FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Question for any 11Ms that have or know someone who have Palace Chased recently, what commitments are guys getting curtailed? 12 months, 16? wondering what will be the most likely to get approved balanced with what is the most is reasonable to put on the app?

Saw this on a different forum regarding TERA:

"Someone in my chain called AFPC on my behalf. It appears that the AF wasn't exactly ready to execute and Air Staff has instructed them to hold the applications. Once Air Staff gives them the order they will process all the allocations at once. If your status is on hold for batch processing your application has been reviewed and is just waiting for the execution order from staff."

This is a ING JOKE.. or a travesty,

Question for any 11Ms that have or know someone who have Palace Chased recently, what commitments are guys getting curtailed? 12 months, 16? wondering what will be the most likely to get approved balanced with what is the most is reasonable to put on the app?

I got 6 months off my UPT and almost a year off GI bill for my palace chase. I hit submit in November and was approved right before Christmas. Separating in March. Good luck to all.

• Upvote 1

Guy posted a few weeks ago in the PC thread that he had 4 yrs 5 mo. of UPT ADSC waived when his PC was just approved.

Not exactly sure what this means. I've been hoping that no news is good news, and I would like to think the above means if you're still in "Hold Batch Processing" status you have a shot. I'm also wondering if they still plan to meet even the 1 April deadline. If they don't, they oughtta move the required separation date to the right.

Is "Hold Batch Processing" an actual status or are you talking about "Referred to AFPC BPO"? Mine finally got moved out of sq/cc and is at AFPC BPO so hopefully it is in the batch hold you are talking about.

Is "Hold Batch Processing" an actual status or are you talking about "Referred to AFPC BPO"? Mine finally got moved out of sq/cc and is at AFPC BPO so hopefully it is in the batch hold you are talking about.

I think the VSP stuff is as you described. I was referring to TERA. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Mountain

Well, AFPC just announced a 'Strategic Delay' in processing the first batch of VSP & TERA (Officer & Enlisted) as they haven't decided yet exactly who and how many to let out.

No guidance was given as to when they'll start processing apps other than to say you can still apply for both programs.

Go Team!

What a f°°°ing joke. Absolute joke. I'm stalling on an interview for what's essentially a guaranteed job while I wait to firm up my retirement date. I've got over 90 days of terminal leave I'll need to take. These idiots shouldn't have opened this shit up all the way back in December before they had a clue.

Just got an email from the FSS saying TERA and VSP applications are now on a "strategic delay" until the AF can further review requirements for projected force reductions.

The TERA mandatory retirement date is 1 Aug... how can they delay this anymore without pushing that date back? Not only are they screwing over the guys who get approved, they are also screwing over the bosses who get notified the guy who is in their one deep position will start Terminal leave tomorrow and won't be replaced until the Fall at the earliest. As much as everyone bashes the AF on here we do have some pretty good dudes/dudettes who are Squadron Commanders out there and right now (by no fault of their own) they are losing credibility every day with these last minute changes. How can they look their folks in the eye and say "trust me" when this crap keeps happening... I do not envy their position in the slightest.

they have...seems they rejected a batch with UPT ADSCs a few weeks ago, while some with UPT ADSCs are still at AFPC

Exactly, this seems to be a huge issue. Ok, let's say the AFPC/Air Staff finally pulls its head out and VSP applications actually start processing. The PSDM said applications would be processed in "monthly batches" and not a "first in, first out" basis, but also said that all applicants are "encouraged" to apply early, thus the crashing of separation website. If I were currently in the rejected pool, I'd be even more pissed if I wasn't eventually approved because I had to apply over again. Unfortunately, this is why I think they're going to make everybody reapply, wasting more of your (and your CC's) time. Ultimately, there will be something else flawed or incorrect with the new guidance as well because no one at AFPC can put together a coherent document.

Side note: If the US ever needs to launch a cyber attack at an enemy, tell its AF pilots that the VSP window is about to open and direct all of the web traffic in that direction. If we hadn't already done it, this would have been the blueprint to shut down those Iranian nuclear reactors.

• Upvote 1

As much as everyone bashes the AF on here we do have some pretty good dudes/dudettes who are Squadron Commanders out there and right now (by no fault of their own) they are losing credibility every day with these last minute changes. How can they look their folks in the eye and say "trust me" when this crap keeps happening... I do not envy their position in the slightest.

At least those CCs are getting and giving information. Literally everything I know about this s#*! show has come from this forum. I routinely call a contact at MPF to validate it. My CC has absolutely no clue what is going on and doesn't seem to care if I offer to give him updates.

Devil's advocate...

The way I (as confirmed by my WG/CC) understand it, the current guidance will not allow for most ADSC waivers. With a presumably large number of the VSP apps requiring some sort of waiver, perhaps this is a stall tactic until SecAF approval to waive these commitments is granted. Otherwise they risk starting the whole application process from scratch for the majority of VSP'ers.

Wishful thinking? Probably.

Fuseplug, ok cool. Unfortunately that doesnt appy to a large chunk of TERA apps. What's worse, the mandatory retirement is 5 months out and getting shorter. Factor in terminal etc, we're talking no time to be prepped for the member or the organization they are leaving. Rusty had it right, they need to shit or get off the pot most ricky-tick.

Ring...ring...

"Deborah, it's Mark"

"Hi!"

"Hey, I need a SECAF waiver to approve a bunch of my officers TERA/VSP apps..."

"Whatever you need, Mark"

"Thank you ma'am...official paperwork to follow, ok?"

"Sounds good, I'll let my staff know to expect it"

Done.

• Upvote 6

...Not only are they screwing over the guys who get approved, they are also screwing over the bosses who get notified the guy who is in their one deep position will start Terminal leave tomorrow and won't be replaced until the Fall at the earliest....

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but terminal leave is a luxury. The reg says they don't have to approve it for "mission requirements". So if the dude's in a 1 deep shop, he's probably screwed. It's already been threatened in my wing to not let folks take it (to me). This is a total shiz show.

Keep in mind the VSP mandatory separation date is 29 Sep with any terminal leave to be completed by that date. I know the window is open until 1 May, but the majority if us who submitted right out of the gate probably did so for 2 reasons - to have a better shot at approval and to have more time to get our shit together. Is it too much to ask for our leadership to just do a few things correctly when people's lives are at stake? You know, the same thing we do every day and would be crucified if we failed even once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuseplug, ok cool. Unfortunately that doesnt appy to a large chunk of TERA apps. What's worse, the mandatory retirement is 5 months out and getting shorter. Factor in terminal etc, we're talking no time to be prepped for the member or the organization they are leaving. Rusty had it right, they need to shit or get off the pot most ricky-tick.

Just throwing it out there. I know TERA is a whole different ball of wax and time is running short. While I know it's fruitless, I'm just trying to apply some logic to this sequence of events.

Edited by FUSEPLUG