NATO apologises for Afghan Koran 'burning'

HoHum

I thought this Muslim commentator makes a lot of sense:

Time for a Little Honesty: Sometimes Muslims Burn Qurans

So, when someone burns a Quran, what should Muslims do? I don't think anyone's said it any better than Sheikh Ibrahim Mogra, who chairs the mosques and community affairs committee of the Muslim Council of Britain:

"What is captured on the pages can be printed again. If they burn 1,000, we can print 10,000. What's the big deal? ... A NATO soldier killing innocent people is far more painful than the burning of a Quran. I would rather they burn 100 Qurans than to hurt one woman or man or child."

• Upvote 1

It seems that senior leadership is more concerned about the troops getting fed up with their Afghan counterparts. http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2012/02/ap-allen-troops-not-time-revenge-022412/

"Afghan National Army Gen. Sher Mohammed Karimi, who traveled to the base with Allen, told the U.S. troops that their sacrifice is not wasted.

Karimi said the Americans and Afghans together are “fighting an enemy of humanity.”

Uh huh. Enemy of humanity I buy, the Afghans fighting them not so much..

• Upvote 1

2 more Americans killed at the Afghan ministry today according to CNN. A Maj and a Col. How many more before we start cuting ties with our Afghan "partners"? Hoping my friends serving in advisory/training roles over there are staying safe. Sleep with your sidearms gents.

These poor souls were executed!

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - Afghan authorities said Sunday they have identified a suspect in the killing of two U.S. military advisers inside an Afghan ministry a day earlier and have launched a manhunt to track him down.

NATO and the British government recalled their international advisers from Afghan ministries in the capital late Saturday after two advisers - a lieutenant colonel and a major - were found dead in their office, shot in the back of the head. The names of the victims have not been released.

The attack came after days of violent protests over the burning of copies of the Quran at a U.S. base last week.

These poor souls were executed!

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - Afghan authorities said Sunday they have identified a suspect in the killing of two U.S. military advisers inside an Afghan ministry a day earlier and have launched a manhunt to track him down.

NATO and the British government recalled their international advisers from Afghan ministries in the capital late Saturday after two advisers - a lieutenant colonel and a major - were found dead in their office, shot in the back of the head. The names of the victims have not been released.

The attack came after days of violent protests over the burning of copies of the Quran at a U.S. base last week.

Standing by for apology.