FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

I've seen a few guys on different forums say they have already been officially disapproved for TERA... anyone know anyone who has been approved yet? I also see some people saying they "called AFPC and they said XYZ"... exactly who are you calling at AFPC? The instructions specifically say not to call asking for updates/progress prior to 1 Apr... Our boss has said he wouldn't cal because he didn't want to piss off whoever was in the office with annoyance calls.

I also see some people saying they "called AFPC and they said XYZ"... exactly who are you calling at AFPC? The instructions specifically say not to call asking for updates/progress prior to 1 Apr... Our boss has said he wouldn't cal because he didn't want to piss off whoever was in the office with annoyance calls.

Mypers hotline.

Edited by Tnkr

anyone think we will get an answer on 13-130 vs 14-08?

Probably at the last minute.

FWIW, the first page of the Voluntary Separation process on vMPF lists the types of separation programs. Force shaping programs are explicitly listed in the "SECAF approved" paragraph. It's also listed this way in the Officer Separation Tutorial that you're supposed to read before you apply. From on the intro page, the Miscellaneous program would be used for...

"You may apply for separation under this provision when no other provision applies. ....This includes consideration of the:

• Reason for separation and the supporting documents, if any.
  • Length of service since completion of the last training or PCS.
  • Pending assignment, if any.
  • Current and projected manning in the AFSC.
  • Other factors that may have a bearing on the case."

....in other words, not Force Shaping. Common sense would say that 14-08 is incorrect, but that's obviously not a factor in this clown show. The intro page of the VSP application page specifically says you'll be denied if you apply for the wrong program, so maybe they'll figure it out before the window opens.

It says "AFSC, grade or year group is not eligible or has been removed from eligibility"

I'm '98 12R. I thought the caveat about "all selectively continues officer are eligible..." Was my ace in the hole.

Oh well...can't blame me for manning problems big blue, I tried.

• Upvote 1

TERA denied...son of a bitch.

I have yet to hear of anyone approved... plenty have already been denied. I know of at least a half dozen guys who have posted here or on other forums that applied under one of the exemptions (19-20 yrs, continued, etc) which says you are eligible regardless of AFSC or year group. They followed the TERA directions and were confirmed by AFPC that they were indeed eligible... and then after filling out the retirement application and showing their cards to their bosses (and some delaying assignments) were disapproved with the reason given that they were denied due to AFSC and/or year group. I wonder if they have started the pre-flight for the rotator to OEF with all the newly denied TERA applicants who just "volunteered" for their 180 or 365?

It says "AFSC, grade or year group is not eligible or has been removed from eligibility"

I'm '98 12R. I thought the caveat about "all selectively continues officer are eligible..." Was my ace in the hole.

Oh well...can't blame me for manning problems big blue, I tried.

I wonder if all they did was look at the matrix and see red for your category and denied it. If so, that sucks.

Hey Catbox-

Sorry to hear you were denied. I applied almost 3 weeks ago now. Still waiting to hear, but my expectations are getting lower every day.

I wanted to pile on what 56&2 said… When I first did the eligibility check I got the same message. I'm also a selectively continued guy, and eligible due to that. I'm a '98 11R. I called myPers and asked why I was "ineligible" and they realized they had f'ed up. It was straightened out the next day, and I was able to apply.

So, to be clear:

-Did you just do the eligibility check, or go through the full application? If it's only the first, it might be a mistake (small chance, buy hey…).

-If you did the full app and got CC approval, were there any ADSCs? Might still be another opportunity to re-attack.

This whole process is a shit show. Best of luck either way.

Mtn

I wonder if all they did was look at the matrix and see red for your category and denied it. If so, that sucks.

But wasn't that the point of them doing the initial screening with the 10 day window where they checked to see if you were actually eligible or not? How is this any different than the last VSP where they told people they were eligible and then only after they submitted their applications told about 90% of them that they weren't eligible anymore? I really hope these are just a few initial cases where these folks are in jobs that are truly critical (which would be understandable) because this has the potential of making the last VSP/RIF debacle look like child's play. Right now we really need to be able to trust our "leadership"... this could go South very quickly; I really hope that doesn't happen.

Catbox... I'd call or see if your boss will call the myPers hotline and see if you can get an exact reason why it was denied. Like Mountain said, they may have just missed that you were eligible due to being a continued guy and might reconsider. I heard there was some crazy number like 7000 people who had applied for this (not sure how accurate that is, was second hand info), but I'm guessing those folks are going blind looking at all the applications and honest mistakes are surely happening. A 12R may be something they just can't do without right now, but it is worth asking the question.

Edited by Rusty Pipes

Hey Catbox-

Sorry to hear you were denied. I applied almost 3 weeks ago now. Still waiting to hear, but my expectations are getting lower every day.

I wanted to pile on what 56&2 said… When I first did the eligibility check I got the same message. I'm also a selectively continued guy, and eligible due to that. I'm a '98 11R. I called myPers and asked why I was "ineligible" and they realized they had f'ed up. It was straightened out the next day, and I was able to apply.

So, to be clear:

-Did you just do the eligibility check, or go through the full application? If it's only the first, it might be a mistake (small chance, buy hey…).

-If you did the full app and got CC approval, were there any ADSCs? Might still be another opportunity to re-attack.

This whole process is a shit show. Best of luck either way.

Mtn

Yeah brother had the full up application in...just talked to a 98 buddy of mine and he got the same message. Good to know that in the middle of this AFPC has time to email that you're eligible, re-do a quick turn eligibility check and then do it all again!

I have two ADSCs for PCS and GI bill transfer, but both are reasonably short

Damn that blows. They SAID they'd waive ADSCs like that. Really sorry to hear it. Sorry, but not surprised. I fully expect the same news.

F#ck 'em. Keep taking the 6-figure paycheck and planning your exit. All will be well, I'm sure. If it helps, you're in good company.

I'd like to know who the approving authority is....for all we know, it's some SrA or GS-3 sorting out paperwork....

I like the solution of having your CC call up there to see *why* you were denied when everything initially showed you were eligible. Doesn't make sense. looks like all your boxes were properly checked.

Scratching both my heads...?

Just looked up my case number on myPers... disapproved for TERA. They didn't even bother to e-mail me or contact me... I had to look it up myself. "Your AFSC, grade, or Year Group/Years of Service is not eligible or has been removed from the eligibility list for TERA. This retirement case is closed." Looks like this is the VSP/RIF from a few years ago all over again. Hey Big Blue... thank you so very much for telling me a few days before Christmas that I am eligible for TERA, reconfirming that online once I asked and then having me show my cards to my boss only to fuck me over in the end!!! Hahaha... you sure got me with that one!!!

Hey Chang... tell me again all about the glut of 11M Field Graders out there that the AF flat out just doesn't need anymore! Apparently the E-2 and his 2 year old kid that is obviously running this shit show down at AFPC never got that memo!

I'd like to know who the approving authority is....for all we know, it's some SrA or GS-3 sorting out paperwork....

I like the solution of having your CC call up there to see *why* you were denied when everything initially showed you were eligible. Doesn't make sense. looks like all your boxes were properly checked.

Scratching both my heads...?

I'm on the phone with them now and if it is a Gs-3, they're overpaid

Just looked up my case number on myPers... disapproved for TERA. They didn't even bother to e-mail me or contact me... I had to look it up myself. "Your AFSC, grade, or Year Group/Years of Service is not eligible or has been removed from the eligibility list for TERA. This retirement case is closed." Looks like this is the VSP/RIF from a few years ago all over again. Hey Big Blue... thank you so very much for telling me a few days before Christmas that I am eligible for TERA, reconfirming that online once I asked and then having me show my cards to my boss only to ###### me over in the end!!! Hahaha... you sure got me with that one!!!

Hey Chang... tell me again all about the glut of 11M Field Graders out there that the AF flat out just doesn't need anymore! Apparently the E-2 and his 2 year old kid that is obviously running this shit show down at AFPC never got that memo!

WTFO? What commissioning year and airframe? Did you have any ADSCs?

For anyone who is getting denied, I'd follow up with AFPC if possible. AFPC's lists for who is eligible for what are totally jacked right now. Last Tuesday my force support section informed me AFPC ID'd me for the ESERB with only 11 years on AD.