Inside Combat Rescue

slackline

Tonight, 10pm EDT on National Geographic channel is a 6 part documentary on CSAR, specifically PJ's, but you get a look at the whole operation. I figured to plug it, I'd start a new topic. Mods can delete it whenever they want as long they're nice and wait a few days so people can get the info.

From the premier it looks like it is going to be a great series. I highly encourage everyone to watch.

Gen Welsh sent out an email asking everyone to watch it.

To the Airmen of the United States Air Force:

I'm excited to tell you about a documentary that features some of your fellow Airmen doing what we do best. "Inside Combat Rescue" premieres on the National Geographic Channel Monday, 18 Feb at 10 p.m. Eastern. The six-part documentary, which airs every Monday beginning 18 Feb, is a DoD and AF supported television series about AF combat rescue efforts in Afghanistan.

In 2012, after covering various rescue training events in the U.S., a five-person National Geographic television crew embedded for five weeks with AF pararescuemen from Moody AFB and Pave Hawk crews from Nellis AFB at Kandahar Airbase, Afghanistan.

This project reaches beyond the AF and even U.S. forces. During the deployment, the PJs and Pedros (Pave Hawk crews) rescued Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, coalition members, and Afghan civilians. To help tell this powerful story, the documentary crews mounted 40 cameras inside and outside of HH-60G Pave Hawk helicopters to capture video footage of some 130 missions and 108 lives saved.

Below is a link to the series trailer:

http://channel.natio...rescue-trailer/

I encourage you to watch this impressive display of service, sacrifice and Airmanship. It's a story about Airmen that will make you proud. Just like all of you make me proud.

Thanks for all you do!

r/mark

Edited by ThreeHoler

Anyone with Dish have it on schedule as, "No Information Available."?

"Triggers" is on the 27th as well, they cover the 30 and 20mm cannons on fighters, check it out on the military channel at 10 EST. They came to my unit to do interviews and fly to the range, pretty good GoPro footage.

Awesome show, really enjoyed it. All of those dudes(PJs, Gunners, Engineers, Pilots) are a special breed for sure. Question for those that may be in the know. After the stand down where the two Afghan kids were playing with a 203 rd, one of the guys, don't know the position, was carrying silver oven mits. I know they're aircraft firefighting gloves, just curious why they're carrying them.

Edited by b52gator

Awesome show, really enjoyed it. All of those dudes(PJs, Gunners, Engineers, Pilots) are a special breed for sure. Question for those that may be in the know. After the stand down where the two Afghan kids were playing with a 203 rd, one of the guys, don't know the position, was carrying silver oven mits. I know they're aircraft firefighting gloves, just curious why they're carrying them.

PJs have limited firefighting gear. It's not enough to save a building... but to suppress a fire in a burning MRAP long enough to pull a dude out is possible.

Did anyone notice the photo of a scantily clad young lady on the wall in one scene during last night's episode? I was dismayed & insulted. How can we trust these guys to execute this critical mission with blatantly offensive material on display where such fragile eyes can see it?

Aside from that, it's a great show. *sarcasm off*

Edited by soultrain
  • Upvote 1

Great show! Demonstrates how ######ed up ROE is....not at all like the old Cobra "Free Fire Zone" days. I'm glad that I flew fixed wing in this OEF/OIF rodeo!

Yep, I'm sure you can imagine some of the BS we have had to put up with. Had a good friend get falsely accused of blue on blue based on them knowing our ROE's as well as us.