FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

referred to AFPC Voluntary Separation Pay.

This is what CMS shows for me now too. When I go through vMPF, self-service actions, separations and "view my application" though it still says "Referred to BPO".

Edited by Dubs

Rumor mill is that -10 MX are running out of the computer [bCU?] that control the boom, which is all fly-by-wire.

A standing issue we have in the AF is that some of the MDS-specific parts aren't being made anymore. It gets really bad when the component was made by a small business who now no longer exists.

Just something I thought of the other day when I read the article about how miraculously the personnel cuts aren't going to be as bad as first thought - What's to stop someone from applying for the VSP/TERA multiple times until the window is closed? I'm afraid there will be plenty to VSP, or that this whole process was just a shakedown to scare Congress into easing the budget pressure and those who tried to bail will be left with every shitty deal over the remainder of our ADSC. I knew that was possible before I hit submit on my VSP application, but if it gets returned here shortly I think my next action will be to immediately resubmit. Maybe someone at AFPC will hit the wrong button the second time...

Just something I thought of the other day when I read the article about how miraculously the personnel cuts aren't going to be as bad as first thought - What's to stop someone from applying for the VSP/TERA multiple times until the window is closed? I'm afraid there will be plenty to VSP, or that this whole process was just a shakedown to scare Congress into easing the budget pressure and those who tried to bail will be left with every shitty deal over the remainder of our ADSC. I knew that was possible before I hit submit on my VSP application, but if it gets returned here shortly I think my next action will be to immediately resubmit. Maybe someone at AFPC will hit the wrong button the second time...

That article you're referencing was on AF Times, and I haven't seen that info on reducing from 25,000 anywhere else. I'm wondering if they got what SecAF said correct, their interpretations on Gen Welsh's masters degree comments from last weeks AFA conference are totally out of phase with what he said.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20140227/CAREERS03/302270013/Welsh-Master-s-degree-required-soon-colonels

That article you're referencing was on AF Times, and I haven't seen that info on reducing from 25,000 anywhere else. I'm wondering if they got what SecAF said correct, their interpretations on Gen Welsh's masters degree comments from last weeks AFA conference are totally out of phase with what he said.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20140227/CAREERS03/302270013/Welsh-Master-s-degree-required-soon-colonels

Curious how AF.mil's take on the SecAF's comments make no mention of a reduction from the 25,000 number. AF Times strikes again.

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/473436/secaf-discusses-air-force-future-budget-during-defense-summit.aspx

Edited by FBomb

Cue circus music...

AF finalizing details for two officer force management programs
Friday, February 28, 2014 9:12
google-plus-20.gif
linked-in-logo-20.gif

(Before It's News)

by Debbie Gildea
Air Force Personnel Center Public Affairs

2/28/2014 - JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-RANDOLPH, Texas (AFNS) – Details for implementation of two fiscal 2014 officer force management programs announced in December are being finalized to allow Air Force officials to release eligibility criteria, Air Force Personnel Center officials said today.

Details regarding the reduction in force board, coupled with voluntary separation pay, and the force shaping board are expected to be released within the next two weeks, said Col. Joe Atkins, the AFPC operations division chief.

“We understand that because the programs were addressed in a Dec. 11 news story, many potentially eligible officers are waiting for the details so that they can make some critical career decisions,” Atkins said. “Air Staff and AFPC experts are working aggressively to refine the eligibility criteria and provide accurate information as quickly as possible. This still allows an eligible officer a three-month window to apply for voluntary separation programs.”

The application window for other force management programs already announced, such as officer and enlisted Temporary Early Retirement Authority and enlisted voluntary separation pay, remain the same.

To see all available FY14 force management programs, go to myPers at https://mypers.af.mil and enter FY14 Force Management Program in the search window.

"Air Staff and AFPC experts are working aggressively to refine the eligibility criteria and provide accurate information as quickly as possible"

...so we can have the time to return more applications from officers that were under the impression, from our lack of clear guidance, they were eligible. And I'm pretty sure I'm not making general

They'll get it right when they re-re-release it next month. Third time's the charm.

Fourth time. I have the utmost confidence they'll get it right on the fourth iteration.

I wish I had the luxury of four attempts to ensure mission success in my job.

Mine still says referred to BPO. On a side note on Wed 26 Feb I recieved an email that said I put the wrong SOU and to upload the correct one before 28 Feb. I also heard that on 3 March the first batch will process......I still have an ADSC for UPT....3 years 1 month and 23 days.....whos counting right.....my fingers are crossed but I have no faith or hope in the USAF or the "leaders" we have.

Saw this on a different forum regarding TERA:

"Someone in my chain called AFPC on my behalf. It appears that the AF wasn't exactly ready to execute and Air Staff has instructed them to hold the applications. Once Air Staff gives them the order they will process all the allocations at once. If your status is on hold for batch processing your application has been reviewed and is just waiting for the execution order from staff."

Not exactly sure what this means. I've been hoping that no news is good news, and I would like to think the above means if you're still in "Hold Batch Processing" status you have a shot. I'm also wondering if they still plan to meet even the 1 April deadline. If they don't, they oughtta move the required separation date to the right.