FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

It says at the top of the Officer Matrix

"‐ 11X and 12X eligibility is determined by an officer's Rated Distribution and Training Management (RDTM) Code"

What is a Rated Distribution and Training Management Code?

It might be the PDSM yet to come out that determines what % of the eligible they want to RIF. Just because there is a certain amount of overage, they might only RIF a certain %. Historically, they won't take more than 30% of the eligible. I'm purely speculating though.

It might be the PDSM yet to come out that determines what % of the eligible they want to RIF. Just because there is a certain amount of overage, they might only RIF a certain %. Historically, they won't take more than 30% of the eligible. I'm purely speculating though.

Your speculation is a steaming pile of shit.

AFI 11-412 Table 6.2.

So are we going to see a list of eligible RDTM codes or do we just have to apply and hope that we are eligible? It's like a game they way they release info, then withhold it, then release it while at the same time describing add'l requirements that they are withholding.

I'm curious. I'm an AETC IP right now, so wonder if that is being taken into consideration at all (no indications of, but can't kick too many AETC IPs out or it will have second or third order affects.) Still no word on FAIPs or Captain-type UPTers.

Who knows, maybe they've thought about it all... or not.

Edited by xaarman

It says at the top of the Officer Matrix

"‐ 11. X and 12X eligibility is determined by an officer's Rated Distribution and Training Management (RDTM) Code"

What is a Rated Distribution and Training Management Code?

It is found on your ADP page. Mine did say C-130 B/E TAC AIRLIFT, but has recently changed to PROPS-MC-12.

I thought your RDTM is just a 2 letter designation that AFPC uses to track which tribe you belong to per your MWS. If memory serves KC-135 folks are FA, KC-10 are FC, or some such thing.

Another interesting aspect in all of this is the year groups for the major E-SERB don't make any sense. This is an early retirement program and they're identifying vulnerable year groups as 2002,2003, etc, WTF?

Anyone up for posting the FSB eligibility matrix?

The 14N career field is going to get hit hard.

I am not sure why, but I am not able to attach PDFs. Can only moderators attach files? You have to download the image to see the table.

Edited by one1

The E-SERB vulnerable year groups are primarily in the 2002-2004 range. I thought the idea of a "SERB" is retirement, so one would think the year groups would be 1992-1994ish. Are they using date of rank? A monumental typo perhaps? What madness is this?

Edited by DUNBAR

RDTM is the 2 letter code found on your surf where your flying gates are listed based on your aircraft. This code then applies to your core AFSC in that all MAF pilots, for instance, are 11Ms but have different RDTMs based on what airframe they fly.

This gets tricky for rpa pilots that have not recategorized to rpas permanently. Eventhough their duty afsc and core AFSC may signify 11U for rpa pilot on a surf, their RDTM codes still shows their previous aircraft.

AFPC initially released a list that showed all rpa pilots as 11Us regardless of background (I.e MAF or CAF) but then they recently re-issed the list based off of RDTM which reassigns rpa pilots' core AFSC based on previous airframe unless they have chosen to voluntarily recat to 11U.

Confusing I know

RDTM is the 2 letter code found on your surf where your flying gates are listed based on your aircraft. This code then applies to your core AFSC in that all MAF pilots, for instance, are 11Ms but have different RDTMs based on what airframe they fly.

This gets tricky for rpa pilots that have not recategorized to rpas permanently. Eventhough their duty afsc and core AFSC may signify 11U for rpa pilot on a surf, their RDTM codes still shows their previous aircraft.

AFPC initially released a list that showed all rpa pilots as 11Us regardless of background (I.e MAF or CAF) but then they recently re-issed the list based off of RDTM which reassigns rpa pilots' core AFSC based on previous airframe unless they have chosen to voluntarily recat to 11U.

Confusing I know

If I were an -11U, I would not automatically assume that I can apply for various separation programs based upon a mobility aircraft RDTM, despite the guidance. That mistake will likely be rectified; keep your eyes peeled for potential future updates.

Thanks to everyone for your candor over the last 2 weeks.

• Downvote 1

If I were an -11U, I would not automatically assume that I can apply for various separation programs based upon a mobility aircraft RDTM, despite the guidance. That mistake will likely be rectified; keep your eyes peeled for potential future updates.

Brownie you're doing a heckuva job.

• Upvote 7

So, third time is the charm, eh?

Amended PSDMs out now

https://gum-crm.csd.disa.mil/app/answers/detail/a_id/25484

"Officers eligible for RIF board consideration will have an opportunity to apply for the VSP program from 6 Feb to 1 May 14 at a rate of 1.25 times standard full separation pay or, if eligible, apply for TERA. The application window for TERA will be from 14 Jan to 26 Mar 14."

Edited by PanchBarnes

Anyone know if there will be public info released on which RDTMs within each rated AFSC are being targeted? Or is that still "secret sauce" that AFPC doesn't want Captain Everyman knowing?

Somehow I've got a feeling that although ~17% of my year group & AFSC are "overage" that the necesary cuts will not come from my particular tribe...

The MSC matrix isn't out but someone told me that the overage for 0-4s is higher than the 100+ 0-4s that are eligible. The numbers are not that much better for the 0-3s. That should really help the wait times at the clinic.

Edited by one1

Anyone know if there will be public info released on which RDTMs within each rated AFSC are being targeted? Or is that still "secret sauce" that AFPC doesn't want Captain Everyman knowing?

Somehow I've got a feeling that although ~17% of my year group & AFSC are "overage" that the necesary cuts will not come from my particular tribe...

In for list of RDTMs....

So the PSDM says no Definitely Retains and that SRs will use the "In his AFSC he's X/X and year group he's X/X officers..." statement... But it doesn't say where that statement goes. Last time we used that it went in Section VII I think but the instructions say that section's not used. So does that statement become your bottom line of the RRF?

That's going to get ugly too. I remember in Force Shaping on the LTs in the early 00s there were several guys all from a heavily tasked, heavily deployed unit all stratted against each other. We had a guy PCS from there to my less-tasked unit but after the accounting date so they wrote his RRF. He was the #5/5 guys but had 3 AFCMs, deployments to Iraq & Afghanistan plus a sh-t ton of other stuff that would have ranked him WAY higher in any other unit. If he'd PCS'd to our unit a couple months earler and been stratted in our wing he'd have been GTG.

So that's a long way of saying I hope the board doesn't use only the SR strat this time...

zb

Edited by zach braff