FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Hey Bama-

I'd recommend waiting another week or two just to see if SAF approves the UPT ADSC waiver. My understanding is that's the plan. Still no guarantee that your application will get approved, but it might be a step in the right direction.

Think of the sweet grille plumage you'll be sporting by then, and all of the stress will just melt away... That's right. T-shirts. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Catbox-

That's what they told me originally, but I pushed back (not like, prison style pushed back, mind you). I resubmitted on 15 Jan, and they processed it. By 21 Jan I was in the "FM-Hold Batch Processing" status and that's where I've been since.

An unrelated thought: Has anyone else noticed that any time Circus Vargas is performing in a mall parking lot, nobody answers the phone at AFPC?

• Upvote 1

So, now that I'm back from Camp Cupcake and my VSP was denied, I decided to submit Palace Chase paperwork. After getting spun up on the new PDSM (apparently re-written to specifically include pilots so the AF can avoid VSP payouts), I called the in-service recruiter I'd been working with before Farce Shaping 2014 kicked off. She told me the UPT ADSC waiver authority issues affecting VSP also apply to FY14 Palace Chase, and I'm ineligible for the FY program too.

Because our organization is inept, I'm thankfully still eligible to apply under the regular PC program which has a slightly different routing through the wickets so I've got my fingers crossed it gets approved.

FWIW, I've never tried so hard to get fired in my life.

wow......

hopefully this is sorted out by the time i return from my deployment in a few weeks as to what PC program to apply for.

Catbox-

That's what they told me originally, but I pushed back (not like, prison style pushed back, mind you). I resubmitted on 15 Jan, and they processed it. By 21 Jan I was in the "FM-Hold Batch Processing" status and that's where I've been since.

An unrelated thought: Has anyone else noticed that any time Circus Vargas is performing in a mall parking lot, nobody answers the phone at AFPC?

Yeah id gotten the unofficial word that AFPC ducked this up back in jan, it's nice to see it in black and white. I know there's a few others in serious limbo with assignments vs TERA so figured they should check.

What's becoming clear is that how "correctly" your package (sts) was handled at AFPC greatly depends on which Gs-7 technician your application was assigned to.

Edited by Catbox

What's becoming clear is that how "correctly" your package (sts) was handled at AFPC greatly depends on which Gs-7 technician your application was assigned to.

I hear they're going this direction with flying eventually too. "Who needs pilots when we have so many GS-7s?"

I know several folks who were given a verbal "good to go" on an assignment this summer (I'm one of them), but hear they weren't going to load them until this month. Just curious if there is anyone out there who has had an assignment for the summer cycle loaded yet or if that is going to be delayed by this whole VSP/TERA delay mess?

During Gen Welsh's visit to Altus the question of VSP was brought up. His response was that he did not know their was an issue until last night. His Aide-de-camp said that is the most frustrated he has ever seen Welsh. An immediate phone call to A1 followed. Hopefully changes to come.

• Upvote 1

During Gen Welsh's visit to Altus the question of VSP was brought up. His response was that he did not know their was an issue until last night. His Aide-de-camp said that is the most frustrated he has ever seen Welsh. An immediate phone call to A1 followed. Hopefully changes to come.

He was pretty upset about it when I saw him in the SNCO call he had.

Can we drop pro tip to his aide de camp that he should troll BO.net regularly? I've learned way more about the VSP/TERA/RIF train wreck here than from AFPC, myPers and my base combined.

Could be said for quite a few topics.

If he seriously had no idea of the current FY14 Force Management shenanigans going on and someone beneath him has been withholding information from him, he should fire those people immediately.

Edited by Lumbergh
  • Upvote 1

Do you really expect AFPC to do something on a certain date just because their website said they would?

Two of my summer cycle guys printed their PCS orders today. No specific action by anyone--system is working per SOP.

If he seriously had no idea of the current FY14 Force Management shenanigans going on and someone beneath him has been withholding information from him, he should fire those people immediately.

Interesting... haven't seen Liquid chime in on this thread in quite some time; although he has commented on a few other threads. Welsh and most of the other GOs at the Puzzle Palace are most definitely either reading or being told about John Q. Public blogs which have covered this very topic from a few different angles in the past few weeks... but yesterday was the first he heard of "VSP issues"? I still think CSAF is one of the good guys... he needs to fire a few folks to get his message across and make things happen. Otherwise he just looks like a lot of talk. Welsh is an actual Leader... your everyday crew dawg hacking the mish is ready to follow (and actually dying to follow a true leader)... make it happen, Boss!!!

Farce Shaping 2014

To the first, Farce Shaping is my new favorite thing.

To the second, yes. so much yes.

UFB! Does he routinely stick his head in the sand! How can he not know that A1(or whomever's been delegated authority in this debacle) is clearly well-below average on the intelligence scale and obviously couldn't put together a color-coded 4-piece puzzle if his life depended on it! Unfortunately firing people at this point won't un-f#ck the trainwreck that farce shaping 14 has become. I think it's beyond help

• Upvote 1

Probably because he has a JSF program that is way behind time and way over budget, a tanker program that is hanging on by its teeth, a new strike bomber that he needs to find money for, senators that are fighting the A-10 retirement, sexual assaults every other weekend, and the CSAR hello replacement. And I'm sure I missed 69 other issues.

I'm not normally one to defend upper management, but everything I've heard and seen of this cat has been legit.

And I second that someone needs to drop BODN on him. He'll be in Nellis soon, any takers?

So, now that I'm back from Camp Cupcake and my VSP was denied, I decided to submit Palace Chase paperwork. After getting spun up on the new PDSM (apparently re-written to specifically include pilots so the AF can avoid VSP payouts), I called the in-service recruiter I'd been working with before Farce Shaping 2014 kicked off. She told me the UPT ADSC waiver authority issues affecting VSP also apply to FY14 Palace Chase, and I'm ineligible for the FY program too.

Because our organization is inept, I'm thankfully still eligible to apply under the regular PC program which has a slightly different routing through the wickets so I've got my fingers crossed it gets approved.

this is completely and utterly false. The entire point behind the Palace Chase program is to transfer your remaining commitment to the reserves. So unlike the LADSC waiver or VSP where you are ridding yourself of an ADSC entirely, you are merely transferring it to a different entity. I think they are mixing and matching the programs and dont have a clue. I would try to talk to a different bases ISR or their chief to ensure they are giving people the correct information. i hate it when people are misinformed, I especially hate it when they are misinformed by people who are supposed to be the subject matter experts. AHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am shocked (but shouldn't be) when I hear stars talk about an issue, or have an issue brought to their attention, and they are way off the mark. We see this with Lt Gen Fiel in AFSOC. I honestly see it more now than I ever did in AMC. Usually has to do with morale or our vision as a force. You always notice the cronies or ring of Yes Men in the front row. I've also been surprised at how candid Aide de Camps have been with me. If anyone gets the ear of one, preach! They can make a difference.

FWIW, I am heading in (on leave) to reapply using the new PSDM 14-08 paperwork. I could be wrong, but I read my email as this new Statement of Understanding as being needed BY Monday. Not sure if COB or not, so I am submitting today.

Whoa. Was I supposed to specifically write "VSP" in my comments? Where did it say that? I'm speechless and inclined to give up trying to get out this year.

"

Requested Separation provision: SECAF Approved Early Separation Program

"

"Your request has been disapproved based on not being specific which Force Management program you are requesting as required by guidance for each Force Management program "application" section. Please review the MyPERS website for available programs and requirements for applications. If you have further questions you may contact the Total Force Service Center via DSN 665-0102."

Grade: Title: ***, ********, T. SSgt Separations Processing technician

My justification:

Justification: I’m requesting a waiver to the remaining 4 months of my PCS ADSC and remaining 20 months on my UPT and Advanced Flight Training ADSCs because I’ve realized in the past year I do not desire a long term career as a military officer or as a pilot. The required time away from home is a burden I do not wish to continue to bear nor share with my future family.

I greatly appreciate my time in the AF, but I’m ready for another direction. I’m studying for the GMAT and I will apply to business schools during this application process to begin attendance in the fall of 2015.

Many senior leaders have said there is a glut of 11M officers in the Air Force, so I’m a willing volunteer to leave the service and relieve the excess. I’ve saved a significant sum to support me while I pursue higher education and a new job and I’m ready for a career outside military service where my experience will be considered unique.