Jump to content

Promotion and PRF Information


Guest e3racing

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, pilotguy said:

Does anyone know the different MAF DT vectors for Maj (s) and their corresponding percentages?

A1K and the functionals posted slides on the MAF Mentoring Facebook within the  last week that has the breakdown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bender said:

 


I don’t understand a lot, but DT Vectors is one I have never understood. What’s the point?

~Bendy

 

It is another way to get an “across the board” unofficial stratification early in your career (first vector as Major-select).  Ensures we keep our bottom of the barrel-scrapping officers from being considered for joint jobs (can only go one up & one down).  Also serves to start delineating who truly has the potential to become an HPO.  Learn the system, folks!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, General Chang said:

It is another way to get an “across the board” unofficial stratification early in your career (first vector as Major-select).  Ensures we keep our bottom of the barrel-scrapping officers from being considered for joint jobs (can only go one up & one down).  Also serves to start delineating who truly has the potential to become an HPO.  Learn the system, folks!

ChaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAANG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ensures we keep our bottom of the barrel-scrapping officers from being considered for joint jobs (can only go one up & one down).  Also serves to start delineating who truly has the potential to become an HPO.  Learn the system, folks!


We’ve missed you Chang. And as one of those “barrel-scrapers” vectored for MAJCOM staff, it would have been nice to have someone in a position of leadership explain the rules. The vast majority of us don’t ever get the secret decoder ring brief.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, General Chang said:

It is another way to get an “across the board” unofficial stratification early in your career (first vector as Major-select).  Ensures we keep our bottom of the barrel-scrapping officers from being considered for joint jobs (can only go one up & one down).  Also serves to start delineating who truly has the potential to become an HPO.  Learn the system, folks!

He’s back! YES!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, celtic020 said:

Also got picked up.  Definitely relieved....the 20 and out plan remains unchanged.  

Congrats!  Same story for me, although after telling me I was picked up my CC said “I know you had a grand plan but making rank tends to change things.”  Not for me...still putting my family first and still getting out at 20.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Runr6730 said:

Congrats!  Same story for me, although after telling me I was picked up my CC said “I know you had a grand plan but making rank tends to change things.”  Not for me...still putting my family first and still getting out at 20.

This gave me a good laugh....I went into O-5 thinking responsibility would increase. I’ve not had less responsibilities since I was a captain. Being off the command track as an O-5 is magical. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heard I didn’t make it.   1/1 IPZ, #2/6 Majors (behind a Lt Col (s)).  I think that’s what did me In?  With a P    IDE complete in 2017

i had 5 oprs as a major and stratted as a major in 4 of them

#1/4 Majors deployed and #6/25 Majors

#22/150 Majors

#7/160 Majors

no strat

#3/7 Majors

 

lots of FGOY and FGOQ awards

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, bennynova said:

Heard I didn’t make it.   1/1 IPZ, #2/6 Majors (behind a Lt Col (s)).  I think that’s what did me In?  With a P    IDE complete in 2017

i had 5 oprs as a major and stratted as a major in 4 of them

#1/4 Majors deployed and #6/25 Majors

#22/150 Majors

#7/160 Majors

no strat

#3/7 Majors

 

lots of FGOY and FGOQ awards

I don't know how you got passed over with those strats.

Edited by pawnman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Anyone know if it’s possible to Palace Chase a bonus commitment? I took the bonus expecting to either make it or be passed over IPZ and 1APZ and be a free agent, but with the new system I guess I have four more IPZ “No’s” awaiting me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, I took the bonus to 20 then got passed over. I then tried palace chasing before I was twice passed over as I wasn’t sure if I would be offered continuation and was denied palace chase due to low manning in my career field. I could be wrong but you may still be able to deny continuation and get out. I’d definitely verify that with AFPC if you end up getting passed over twice but if you do nothing the continuation paperwork should spell out everything.  That was 2 years ago so YMMV depending on your MDS manning, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FWIW, I took the bonus to 20 then got passed over. I then tried palace chasing before I was twice passed over as I wasn’t sure if I would be offered continuation and was denied palace chase due to low manning in my career field. I could be wrong but you may still be able to deny continuation and get out. I’d definitely verify that with AFPC if you end up getting passed over twice but if you do nothing the continuation paperwork should spell out everything.  That was 2 years ago so YMMV depending on your MDS manning, etc. 

Yeah, the issue is with the new promotion system. This was my first of five IPZ looks. I won’t be APZ until I’m at 18+ years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CaptainMorgan said:


Yeah, the issue is with the new promotion system. This was my first of five IPZ looks. I won’t be APZ until I’m at 18+ years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 year buckets aren't yet instituted, ask AFPC/A1...as far as I know continuation and twice passed over are still "things"...my data is from this week

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Swizzle said:

5 year buckets aren't yet instituted, ask AFPC/A1...as far as I know continuation and twice passed over are still "things"...my data is from this week

That’s my understanding as well. They are looking into it and if they want to do it they will institute it in 2022/2023 from the email I received. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...