Rumor - ORIs Ending?

moosepileit

As I understand it, you are still going to have to sit under your desk in MOPP 4 for hours at a time - the difference is you'll be doing it home station vs Gulfport or Alpena.

Whoa, whoa, whoa....some of the best times in my career were spent at the River Club!

Seriously? Our ORI is in June and, as far as I know, we're still full up with fly-away ORE and ORI. How the hell did you guys score that deal?

Our base compiled a list of our contributions to various missions since our last ORI, forwarded it to the AMC/IG and a few months later they came back with a pretty flattering letter saying, "you guys have busted your ass...ORI is now 4 hours, etc etc".

This whole process was brought up during a recent AMC/CC visit where he asked, "Didn't you get ORI credit for your ONE/OIF/OEF/OND/OUP work?". So we asked for credit and got it.

Our base compiled a list of our contributions to various missions since our last ORI, forwarded it to the AMC/IG and a few months later they came back with a pretty flattering letter saying, "you guys have busted your ass...ORI is now 4 hours, etc etc".

This whole process was brought up during a recent AMC/CC visit where he asked, "Didn't you get ORI credit for your ONE/OIF/OEF/OND/OUP work?". So we asked for credit and got it.

That's awesome, congrats.

Any real emphasis on giving credit for real-world tasking when/where applicable to the mission set being evaluated...?

Yep. Just happened for us; officially notified at the January UTA.

...we just received almost 100% credit for it based on our real world contributions since our last ORI...

What was a fly-away ORE <snip> and a fly-away ORI <snip> has been turned into a 4 hour ATSO Rodeo at home station, with 2 aircrews per AFRC SQ participating.

Winning!

Hell yeah.

edit: additional clarity

Edited by JarheadBoom

As I understand it, you are still going to have to sit under your desk in MOPP 4 for hours at a time - the difference is you'll be doing it home station vs Gulfport or Alpena.

This will also clear the way for CRTC's to be completely chopped. They've long been rumored to be getting Axed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Such as...

Serious question. I've only ever been to them for an ORE/ORI.

Lots of units use them for their 2 week summer camps (not just flying squadrons), Navy and Marines use them as well. Some units det out of them to help support SEALs/JTACs/etc... at the local range. Generally CRTCs have lots of airspace/ranges nearby which = more training per sortie. They also use them to quick turn or pit for more training as well. Lots of LEO (cops/swat/airport SRT) use them for various training exercises.

• 3 months later...