Low flying F-15

Slander

I'm from Iowa, and we may not have the market cornered on ignorant people, but I guarantee none of those morons would know the difference between that jet being at 500' or 5000'. If they had any appreciation of the important things in life, they would just be happy that any military aircraft they happen to look up and see is going to have US insignia painted on it. Only thing I ever see truly low level around here is Chinooks and Blackhawks, once in awhile probably a Peoria Herk up a bit higher. BTW, any C-17 types around here that were going cross country like this about 3 weeks ago? I had camera in the combine with long lens because we were at a farm with the only low-flying eagles that I normally get to see and my brother came on the radio asking what these 3 jets were.

post-16813-0-32884700-1354980752_thumb.j

post-16813-0-07318100-1354980787_thumb.j

I grew up in Western Iowa directly below a MOA and my parents house was used as a turn point on a low-level route and I remember growing up watching and listening to planes fly by. I distinctly remember a Buff flying over our house so low I could see the pilots waiving down at me or seeing F-4's and F-16's flying along the river at the bottom of the hill where my house was.

Those were the days that pushed me to really wanting to fly and eventually be a military pilot.

So, yes, there are many ignorant people in Iowa but most are bleed red, white and blue and love the low flyovers and airshows.

I'm from Iowa... BTW, any C-17 types around here that were going cross country like this about 3 weeks ago? I had camera in the combine with long lens because we were at a farm with the only low-flying eagles that I normally get to see and my brother came on the radio asking what these 3 jets were.

If I remember correctly(it's been a few years), there's an air refueling track that Altus uses over Iowa. I'm not sure where you are in Iowa, but I would guess they were going to meet up with a tanker.

If I remember correctly(it's been a few years), there's an air refueling track that Altus uses over Iowa. I'm not sure where you are in Iowa, but I would guess they were going to meet up with a tanker.

There is a refueling track out in NW Iowa, and one a little bit south of me in Missouri. They were on a heading of roughly 080 basically halfway between those tracks, and I know some other people saw them still in formation a couple hundred miles east of here. Granted, that is not far in terms of jet aviation. I guess I was just curious why 3 C-17's would cross country like that, certainly makes sense if they were going to take gas from a single tanker.