Classic Thread - Pilot poser on Corvette Forum

Guest bunk22

Guest bunk22

First time poster and I know it's a stupid question but had to ask. I'll explain. I'm a Navy pilot and mod over at airwarriors. Lately we've had a rash of posers pretending to be aviators. They've been exposed, much to their chagrin. To think, people pretending to be something they are not on the net :nob: . Anyway, on another forum a guy claims to be an F-16 pilot and AF lawyer, a major select at age 26. He might very well be, I don't really know but he does call it the Fighting Falcon and makes some other strange claims. Anyway, it has become an issue of discussion. So I told him I would ask about it both here and F16.net. Obviously I have way to much time on my hands right now. Looking for responses from Viper drivers please. Thanks.

This guy has to be Doug Masters. A 26 yr old F-16 pilot/AF lawyer that is a Maj sel...yeah, not so much. I'm guessing 16 yr old.

I like you sig bunk, we have a guy here who has the exact same one except his say 'AF pilot' instead of Navy.

Guest John Cocktosten

It's from Battlestar Galactica. The original show was on the same time the F-16 started production. The starfighters on the show were called Colonial Vipers Wikipedia Post

First time poster and I know it's a stupid question but had to ask. I'll explain. I'm a Navy pilot and mod over at airwarriors. Lately we've had a rash of posers pretending to be aviators. They've been exposed, much to their chagrin. To think, people pretending to be something they are not on the net :nob: . Anyway, on another forum a guy claims to be an F-16 pilot and AF lawyer, a major select at age 26. He might very well be, I don't really know but he does call it the Fighting Falcon and makes some other strange claims. Anyway, it has become an issue of discussion. So I told him I would ask about it both here and F16.net. Obviously I have way to much time on my hands right now. Looking for responses from Viper drivers please. Thanks.

Sounds like this guy has been watching too much JAG. Definitely a wannabe, although you probably don't need us to tell you that.

Anyway, on another forum a guy claims to be an F-16 pilot and AF lawyer, a major select at age 26.

This pretty much answers your question right here, since the above is impossible. And yeah, every Viper driver I've known calls themself such. Typically the enlisted MX troops use the "Fighting Falcon" moniker.

Two questions:

1. Where do we find such men?

2. Are we taking WWII-type losses in the theaters that aren't making the news? Only way I know of for someone to make O-4 that fast.

That makes him about 5-6 years BPZ to Major. Future Chief of Staff in the making! :salut:

Typically the enlisted MX troops use the "Fighting Falcon" moniker

I've only heard the Eagle guys use that name widely. But damn it's funny to see the look on their face when a 16 guy says, "you're right, you do have a mission...someone's gotta be red air for the Raptor."

The only people who call it the Fighting Falcon are the media, ten-year-old kids, and other fighter pilots who are making fun of the gay name that the AF gave the jet.

As far as the guy - F-16 pilot and AF lawyer. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened. Major select at 26? Impossible.

As HerkDerka said, call the douche out just like they did with Princess. Post a link to one of his threads and/or his name and we'll roll over and do it for you.

Most of the F-16 Pilots I know are referred to as "Douches", "Raging Arseholes", and "Wannabe Gunship Pilots", but never Fighting Falcon Drivers...

It is possible to be a major select at 26...if the guy in in the Guard or Reserve...not probable, but possible.

Guest bunk22

He claims to have been a laywer, went into the AF, flight training in 04-05 and has 700 "Viper" hours.........sorry, Fighting Falcon hours. He's now a JAG in a joint tour and plans to hopefully roll into a billet flying the F-22. Thats the reason for his rise in rank, he came in as a O-2 or O-3. This is no joke, I ask for some pics (us pilot have ego's and always have pics) but he said his parents have them :rock: Thing is, he often sounds very convincing. The guys caught on airwarriors made mistakes in posting generic photos, really false stories, etc. The last guy caught claimed to be an F-15E driver. He participated in many discussions over a few months but with an ejection story that was just not quite right, it was his downfall. The guy before that had been posting on several forums as a former naval aviator and Korean War pilot. When he was outted, he threatend several people and at least two websites with lawsuits. So I often try to expose wannabe's or posers because of that.

I like you sig bunk, we have a guy here who has the exact same one except his say 'AF pilot' instead of Navy.

That saying has been around for a while....you can pretty much add in any service and there you go.

Edited by bunk22

Guest bunk22
If you get his name and duty station, someone can look him up on the Global and answer your question pretty quick.

My main point is to make sure if not an aviator, don't give out aviation advice. The idiots caught red handed were giving out info and advice like champs yet had never stepped foot in a military aircraft. He did say I could come visit him, a cross country and see him in his flight suit. That is just weird, come see me in my flight suit.........what does that prove or mean?? I remember years ago in college there was this guy who wanted to be military pilot. He was actually in my NROTC unit at UCLA for a year. He dropped out for whatever reason. What was funny is that he had bought some flight suits and wore them around campus.......with tennis shoes. He was a weird, weird guy.

flight training in 04-05 and has 700 "Viper" hours.........sorry, Fighting Falcon hours. He's now a JAG in a joint tour and plans to hopefully roll into a billet flying the F-22

Law school takes 3 years. UPT/RTU takes at minimum 2 yrs (and VERY unlikely to take only that long from commissioning to RTU grad). So there's two major things that CANNOT be done concurrently. So, say he graduated college at 21 (we'll put him on the young side). There's 26 yrs old right there having JUST finished law school and gone straight to UPT/RTU. Not to mention throw in AT LEAST another 3 yrs of solid flying to get the 750 hrs (of which zero time could be given to the lawyer side). There you have it...it is ABSOLUTELY NOT mathematically possible to be 26 yrs old, have a law degree, been to UPT/RTU and have accrued 750 hrs. Also, at 26, you'd have been a Capt for 3 yrs (assuming he commissioned as a 2Lt exactly on his 21st birthday). It is also IMPOSSIBLE to be a Maj select as a Capt w/ 3 yrs time in grade. Then the very last thing...viper guys are not going to the 22 anymore, it's only C-model dudes or the few recent drops/FAIPs. Down the road that'll change, but for now that's how it is.

Bam, just cut and paste this shit onto the forum and watch him backpedal w/ the dumbest excuses and lies someone could ever hope to come up with. It should be some good entertainment. Maybe give us the link so we can read his replies. I can't wait.

Guest Scribe
Law school takes 3 years. UPT/RTU takes at minimum 2 yrs (and VERY unlikely to take only that long from commissioning to RTU grad). So there's two major things that CANNOT be done concurrently. So, say he graduated college at 21 (we'll put him on the young side). There's 26 yrs old right there having JUST finished law school and gone straight to UPT/RTU. Not to mention throw in AT LEAST another 3 yrs of solid flying to get the 750 hrs (of which zero time could be given to the lawyer side). There you have it...it is ABSOLUTELY NOT mathematically possible to be 26 yrs old, have a law degree, been to UPT/RTU and have accrued 750 hrs. Also, at 26, you'd have been a Capt for 3 yrs (assuming he commissioned as a 2Lt exactly on his 21st birthday). It is also IMPOSSIBLE to be a Maj select as a Capt w/ 3 yrs time in grade. Then the very last thing...viper guys are not going to the 22 anymore, it's only C-model dudes or the few recent drops/FAIPs. Down the road that'll change, but for now that's how it is.

Bam, just cut and paste this shit onto the forum and watch him backpedal w/ the dumbest excuses and lies someone could ever hope to come up with. It should be some good entertainment. Maybe give us the link so we can read his replies. I can't wait.

USAF JAGs report to first assignment as 1/LT and after six months pin on 0-3 according to their website (similar to other services AFAIK and certain medical specialities as an incentive to help redress pay disparity with civilian counterparts). So he could have been a Captain by age 24 depending on when his birthday falls (early or late and if he graduated at age 20 or 21). Doing back of envelope math (best case for him): Out of College at age 20 with 3 years of hitting books at law School = 23 (or maybe 24). I suspect he'd have to do some initial JAG work before flight school (best case = 1 year). So that puts him at 24 (or maybe even 25) when he puts on flight school and agree that it's at least 2 years to get to a squadron so now he's already 25 (or 26) before he can even deploy. If he's completed that assignment and now working as a JAG, that would be a pretty short tour to have accured 750 hours in a Viper even counting hours from RTU. So the warning flags to me are how can all this happen by age 26 and being a major select after only 2 years in grade of which most was in training status. That defies belief. If there is a Flying JAG program, first I've heard of it and you'd think the USAF JAG website would make mention of it as it would be a powerful recruiting incentive. Otherwise, it wouldn't be career enhancing as a JAG or a rated pilot to try and do both careers concurrently. I think you might be on to something Mr Bunk. Where is this forum where the real life flying JAG making such claims?

I remember years ago in college there was this guy who wanted to be military pilot. He was actually in my NROTC unit at UCLA for a year. He dropped out for whatever reason. What was funny is that he had bought some flight suits and wore them around campus.......with tennis shoes. He was a weird, weird guy.

That is just sad. It makes sense though that he was going to school in CA. A lot of crazies out here...especially in socal.

Guest bunk22

This guy is posting on a Corvetteforum. We've got few military aviators over there. The last two guys on airwarriors were skeeterman and flathatter13. For some interesting reading, search for both and you'll see two very big losers. This Blackstar guy could very well be a lawyer, not sure about a pilot and he does provide answers. So did the two above. However it usually took time. Ask me where and what squadrons I did flight training with, I'll reply right back with months, etc. These guys would reply after a few days. They were on the site but it took time to research and post the answer. Here are some quotes of his:

OK, you have forced me to take a poll of 16 fliers--by rank. The (we) younger guys are more PC, I agree with you, because the Air Force has been that way since we were in--at least my almost 6 years. But I do not know any AFA graduate who flies 16s that calls it a Viper. At Shaw, it was maybe 40-60 Viper to Falcon. At Luke, 90-10 Falcon to Viper among the IPs particularly. In Iraq, at lot more called it Vipe, I will admit--and I did too...but that is a cooler name, like I said. However, it is an Air Force plane and Falcon is as Air Force as you can get. I'm sticking with it.:cool: :flag:

Seriously, I went to SUPT (flight school) at Laughlin AFB, Del Rio, TX in 2004-2005. From that, as I was able to chose fighters, I took further flight training in the T-38, a supersonic trainer, at the same base. Then, I went to Luke AFB, AZ for F-16 specific training. Then, I went to Shaw AFB, SC to be in a Falcon squadron (sometimes called Vipers, but there is a long story there...) and late last year went to Iraq on a deployment--coming back this past end of March. Now I'm a lawyer, how's that for a come down! Of course, I was one before I was a pilot--another long story...:willy: If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you more specifics as to what I did--and even why.

He said he was with the 20th FW, 77th FS; came home in March from counter ops.

Edited by Toro

Total bull. The earlier posts rebuking this guys story are right on, but this guys comments that he was at XL in '04 and '05 and then did advanced training in the '38 at XL after UPT. Well, kinda hard to do since the IFF program just started up down at XL. It wasn't in XL in '04/'05 timeframe.

A subtle way to call him out - you might also ask him which trainer he flew (T-6 or T-37) and which class he was in at XL. They alternated the planes with each class till the full T-6 transition took place with 05-11. So you can tell if he's lying if he gives you a class for the wrong plane.

Edited by Hotel

His posts here: The Falcon

I like how after Bunk 22 states, "Well, lets ask. I'll post over on F16.net and baseops.net, there are plenty of F-16 pilots on those sites and see what they say. You must know some of the same people and we'll see what they say. How about that?" The guy doesn't answer his question and seems to change the subject and starts talking about firefighters.

Guest Scribe
This Blackstar guy could very well be a lawyer, not sure about a pilot and he does provide answers. He said he was with the 20th FW, 77th FS; came home in March from counter ops.....

Blackstar? Odd choice for F-16 pilot if you read the AvWeek reporting on Blackstar. Sounds like a wannabe username, but consider his quote from Bunk: "Seriously, I went to SUPT (flight school) at Laughlin AFB, Del Rio, TX in 2004-2005" I checked out his profile on Corvette.com and find it odd that he braggs about being a Major (sel). There was a serious imposter who bilked woman out of money and had somehow gotten himself an ID card and promoted himself over the years he kept up his charade. I find it odd that an authentic Viper pilot would be touting his rank. Don't see that from others here or even on the military pilots commenting on the thread on Corvette forum. Considering his claim above and on his profile, that pegs him at 23 entering UPT, which would make him 19 when he finished college allowing for 3 years in law school and a year as a lawyer before getting picked up for UPT. It doesn't make sense nor does his reluctance to clear up the matter. Odd that a lawyer (if he is one) would make such claims. I wonder if his superiors would be pleased with his fantasy life on the Internet

fantasy life on the Internet

It's absolutely nothing more than that and everyone on the vette forums and airwarriors should stop fueling the troll...unless of course it's to call him out and get him to post some stupid shit for everyone's enjoyment.

Guest bunk22
It's absolutely nothing more than that and everyone on the vette forums and airwarriors should stop fueling the troll...unless of course it's to call him out and get him to post some stupid shit for everyone's enjoyment.

It's for the embarassment factor. After the skeeterman lawsuit threats, I guess I enjoy bringing down the posers. Most of the time these folks don't hurt anyone, just living a fake life via the net. I think it can go to far at times as this webiste demonstrates:

http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies.htm

Edited by bunk22