US Troops to Uganda and Central Africa

MKopack

IMHO, if a small group of SOF guys really want to (and are able to) go somewhere and turn some really evil dudes into a pile of chum, go for it. Even if we get nothing in return but a trophy for the case. As long as it's not Leeroy Jenkins style, why not? Just call it training; instead of going to the range we can practice on actual assholes. We waste a lot more money on dumber shit than this!

• Upvote 3

There are a finite number of people available and they are burned out, this further tasks them. Personal opinion only.

Still not apparent to me. And the "100" number is a bit misleading since a minimum of x5 that number are going for support and logistics. All of which comes from somewhere else. And since we're all maxed on hours and doing 1:1 dwell, to plus up here we subtract somewhere else.

Afghanistan.

Actually, Iraq.

• 4 weeks later...

If we send people to Nigeria perhaps that would be good enough to look up a barrister that has been attempting to contact me. It seems that a long lost distant relative of mine (who'd have thought I had relatives in Nigeria?) has recently passed away leaving me a large amount of money.

• Upvote 4

Guest CAVEMAN

If we send people to Nigeria perhaps that would be good enough to look up a barrister that has been attempting to contact me. It seems that a long lost distant relative of mine (who'd have thought I had relatives in Nigeria?) has recently passed away leaving me a large amount of money.

Maybe those emails might actually stop when the attorney's internet cafe is bombed.

Any form of intervention in Africa is risky. Damn if we do, damned if we don't.

• 3 months later...

I'm not really plugged into the social network like some people, but even I saw this mentioned all over facebook.

Pretty interesting stuff.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/invisible-childrens-stop-kony-campaign/2012/03/07/gIQA7B31wR_blog.html?wprss=blogpost

Lt. Col. Mamadou Gaye, a military spokesman for a United Nations stabilization mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo, said recently that the LRA “has been weakened” by military efforts. The group is believed to now have only about 250 armed members. Gen. Carter Ham, the head of U.S. Africa Command, said recently that Kony was no longer in Uganda.

First of all, I am not sure how people think this is a new development. And if they cared so much about this cause, why did they not jump on board 6 years ago when it was really relevant? Secondly, this is the threat? 250 armed gangsters on the run from UN forces? It would do much more good to pressure the UN to just eliminate them rather than raise "awareness."

4aPaC.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest Grind

Seriously...... Like this is the first time people found out how ######ed up it is over there.

I'm not really plugged into the social network like some people, but even I saw this mentioned all over facebook.

Something just isn't right about the video, one guy is sensitive about the subject due to his travels in the region so he makes a video full of emotion and sad stories with "facts" in an attempt to coerce and manipulate the people to pressure the US government to send troops. Use some critical thinking if you watch th

is video, realize its a beggar asking to use US troops and tax payer dollars for his personal agenda. The people that made this movie are the some people that condemned the Iraq invasion, NATO intervention in Libya etc for essentially that some crime Kony has committed but now its OK to go to Uganda because you know someone being that is directly suffering from the LRA? Hypocrisy... He ought to use his video donations to hire mercenaries if it means that much to him, but ###### him for asking to send troops to do something he's

not willing to do himself.

Something just isn't right about the video, one guy is sensitive about the subject due to his travels in the region so he makes a video full of emotion and sad stories with "facts" in an attempt to coerce and manipulate the people to pressure the US government to send troops. Use some critical thinking if you watch th

is video, realize its a beggar asking to use US troops and tax payer dollars for his personal agenda. The people that made this movie are the some people that condemned the Iraq invasion, NATO intervention in Libya etc for essentially that some crime Kony has committed but now its OK to go to Uganda because you know someone being that is directly suffering from the LRA? Hypocrisy... He ought to use his video donations to hire mercenaries if it means that much to him, but ###### him for asking to send troops to do something he's

not willing to do himself.

Uh... there are already troops there (hence the creation of this thread). What the campaign is about is raising awareness, to keep it on the radar of politicians in order to keep the advisors there until the job is done.

That and to raise money to line his pockets.

250 armed gangsters on the run from UN forces? It would do much more good to pressure the UN to just eliminate them rather than raise "awareness."

You are aware you just advocated the UN kill children, right? As that is essentially what the LRA is made up from- kidnapped children who have been given arms.

Uh... there are already troops there (hence the creation of this thread). What the campaign is about is raising awareness, to keep it on the radar of politicians in order to keep the advisors there until the job is done.

That and to raise money to line his pockets.

I believe the second part is the primary reason. Read somewhere only 30% of donations are actually going to the cause. Nevertheless the tone of the video disturbs me, "I made a promise 10 years ago to a boy I just met, help me push the government to act on and fulfill this promise." If Kony is captured credit better go to the troops of whichever nation found him. Invisible Children need not bother claiming it.

It's not. Ever had Romanian palinka? It's like that. Best I can remember anyway...

Got a Hungarian buddy whose father makes his own palinka, pure daemon nectar...

This reeks like the Darfur crap that was all the rage when I was in college. A lot of feel good "awareness raising" but what good did that do? All we need is a couple of gunships down there to lay waste to everything that moves in a burning village. The UN has unarmed "observers" who see this crap happen every day, why not do something about it? Even if it's a few contractors ala this guy, seeing a few of your buddies turned to pink mist make be enough of a deterrence to keep them from brazzenly killing and raping at every chance.

http://astore.amazon.com/ferjun-20/detail/1612000703

Guest Grind

Guys, this is all just a media coverup of the fact that the spawn of satan is about to burst forth from snookis.....Something, in 6-9 months.

Seriously...... Like this is the first time people found out how ######ed up it is over there.

36h8r1.jpg

422408_320140704701796_100001176063153_817051_2117629329_n.jpg

I don't think it takes Benjamin Franklin to realize that it's a pretty FUBAR situation over there.

I think the most interesting thing about all of this is how social media could really bring about some change in an area of the world where people haven't given a crap for awhile. It's also interesting how my hippie pinko liberal friends are all over this cause even though its whole purpose is to get American troops more involved.

Reminds me of Par1s Hilton posing for that "Vote or Die" crap and not even being registered to vote.

http://www.onlinecer...ven-registered/

Edit: WTF?!?! Type in that Hilton girls name and it changes to Hilary Clinton! Hahahahahaaha!

Edited by Danger41

I don't think it takes Benjamin Franklin to realize that it's a pretty FUBAR situation over there.

I never said it wasn't but again what is "liking" a status or posting the video going to do? The man has but a couple hundred soldiers now and has been in hiding for 6 years, and from several articles I read they have less than a stellar reputation on the ground in Uganda. Mainly because they work and support the Ungandan and Sudanese Armies which are guilty of the exact same crimes as Kony.