Baseops Forums
Guest e3racing

Promotion and PRF Information

11 minutes ago, bennynova said:

Pawnman, did you make it!?

Don't know yet.  I think public release will be around June.

12 hours ago, Shazaam said:

What did a Cyber Effects Officer do during all of OEF and OIF? We blew up everything electronic within the first few days during OIF. During OEF, you won't have any effects from the batteries going bad in the Taliban Speak & Spells. 

tenor (3).gif

Everyone likes to make fun of cyber but the effects that they bring to the fight these days are potent.  Most of the discussion is not appropriate for this forum but rest assured cyber will play a huge role in the next major war.  

• Like 1

Everyone likes to make fun of cyber but the effects that they bring to the fight these days are potent.  Most of the discussion is not appropriate for this forum but rest assured cyber will play a huge role in the next major war.  

I agree. When our networks are routinely down and we can’t even do the basic functions of executing the mission let alone the more complex ones, I would agree cyber will play a huge role because nothing works.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dream big said:

I hear this is the exact phrase that 17S and 1B4s say at exercises when planners want to know their effects.

Not that you should talk about it on this forum but I wouldn't be surprised if cyber suffers from overclassification.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, pawnman said:

That's what my community was already doing.  Then when my O-5 PRF was written, I got a P.  WG/CC told me it was because I had a bunch of #1/x Instructor/shop chief/WSO/evaluator, but not a lot of X/XX CGO/FGO.  He even told me a #10/40 CGOs would have been more useful for a DP than my made up #1 strats.

I had the exact same in my PRF..lol! I did have one DG, #1/30 CGOs, #1/15 FGOs, #2/15 FGOs, and #8/30 FGOs in Group. I even had a #1/10 SOFs in there lol. 

Hopefully, you make it. I get the feeling the non-ops side drive what is important on the board. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what the board values does change.

Edited by Shazaam

1 hour ago, BashiChuni said:

Cyber will be king in the next major peer fight. What it brings to the table is incredible 

Until the bad guys patch their systems...

• Like 1

Until the bad guys patch their systems...
Don't worry they'll patch them by running McAfee and Tanium (2 antivirus programs that fight each other so your computer can't get anything done).

13 hours ago, Guardian said:

I agree. When our networks are routinely down and we can’t even do the basic functions of executing the mission let alone the more complex ones, I would agree cyber will play a huge role because nothing works.

That's comm (MSG)...not cyber (OG).  Hence the 2 AFSC's like I was saying for future promotions.

I'll have to update the Cyber Thread with the latest Open Source stuff that's gone on.  The part about soft-power is spot on.

Now I'm busy trying to deal with nerds that think "operators" (ex. pilots) don't have to manage their GTC's correctly, that OSD & COCOM/CC visits are just "ADCON getting in the way of Ops" and other such bullshit.

"No, motherfucker...you can't stay at the Marriott if there's lodging available on base."

• Haha 2

On 5/4/2019 at 10:27 AM, 17D_guy said:

That's comm (MSG)...not cyber (OG).  Hence the 2 AFSC's like I was saying for future promotions.

I'll have to update the Cyber Thread with the latest Open Source stuff that's gone on.  The part about soft-power is spot on.

Now I'm busy trying to deal with nerds that think "operators" (ex. pilots) don't have to manage their GTC's correctly, that OSD & COCOM/CC visits are just "ADCON getting in the way of Ops" and other such bullshit.

"No, motherfucker...you can't stay at the Marriott if there's lodging available on base."

You can... you just get reimbursed up to the rate for on base lodging.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Seriously said:

You can... you just get reimbursed up to the rate for on base lodging.

No doubt.

That's not what they claim (they want full amount) and the Maj/Capt/Civ's are doing it and expect the SrA/SSgt's to float the remainder for 30+ day TDY's as well.

Enough derail, back to not doing ACSC!

MyPers showing results reported to Air Staff and SecAF with an estimated late June release date for the last O-5 board.   Hopefully, at least for those of us that want it, we get some good news next month. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2019 at 10:07 PM, Ash said:

If this is accurate, this could be a good thing! Knowing what the boss truly thinks of would be a game changer. 

With a moment of duplicity, I find it ironic that I want to know exactly where I stand while keeping my intentions as veiled as possible and playing their promotion game.

How soon before this evolves into the meaningless shell game of: your my #1IP, your my #1SNACO, your my #1Pubs Ofcr. 

We got the guidance today at my wing. Senior Rater gets one strat of the member against the other either I/APZ or BPZ members. IF they use that strat then they can additionally strat against a peer group, either same rank or duty. No FGO or CGO strat. Also no mention of anything except promotion in the push lines, IE no school push in the PRF. 

Im sure it will get fleshed out more in the coming days.

Edited by MCO
  • Downvote 1

I forsee me being 1/1 IPZ (I hope i’m That high) for consideration, and thus #1/6 ish overall in the O4 rank (if they are playing the game correctly)..... but to me, that doesn’t say much and isn’t comparable to organizations with multiple IPZ to consider....

Edited by bennynova

I have a bud who was #1 of whatever FGOs while deployed. I was the #1 CGO. That strat propelled him to Lt Col in the eyes of his boss who was a Colonel I believe. Now he is a full bird. He just got hit with a 365 at his HQs job. I'm was like no thanks bro.

Another bud just pinned on Lt Col in November. His deployment window opens in July. I told him to be ready for that 365. His longest deployment was 2 months his entire career.

ACSC + 365 = Iraq👎

Edited by Shazaam
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

For those who are at school or have been at school - just heard that official guidance states all PRFs are required to be re-written.  Memo with details coming out soon.

Edited by Jetpilot

2 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

For those who are at school or have been at school - just heard that official guidance states all PRFs are required to be re-written.  Memo with details coming out soon.

Is that good or bad?

BREAK BREAK

In my little corner of the AF, I didn't think DOs should compete for quarterly awards because they don't in flying squadrons. Until my CC made me submit a package after being on station for 5 months. I was going to defy my CC and not submit one, but she didn't forget. You compete against other DOs period in the Group and Wing. I was like game on after learning that information.

Just put it to you guys this way. Nothing like looking the WG/CC in the face to accept an award after he had to give you a "P" (only eligible in Wing) and you refuse to do ACSC.  My Chief who is a damn beast told me to walk up there and wait for the award before my name was called as the winner. I wasn't going to do that and give the wings a bad name. People already hate on us enough. But damn, you got to love a Chief with balls! 

Edited by Shazaam
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Is that good or bad?
BREAK BREAK
In my little corner of the AF, I didn't think DOs should compete for quarterly awards because they don't in flying squadrons. Until my CC made me submit a package after being on station for 5 months. I was going to defy my CC and not submit one, but she didn't forget. You compete against other DOs period in the Group and Wing. I was like game on after learning that information.
Just put it to you guys this way. Nothing like looking the WG/CC in the face to accept an award after he had to give you a "P" (only eligible in Wing) and you refuse to do ACSC.  My Chief who is a damn beast told me to walk up there and wait for the award before my name was called as the winner. I wasn't going to do that and give the wings a bad name. People already hate on us enough. But damn, you got to love a Chief with balls! 

If he had to give you a P because you were the only eligible, why the heartburn towards the Wg/CC? Lots of people have refused to do ACSC now a days.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Like 2

Agree.  1/1 without a DP to give is not your Wg/CCs fault.   My only hope is aggregated up to the NAF level