MV-22 "hard landing" near Creech

mach2m3

Glad they are all safe, :jd:.

Japan already wants some answers:

http://www.kuna.net....360&language=en

The Japanese government has asked Washington to quickly provide information about a recent hard landing by a US Marines' Osprey transport aircraft in Nevada, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said Wednesday. "We asked for prompt information on the incident, including the cause of the emergency landing,"

If only there had been 3 CBT's and Earth was encircled by a giant reflective belt to improve visibility of the ground and thus prevent collisions with it. ....Yea lets not go down the road of "if only -------------then this wouldn't have happened".

I'll just be interested to hear the safety report when it eventually comes out. Does anyone know if AF SE types can pull reports from the other services?

If only there had been 3 CBT's and Earth was encircled by a giant reflective belt to improve visibility of the ground and thus prevent collisions with it. ....Yea lets not go down the road of "if only -------------then this wouldn't have happened".

Someone's sarcasm meter is obviously broke. Don't go getting all butt hurt. Everyone walked away and in the end that is all that ultimately matters.

Ospreys fly with two FE's (aka Crew Chiefs in the USMC).

The CV-22 flies with two flight engineers. The MV-22 flies with two crew chiefs. Totally different career fields. Totally different skill sets. Totally different in capabilities and expectations.

However, it's unlikely that FE vs. CC had anything to do with this "hard landing."

The CV-22 flies with two flight engineers. The MV-22 flies with two crew chiefs. Totally different career fields. Totally different skill sets. Totally different in capabilities and expectations.

Don't confuse Air Force crew chiefs with Marine Corps crew chiefs. As you say, totally different career fields and skill sets.

Ladies and gents,

This is exactly the conversation I was hoping to avoid. I am still interested to know if safety types have access across the services. I think it would be far more profitable to find out what happened outside Creech, especially what went right that allowed all 4 crew to walk away, rather than a back and forth on the merits of various backend crew.

This is exactly the conversation I was hoping to avoid. I am still interested to know if safety types have access across the services.

Other than calling somebody up from another service, I don't believe so.

• 4 weeks later...