package this month (and my PPL) and am applying to F-15 units this upcoming year

Oh, well if your after F-15s only the rules are slightly different. Make sure you bring something special for the crew chiefs and tell your current boyfriend not to get too jealous.
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...