Military Memorabilia

Masshole

I could not find a thread about this, but I apologize if one exists. I am looking for people that know how to sell or trade old military memorabilia. Are there alternative methods to Ebay that can still connect me to buyers worldwide? How do you know how to price things (are there books or are there people that specialize in that)? Thank you.

Looking for a few things that I can't seem to find.

1. I am still looking for a C-130 yoke, never see them listed anywhere, might have to make my own.

2. When I left Laughlin 100 years ago they just installed a really cool table that I would like to recreate in the man cave. It was a T-38 wing with a landing gear...the lights even worked....would love to build one some day.

3. Have been looking for a 20MM barrel.

Some friends have some cool pieces. One buddy has the stick from the Viper he ejected out of. Another buddy has the ejection seat handle from a T-38 he crashed. When my dad left command they gave him a travel pod converted to a wet bar.

Looking for a few things that I can't seem to find.

1. I am still looking for a C-130 yoke, never see them listed anywhere, might have to make my own.

2. When I left Laughlin 100 years ago they just installed a really cool table that I would like to recreate in the man cave. It was a T-38 wing with a landing gear...the lights even worked....would love to build one some day.

3. Have been looking for a 20MM barrel.

Try the boneyard for the yoke. I got a couple sticks from there. You know who does the work on your guns at Clovis? They have old barrels.

Make some friends and couple cases of beer should get you numbers 1 & 3.

Try the boneyard for the yoke. I got a couple sticks from there. You know who does the work on your guns at Clovis? They have old barrels.

Make some friends and couple cases of beer should get you numbers 1 & 3.

Tried the boneyard...no dice. Would love to work the beer option, but we took the 20MM's off the H model in 1998 when they were still at Hurlburt so they never made the move west.

Have you tried DRMO for the gun barrels?

In my last squadron, we requested 6 barrels for use in our squaron bar (foot rails) and going away for the SQ/DO.

They send us 6 cases (6 barrels per crate)...and there was much rejoincing!

Cheers,

Cap-10

I'm sure CH has the friends(rank) to get anything he wants...

cheers :beer:

Oh, really? I see.

The friends he really needs for this mission are in the LPA. Is that what you're squawking about?

http://www.motoart.c...nner-flap-table

It doesn't light up and it costs a ton, but I pine for one.

Versatile until the end, the fleet was removed from service in 2004 when stress related failures began. Fat Albert is still in service, however, operating under the US Navy as the support aircraft for the Blue Angels. Fat Albert still flexes his muscle and joins the Blue Angels in air shows around the world.

WTFO?

Edit: Upon further research, the forest service grounded their fleet of C-130As in 2004 for safety concerns. Not the entire fleet of C-130s. Thank god.

Edited by Apollo

Possible stupid question, but I've never heard of this option, how does one try the boneyard for stuff?

I got to know the guys when I was delivering UH-1Fs and A-10s. It is a cool place and there are some cool people working there who are happy to show you around if you show a legitimate interest.

They gave me the first stick grip as a gift. Sawed it off right in front of me. It came from the Huey I was delivering that I landed after it had a catastrophic engine failure in the mountains when I was crossing the La Veta pass. It probably helps if you have have a story.

Good guys. And they like beer.

Would love an F-4C nose gear door for the wall (for that matter, I'd love about anything for the wall...)

Let me tell you, nothing will show your guests you mean business more than a sword. Or better yet...multiple swords.

Wait for your predecessor to leave behind the tail wheel from his above-max-crosswind landing. BOOM! Deuce tail wheel on your bar at home.

Let me tell you, nothing will show your guests you mean business more than a sword. Or better yet...multiple swords.

So you're into multiple swords, huh? PM sent.

• Upvote 2

2. When I left Laughlin 100 years ago they just installed a really cool table that I would like to recreate in the man cave. It was a T-38 wing with a landing gear...the lights even worked....would love to build one

That damn thing weighed a ton! Had to move it when we re-did the O-club bar...it's still there but I've never seen it light up. All the shoeclerk brass sits around it and and giggles like school girls when they get to go ring the bell for "infractions" on drop night.

http://www.motoart.c...nner-flap-table

It doesn't light up and it costs a ton, but I pine for one.

The question is does it come with the chick?