Diversity AFI

Patriot359

Thought this forum was at least somewhat appropriate to share this article. Now it's from Breitbart, so factor that in when reading it...that being said, it is interesting and does say something to how the Pentagon is approaching the continual debate of religion in the military. I do find it worth noting that the Pentagon hired a guy as a consultant to help develop new policies on religious tolerance, when that same guy shares such extreme negative views on many of the Christians in this country and also many of those who are already serving.

Diversity doesn't seem to extend to those with certain religions beliefs...

I don't agree with a lot of what Weinstein does or says, but there are definitely a lot of inappropriate religious aspects in the military. If you want a chaplain/rabbi/hobo to bless your retirement, have at it; however, I don't need to hear about it at an official function.

• Upvote 1

I don't agree with a lot of what Weinstein does or says, but there are definitely a lot of inappropriate religious aspects in the military. If you want a chaplain/rabbi/hobo to bless your retirement, have at it; however, I don't need to hear about it at an official function.

I don't disagree with you on this one...and I always thought it was a little odd that there were relgious invocations at Change of Commands (just one example).

I am curious to see what new 'religious policy' the Pentagon will be enforcing.

I don't disagree with you on this one...and I always thought it was a little odd that there were relgious invocations at Change of Commands (just one example).

I am curious to see what new 'religious policy' the Pentagon will be enforcing.

Meh. This falls under the civic religion exception, plus the Chaplain needs OPR bullets too. Invocations are as much ritual as religion, and as long as it's reasonably nondenominational it shouldn't be a big deal. The level of religiosity present in invocations, blessing and such is enough to satisfy most of the religious folks, without being too much to be intolerable to most of the atheists and agnostics. Unfortunately, loudmouthed douchebags like Weinstein can't leave well enough alone.

That said, I couldn't resist sharing this:

91bfuqnkwq.jpg

Who the ###### cares about all this???? I mean do any of you really really care about any of this noise??? So what if a shoe made an AFI. So what if another shoe made a website. I ain't gonna waste my time on it. So to the thead starter (I don't care to scroll to find your name), go troll elsewhere. I don't care about diversity. I care about getting the job done with the most capable people and that is how I go about my job. Out

Who the Hell is trolling dude? I do really care about this "noise", because as you said it yourself "I care about getting the job done WITH THE MOST CAPABLE people" You and I are agreeing, we want the most capable people on the job, but when the AF is focussing on race, ethnicity and sex, they are not focusing on the most capable people. You really should be caring about the AF's Diversity, because you will more than likely not be getting the "most capable people" for the mission. On the flip side, why is the AF focusing so much on this "noise" when they should be more focused on more important issues, I don't know like having money to fly sorties. Shit, our squadron can't even buy needed supplies, etc and the AF is focused on Diversity and Diversity studies? Something is seriously wrong with that picture. You and I are saying the same thing, we need the most capable people on the job, I think you are not seeing that Diversity, in the AF's defintion, could prevent this from happening.

Who the Hell is trolling dude? I do really care about this "noise", because as you said it yourself "I care about getting the job done WITH THE MOST CAPABLE people" You and I are agreeing, we want the most capable people on the job, but when the AF is focussing on race, ethnicity and sex, they are not focusing on the most capable people. You really should be caring about the AF's Diversity, because you will more than likely not be getting the "most capable people" for the mission. On the flip side, why is the AF focusing so much on this "noise" when they should be more focused on more important issues, I don't know like having money to fly sorties. Shit, our squadron can't even buy needed supplies, etc and the AF is focused on Diversity and Diversity studies? Something is seriously wrong with that picture. You and I are saying the same thing, we need the most capable people on the job, I think you are not seeing that Diversity, in the AF's defintion, could prevent this from happening.

Sorry pal, I don't work recruiting stations and I'm not likely to sit on O-4/5/6 promotion boards, so I don't have a say in selecting who gets into the AF or pick for promotion (directly). I do however get to pick people to do things and take charge of things and so on, and I don't consult a diversity decision tree to do so. Therefore, I don't care. And I hold no illusion that a post on BO.net will make the change you seek. Therefore, again, I don't care.

Now if you're so emotional over this topic, write a letter. Or submit a suggestion to the AF Saves website as a way to save money.

Out

I don't think anyone in the AF lower levels consults a Diversity Decision tree either, but that is really not the point. The AF is already using Diversity based on charateristics, which have nothing to do with Ops mission success and that is really the issue. I sent in an 847 requesting the "Race, Ethnicity and Sex" be deleted from the AFI. This is a bit more official then the letter idea, although a good one. Understand you might not care, but I do and wanted to see what others thought of the AFI.

Understand you might not care, but I do and wanted to see what others thought of the AFI.

And you have your answer. No one gives a squirt of piss about this reg. Not because we're all secret racists, but because we all see it for what it is: a giant CYA OPR bullet for writing down something that shouldn't have to be codified in a reg.

Sorry pal, I don't work recruiting stations and I'm not likely to sit on O-4/5/6 promotion boards, so I don't have a say in selecting who gets into the AF or pick for promotion (directly). I do however get to pick people to do things and take charge of things and so on, and I don't consult a diversity decision tree to do so. Therefore, I don't care. And I hold no illusion that a post on BO.net will make the change you seek. Therefore, again, I don't care.

Now if you're so emotional over this topic, write a letter. Or submit a suggestion to the AF Saves website as a way to save money.

Out

And with that response - there was much rejoicing - is this over yet?