Baseops Forums
Guest e3racing

Promotion and PRF Information

Is this the same list as AFRC O5  board?

Nope. That board is currently @ SECDEF. Expecting release 3rd week of Aug, like last year.
  • Upvote 1

Considering taking continuation to 20 vs 24 years.

For those who took continuation to 20 did the AF offer continuation to 24 on the subsequent promotion boards?

Edited by Lifer

1 hour ago, Lifer said:

Considering taking continuation to 20 vs 24 years.

For those who took continuation to 20 did the AF offer continuation to 24 on the subsequent promotion boards?

Why limit yourself?  Assuming you don’t have other ADSCs you can walk at any time. 

• Upvote 1

You know what assume does... haha. I do have an ADSC that takes me to 20.5 YAS and I’d rather not commit to do an extra 6 months as a major 5 years from now if they will most likely offer continuation to 24 years after subsequent non-selections to O5. 

16 minutes ago, ThreeHoler said:

You get offered continuation once. Signing the documents sets a separation date.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

AFPC/DP2SPP just told me otherwise. They said that during 2017, 2018 and 2019 officers in a critical skill that initially took continuation to 20 were offered continuation to 24 after subsequent non-selections to O5. They said it changes year to year so there’s no guarantee that the AF will offer it next year but considering there’s a pilot shortage I may just risk it and only sign to 20. 

On 7/30/2019 at 1:50 PM, pawnman said:

As a result, I'm occupying a spot in a flying squadron manning doc, even though I'm working in the IG office.

That’s a trick the AF uses to show manning better than it is, it’s on purpose.

47 minutes ago, matmacwc said:

That’s a trick the AF uses to show manning better than it is, it’s on purpose.

I had to do the same but it was because the Wing IG position wasn't a flying position number so I had to stay on the squadron books otherwise I wasn't authorized to fly, get gates or flight pay. 

8 minutes ago, Notarobot said:

I had to do the same but it was because the Wing IG position wasn't a flying position number so I had to stay on the squadron books otherwise I wasn't authorized to fly, get gates or flight pay. 

Which would be fine, but then your SURF shows you just at a squadron level job instead of a wing level job.  Or in my case, squadron -> group -> squadron instead of squadron -> group -> wing.

2 hours ago, pawnman said:

Which would be fine, but then your SURF shows you just at a squadron level job instead of a wing level job.  Or in my case, squadron -> group -> squadron instead of squadron -> group -> wing.

I was told in my non select counseling (2018 board non select IPZ) that as long as the duty title itself says the level (Wg/Gp etc)  then what the surf says doesn't matter. Definitely request the feedback. 

We need to have about 10-20 General Officers go back and be Squadron Commanders again so they can understand how ed up everything is. O-6’s don’t even understand how jacked we are...how can you lead when you don’t understand what is wrong. It’s not even worth trying to explain it to them either, no one stays put in a position of power long enough to care.

Yeah, definitely get the feedback (why, I honestly have no idea),

~Bendy

• Upvote 1

My understanding (which could be wrong) is that captains were offered 20 year continuation.  Majors are offered up to 24 years.    The number is the MOST you can serve.   

The member can get out any time before that.  It’s not a commitment.   

56 minutes ago, Bender said:

We need to have about 10-20 General Officers go back and be Squadron Commanders again so they can understand how ed up everything is. O-6’s don’t even understand how jacked we are...how can you lead when you don’t understand what is wrong. It’s not even worth trying to explain it to them either, no one stays put in a position of power long enough to care.

Yeah, definitely get the feedback (why, I honestly have no idea),

~Bendy

My goal is to pass the feedback on to people who can still benefit from it.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, pawnman said:

My goal is to pass the feedback on to people who can still benefit from it.

Good on you bro! You may actually learn something to benefit you for 1 above too. The percentages look terrible but I somehow made it 1 Above by having some stronger words in my bottom line. I didnt realize how poorly I'd written my own PRF and nobody in my chain took the time to change a single word of it. So basically my draft met the board last year. 

On 8/6/2019 at 4:36 PM, pawnman said:

Used this exact case to get A3 to allow the P prefix on the 87 AFSC. It’s horseshit it took us this long to get them to finally quit playing games and seeing things like this happen. Sorry, brother. 

Nope. That board is currently @ SECDEF. Expecting release 3rd week of Aug, like last year.

According to vPC, thru SECDEF on 2 Aug. Expected board release 19 Aug.

On 7/31/2019 at 10:00 PM, pawnman said:

My PRF is right up there.  One CGO strat, tons of instructor/evaluator strats, lots of combat and instructor time, and some major/FGO strats in the last three years... Not promoted.

I wish your friend luck.  Maybe breaking the LAF into multiple categories will help.

You went IDE in-res and still didn't get promoted?

23 minutes ago, Seriously said:

You went IDE in-res and still didn't get promoted?

I didn't go to IDE in-res.  Did it online as soon as I had a line number to major.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 9:36 AM, ImNotARobot said:

According to vPC, thru SECDEF on 2 Aug. Expected board release 19 Aug.

I believe it's with commanders. Public release 19th in PSDM.

17 hours ago, FltDoc said:

I believe it's with commanders. Public release 19th in PSDM.

Confirmed! Commanders should notify you before the weekend.

4 hours ago, ImNotARobot said:

List out on vPC / MyPers.

How does one access such a list on vPC or MyPers. I don’t see it on the PSDM page. 

In this case:

select the reserve officer tab

select promotion on left

find the pdf (3rd down or so)

• Like 1