Jump to content
Baseops Forums
Guest SuiSideburns

Guard/Reserve timeline to UPT

Recommended Posts

Everyone here is freaking out about shit you can’t control! Yes shit will be delay, you won’t graduate on time and you will miss that deadline you had to make it to xyz airline. One thing I know for sure now that I am in is that the needs of the Air Force wont change. We still need pilots. We still need manning! I see it every day where I am at. Both fighters and heavies. So relax and work on those packages. Interviews will happen maybe not right away but they will happen. I just finished interviewing a guy via Skype! So relax! Shit will be rolling! Trust me we need you! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hired Nov 1
FC1: approved January 28
OTS June 6
UPT: Oct 25
Graduated UPT 11 months after. 
 
UPT in less than a year? Damn, you're lucky.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, gear3green said:

Everyone here is freaking out about shit you can’t control! Yes shit will be delay, you won’t graduate on time and you will miss that deadline you had to make it to xyz airline. One thing I know for sure now that I am in is that the needs of the Air Force wont change. We still need pilots. We still need manning! I see it every day where I am at. Both fighters and heavies. So relax and work on those packages. Interviews will happen maybe not right away but they will happen. I just finished interviewing a guy via Skype! So relax! Shit will be rolling! Trust me we need you! 

What he said, we're not special and everyone across the globe is dealing with the same shit sandwich in any industry or group you could think of. Take a breath, buy some nice bourbon, and maybe learn Spanish or something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2020 at 7:49 PM, gear3green said:

That also included a waiver  from Wright Pat as well. 

Did NGB give you dates for OTS and UPT at the same time?
Submit my request for school dates this week and waiting to hear back. How long does it usually take? I assume it will be a little longer with the Rona. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 3:41 PM, ryleypav said:

Off the street hire at a Guard Tanker Unit.

 

AFOQT/TBAS: July 2016

Board: November 2019

Hired:  November 2019

MEPS: Passed April 2020 amid the 'rona outbreak. 

FC1: ???

OTS: ??? 

UPT: ???

FTU: ???

Doctors take a long time getting paperwork for surgeries holy moly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2020 at 10:57 AM, mightymighty said:

Making progress!

Guard/Fighter - Non-Prior

Hired: March '19

MEPS/Enlistment: June '19

FC1: October '19 (Failed)

FC1 Re-Test: December '19 (Passed)

FC1 Stamped Approved: December '19

Package sent to NGB: February '20

TFOT: August 25th 2020!

UPT:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Squawk7600 said:

Anyone with upt dates after July better be on the look out. Word is they are going to cancel the last 4 classes for fy 20 . Anyone heard any different ?


Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

What's the source on that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still slated to PCS next week and start UPT on 7 July. 

 

If you have a gap between now and UPT, I’d highly recommend completing SERE. That SERE TLN will give you BIT/authorized delay orders between SERE and UPT which equals pay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2020 at 8:57 PM, OptFire said:

Anyone had their FC1 rescheduled yet? 

I just got back from mine, apparently we were the first group to go through since things shut down at WPAFB due to COVID. We were basically the only ones there, and there were only 9 of us, so things went super fast. I was originally scheduled to go the week of April 6th.

Edited by Ten30Seven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally have my timeline complete!

 

11 Jan 19 - Interview

18 Jan 19 - Hired

29 Jan 19 - Submitted Prescreening for MEPS/FC1

22 Feb 19 - MEPS

3 May 19 - scheduled for FC1

17 Jun 19 - FC1

8 Jul 19 - Sworn in to unit and Appointment Package completed

31 Jul 19 - FC1 completed and signed

5 Nov 19 - Appointment Package submitted to NGB

23 Dec 19 - Approved by NGB -- Training dates requested

28 Jan 20 - OTS dates assigned

31 Mar 20 - OTS

23 Jun 20 - UPT Dates assigned

30 Sept 20 - UPT Start Date

 

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone had their NGB package submitted before they get their FC1 scheduled? My recruiter is saying that the process changed to that recently, can anyone confirm? Also am I correct in assuming I most likely won't be able to make the last OTS class this year (20-08) as I am still waiting for the FC1 to be scheduled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TotableMink said:

Has anyone had their NGB package submitted before they get their FC1 scheduled? My recruiter is saying that the process changed to that recently, can anyone confirm? Also am I correct in assuming I most likely won't be able to make the last OTS class this year (20-08) as I am still waiting for the FC1 to be scheduled?

What does NGB stand for? I was hearing that as well from my recruiter and from other people at Wright Patt when I was there two weeks ago so thats most likely the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, OptFire said:

What does NGB stand for?

It stands for the National Guard Bureau, which is the federal instrument responsible for the administration of the United States National Guard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Has anyone had their NGB package submitted before they get their FC1 scheduled? My recruiter is saying that the process changed to that recently, can anyone confirm? Also am I correct in assuming I most likely won't be able to make the last OTS class this year (20-08) as I am still waiting for the FC1 to be scheduled?


We submitted mine at around the same time I came back from WP. You can submit as early as you want from what I understand but the hold up in the back side will be that it will not be approved until the SG at NGB has reviewed and stamped your FC1. I don’t think you’ll gain time from submitting early but if your recruiter is telling you to do so, follow his lead.


Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off the street hire at a Guard Tanker Unit.

 

AFOQT/TBAS: July 2016

Board: November 2019

Hired:  November 2019

MEPS: Passed April 2020 amid the 'rona outbreak. 

Enlistment: June 2020.

FC1: ???

OTS: ??? 

UPT: ???

FTU: ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Figured I'd drop in my timeline.  Hired off the street at a Guard fighter unit.

AFOQT/TBAS: February 2019

Board: May 2019

Hired: May 2019

MEPS: February 2020 (6 month wait due to Lasik in May 2019)

Swore in: March 2020

FC1: End of June 2020

OTS: August 2020

IFT: November 2020

 

Will update with UPT dates once I get them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flash57 said:

Figured I'd drop in my timeline.  Hired off the street at a Guard fighter unit.

AFOQT/TBAS: February 2019

Board: May 2019

Hired: May 2019

MEPS: February 2020 (6 month wait due to Lasik in May 2019)

Swore in: March 2020

FC1: End of June 2020

OTS: August 2020

IFT: November 2020

 

Will update with UPT dates once I get them.

Nice! Guard fighter unit w/ no private? Must be a stud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Flash57 said:

Figured I'd drop in my timeline.  Hired off the street at a Guard fighter unit.

AFOQT/TBAS: February 2019

Board: May 2019

Hired: May 2019

MEPS: February 2020 (6 month wait due to Lasik in May 2019)

Swore in: March 2020

FC1: End of June 2020

OTS: August 2020

IFT: November 2020

 

Will update with UPT dates once I get them.

Crazy quick from FC1 to OTS! Is that a normal time frame?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yeeyee said:

Crazy quick from FC1 to OTS! Is that a normal time frame?

+1, the whole post-swear in timeline seems lightning fast compared to everything else I've seen on here. @Flash57 are you perhaps an age critical candidate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2020 at 3:37 PM, mb1685 said:

+1, the whole post-swear in timeline seems lightning fast compared to everything else I've seen on here. @Flash57 are you perhaps an age critical candidate?

26 currently so no.  Just made sure to be polite to everyone within my unit and responded to anything and everything they sent me as fast as possible.  Had a ton of luck obviously but cannot emphasize enough how much being polite can help. 

Edited by Flash57
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...