Skydiver Fearless Felix jumps from 18 miles up

Tank

Its great how humble the guy is, he doesn't talk about how amazing what he's doing is. He talks about things like how he would get claustrophobic and have panic attacks in his suit or how he felt lonely when he lost comms with Kittenger in a test run.

Immediately you can feel how lonely you feel," Baumgartner said. "I wanted to hear the voice because I am so used to this. Every time we have been practicing on the ground, Joe was talking to me. So I am used to the voice, and (it) makes me feel safe."

I think Felix is hypoxic.

I was thinking the same thing

I was wondering what the jetstream would do to him if he fell through it...though that could explain the spin. Anyone know what caused the spin? I can't wait to see the view from his helmet cam.

Edited by BQZip01

I think I read that Joe Kittinger went into a bad spin on one of his jumps that set some kind of g force related record because he spun so fast!

Maybe with no air to stabilize him he could spin freely initially, and then when more air started hitting him it just made it worse before he was able to stabilize himself? I'm just guessing. Felix's spin did look pretty gnarly though!

They also said he had an emergency chute that would deploy on its own if it felt too many G's, so his spin must have been considered 'safe' I guess.