JSTARS sabotage?

PolyestherDuck

http://warnerrobinspatriot.com/bookmark/20267416-Source-says-J-STARS-aircraft-may-have-been-sabotaged-at-contractor-location

Joint STARS aircraft undergoing work at a contractor facility may have been sabotaged.

A tersely worded statement issued by Robins Air Force Base on Tuesday indicated that workers at Northrup Grumman’s Lake Charles, La., facility have discovered severed wires on an E-8C jet.

“To ensure the integrity of the maintenance process, we are working with Northrop Grumman to get to the root cause,” the statement added. “The matter is currently under investigation and more details will be released as they become available.”

Although the Air Force statement implied only one aircraft was affected, a source close to the incident has told The Patriot that up to four aircraft may have been damaged. The source also said a Northrop Grumman worker was suspected although the identity of the worker and a possible motive were unknown. The Air Force Office of Special Investigations is conducting the review, the source noted.

Northrop Grumman spokesman Gregory Harland issued a statement through Robins saying that the company “is supporting the United States Air Force in an ongoing investigation.” He referred all additional questions to the Air Force.

If they catch who did it, he's going under the jail. I heard stories from friends in the Herc community about an airman that was discovered partially slicing the loadmaster restraint harnesses a few years back. Hopefully that guy is still in Leavenworth.

Intel I got said it was a bunch of wires to the comm system...pilots got fed up of listening to all the goats...

not sure if I trust the source though.

Indeed. It does tend to distract from Sports Illustrated or the crossword puzzle that is the flight deck mission between those two useful phases of flight.

I hear some might even work on AAD...

• Upvote 1

Title changed.

To the OP:

AWACS, aka E-3

JSTARS, aka E-8

Might want to learn the difference

"Uh...I work with a newspaper/FoxNews/CNN/MSNBC/Reuters/AP. These all clearly appear to be bombers. What kind of bombers are they and what kind of nuclear weapons do they carry?"

I think the OP inadvertantly typed AWACS when clearly he meant to type JSTARS.

Brain fart. I know the difference. I seem to remember hearing stories about AWACS girls at PSAB running a prostitution ring back in the day...clearly my mind was off somewhere other than thinking about JSTARS backenders.

Edited by PolyestherDuck