Field Fairies

Biff_T

10 hours ago, nsplayr said:

mostly just want the US to dominate the world as part of a global manifest destiny thing and we’ve yet to do it in men’s soccer.

It’s high time that we get to it! Back-to-back World War champs yet no men’s World Cups, gotta remedy that soon.

Lol.  I know.

I think we might have a good shot for a world cup run in 2026. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, O Face said:

What a great movie Superbad was

It's a classic.  I watched it at the movies the day before I went to OTS, my last day as SSgt Biff.  Lol.  

I've also watched it at least 100 times since lol.   I have a lot of free time when im not sitting around drawing dicks all day.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Biff_T said:

It's a classic.  I watched it at the movies the day before I went to OTS, my last day as SSgt Biff.  Lol.  

I've also watched it at least 100 times since lol.   I have a lot of free time when im not sitting around drawing dicks all day.  

“You know how many foods are shaped like dicks? The best kinds!”

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

Lionel Messi scored a nice fisrt goal for Miami. 

Any of you field fairy fans watching any WC soccer? Vietnam played pretty well against the heavily favored U.S. squad. The Vietnamese goal keeper was pretty aggressive and did a good job of controlling her defense against a strong US offensive group.

At the risk of sounding elitist, the women’s game is definitely getting better each year. Volleyball and soccer are my two favorite team sports to watch so I always enjoy watching top notch national teams compete.

Edited by bfargin

7 hours ago, bfargin said:

Any of you field fairy fans watching any WC soccer? Vietnam played pretty well against the heavily favored U.S. squad. The Vietnamese goal keeper was pretty aggressive and did a good job of controlling her defense against a strong US offensive group.

At the risk of sounding elitist, the women’s game is definitely getting better each year. Volleyball and soccer are my two favorite team sports to watch so I always enjoy watching top notch national teams compete.

Watched it with the wife (her sister made the Olympic team many years ago but destroyed her knee in an accident before the actual games so her family loves the game).  In the first half the Vietnamese were very aggressive when it came to pushing, shoving and tripping.  I feel asleep when they showed that dude Rapinoe warming up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bfargin said:

Vietnam played pretty well against the heavily favored U.S. squad.

I didn't see the game but I read that Vietnam didn't get a single worthy shot on goal. True?

True, the Vietnamese squad was playing to not lose by 13 goals. As ClearedHot said above, they were very aggressive and physical (one could say dirty at times) to disrupt any smooth open play and keep us from getting in a grove. 

• Upvote 1

https://www.newsweek.com/us-women-soccer-team-silence-national-anthem-debate-1814688?amp=1

Maybe when Rapinoe leaves, things will change since the cancer will be mainly gone. 

Is it foolish/outdated of me to think that USWST coaching and management should demand some better behavior, in general?

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Like 1

I agree. As a many people have observed players on our national team should show appropriate respect or they shouldn’t play on our team. There are plenty of great players who don’t hate our country. The bad apple theme applies here. Some old fashioned discipline would immediately change the character and actions of the remaining players. The coach should lead and set expectations for behavior, or be replaced.

Soccer is for men not women!!! Lol. I can't even type that with a straight face (sts).  

I hope the USWNT does well.  Rapinoe is a strange cat lol.    I can't wait for her name to be forgoten with time.  

• 2 weeks later...

I praised the increase in level of play too soon. This last game team USA looked like they were just called out of the stands to try their hand at soccer. They lacked even basic skills. Couldn’t control the ball receiving passes, seemed to not understand the basics of leading a player when passing, field vision was lacking, appeared to just want to kick and pray the ball went somewhere advantageous, a total disaster.

I can def. see how a HS boys team beat them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bfargin said:

I praised the increase in level of play too soon. This last game team USA looked like they were just called out of the stands to try their hand at soccer. They lacked even basic skills. Couldn’t control the ball receiving passes, seemed to not understand the basics of leading a player when passing, field vision was lacking, appeared to just want to kick and pray the ball went somewhere advantageous, a total disaster.

I can def. see how a HS boys team beat them.

Welcome to women's soccer lol. 

• 7 months later...

The USMNT beat Mexico 2-0 for the CONCACAF Nations League Championship.  

We're gonna be good for the world cup in 2026!

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

LA Galaxy are looking good this season. 

Liverpool choked.