Holsters in Flight Suits

outbreak

Guest JollyFlight21

Seriously, you guys have to conceal carry on a military aircraft... :banghead: I hope it's that they're making you, and not because you think you're actually hiding anything.

Seriously, you guys have to conceal carry on a military aircraft... :banghead: I hope it's that they're making you, and not because you think you're actually hiding anything.

KC-10 vol3 requires us to carry concealed.

I think it's dumb as hell.

Yeah I'm tired of the inconspicuous BOOB I have every time we have to carry on the jet. Some of our guys have the ankle holster but as previously said, it would take ages to actually draw it. Keep up the conversation, I'm looking for good solutions.

Yeah I'm tired of the inconspicuous BOOB I have every time we have to carry on the jet. Some of our guys have the ankle holster but as previously said, it would take ages to actually draw it. Keep up the conversation, I'm looking for good solutions.

Good solution = Copilot arms up.

Wow, so in your squadron commands when folks blatantly didn't follow the rules you didn't politely call them on it, you just looked the other way out of coolness?

Are we really gonna have this discussion? I think you can find pages and pages dedicated to following the rules

• 3 months later...

Are horizontal shoulder holsters allowed in Kandahar?

OK rant switch on/ Who's the asshole that thought that horizontal shoulder holsters result in flagging of people? Why is this asshole in the military and allowed to touch a firearm? Does this asshole think that firearms go off on their own? He probably thinks having people clear their weapons every ten feet also makes the base safer. /Rant off

I don't know, when I was there this past summer, I carried with a paddle holster and a riggers belt. I hate the way the shoulder rigs flap around without being tied to a belt like they're supposed to be.

Guest dropkick_9

I bet there was a negligent discharge with that holster config resulting in an injury, so the natural knee jerk reaction would be a blanket ban.

• 1 year later...

Another thread revival:

Any ideas for regs about wearing an empty holster in the flight suit? I searched around but not sure I'm using the right terms I guess.

No, you are using the right terms, you just took some really bad drugs.

Why the fuck would you wear an empty holster? Additionally, WTF makes you think there would be a reg regarding wearing said empty holsters? Do you also want to know if there are any regs on how to properly make cheese burgers without cheese?

well, when they took away friday shirts, I had to think outside the container. It could be fitting for our flight in UPT (Guns). Anyways, it was just an idea, back to studying.

Also, there's a reg for everything, and no I don't want to know how to cook a cheeseburger sans cheese.