Baseops Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slick

Flying Videos Thread Part 2?

What happened at Le Bourget?

On 6/26/2019 at 6:13 AM, FUSEPLUG said:

Stand by for “back to basics” SII. It’s been at least 5 years since management last reminded us to do our fucking jobs. 

https://theaviationist.com/2019/06/28/man-photographed-with-drone-in-western-u-s-military-low-flying-canyon-threatens-area-for-all/

From the article"

A reliable source, also an aviation photographer, who frequents all of the western low flying areas (including the famous Star Wars Canyon or Jedi Transition) told TheAviationist.com today that one Air Force facility has now prohibited their pilots from flying through the canyon area. The source went on to reveal that the reason may have been related to photos published on social media of a specific aircraft in the canyon exceeding accepted performance standards.

AMC FCIF banning Star Wars Canyon?

On 6/25/2019 at 10:37 PM, JBueno said:

. . . if you wonder why the Air Force doesn't have a functional ASAP program, just read the reactions in this thread.  

I’ve been in AETC purgatory now for over a year, but I submitted and read ASAP reports all the time in AMC. It was one of my favorite planning tools when going into an unfamiliar airfield. Is the culture moving away from that now?

1 hour ago, Sledge Hammer said:

NOPE.

And now a view from EOR at Oshkosh 2019.  First up is the 80+ year old tri-motor, then our friend in the Bonanza...

On 8/14/2019 at 5:35 PM, herkbum said:

Wake?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Yea. The pilot had a good write up on Reddit about the whole incident. Plane came away virtually unharmed too. Had to replace something on the left main gear but other than that he did a good job saving it. 

Positive one shared on reddit. Boston controller helping out a min fuel Viper. 2:23:00 if the link bugs out. 

Edited by LiquidSky
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2019 at 11:09 PM, BadgerDave said: