Foreflight Military Flight Bag: Advanced Course

In my current role, I’ve gotten very good at foreflight. It’s an amazing tool and I sent a guy in my squadron to that exact course. Learned a ton and definitely worth it. 

Not sure what your squadron’s mission is and I doubt there’s as much utility in a fighter squadron flying stereos to the same MOAs every day compared to a tac airlift unit but there are still a ton of awesome features.

If nothing else, max perform the documents tab and the “procedures” button in the edit tab!

ForeFlight was an unknown commodity to me as a military pilot. I use it extensively as both a corporate pilot and as a CFI. I only wish that I had this capability back in the day.  Several of my C-130 colleagues who use the Military Flight Bag version have described how they it enhances mission planning and execution, which is yet another game changer from what I now have access to.  YMMV, but I think that a mobility pilot would bring a lot of knowledge back to the unit after attending this course. Spend the money, pursue the TDY!

If we can send CAF dudes to AIS for two weeks of academics on RNP stuff their jets can't even fly, no one should bat an eye over a 3 day course on useful foreflight features. The Air Force as a whole criminally under-utilizes foreflight. Send it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The FF team is SO responsive to change, it's delightful.  I asked for the Hazard Advisor corridors to be selected by typical MSA/ESA/MRAA widths, as well as by custom-number.  It was done in like ~2 months and it is magnificent.  There were a few other requests fulfilled too. 

In my experience ask and they will deliver.

https://support.foreflight.com/hc/en-us/articles/6478756539159-ForeFlight-Military-Flight-Bag-Guide

9 hours ago, Danger41 said:

In my current role, I’ve gotten very good at foreflight. It’s an amazing tool and I sent a guy in my squadron to that exact course. Learned a ton and definitely worth it. 

Not sure what your squadron’s mission is and I doubt there’s as much utility in a fighter squadron flying stereos to the same MOAs every day compared to a tac airlift unit but there are still a ton of awesome features.

If nothing else, max perform the documents tab and the “procedures” button in the edit tab!

We are guard tanker bubbas. Thanks for all the info

• Upvote 1