CoC Ceremony @ BAF?

war007afa

Guest C-21 Pilot

Sorry for missing the rest of the party...

Re-read my post...I'm talking sorties vs. hours.

230 Combat Hours, in the Operations he supported, is by no means something to brag about. Now, who did the braggin' - PA, sure, I know. Not the good Col. who I know nothing about.

I'm not disagreeing about Combat Time being shitty, I'm just saying that in today's world - OEF/OIF, all MWS folks are getting HOURS (as was mentioned by PA). Shit, in fact, we'll have CP's in the C-17 getting over 230 hours in one deployment. PA highlights the guy for his entire career of ammassing over 230.

By no means am I discrediting his abilities, just the fact that 230 hours TODAY, isn't worth highlighting in any airframe IMHO. How do you compare 230 hours today vs. 230 hours in WWI, WWII, Korea and Viet Nam....different rules, different war. NOT COMPARABLE!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Form 8
I remember the girl working the tower a few months ago telling us we couldn't land during quiet hours; this after we supported a TIC and were min fuel. Needless to say, we landed without incident and never heard anymore about our "violation of quiet hours".

The radar personnel there are a bunch of tards. I heard one aircraft getting yelled at by approach there because the airborne GCI we all love was giving them airspace within approach's airspace. So then approach starts yelling at the airborne GCI on the radio and hilarity ensues.

I'm not sure I see it being such a big deal. It honors our heritage and tradition as an armed force to recognize a change in leadership as well as say good bye to the previous commander.

His command tour is a 365, not a measly 120 like they used to be. Stop complaining over such small stuff.

When I was working in AMD, I got a phone call that made my f*cking jaw drop. A former C-130 squadron commander of mine who was taking command of a new squadron at the busiest airlift hub in Iraq called me direct to inform me that I needed to fit the AOR's entire airlift plan around Balad's quiet hours for his change of command. Then the other shoe dropped. He also wanted me to schedule a down day for his entire squadron so they could all attend the event! The worst part of it, as I understand it, was that his request for quiet hours at Balad got shot down by his boss so he was trying to do an end run around his own leadership to make it happen anyway. Unf*cking believable.

So, why don't I let you in on a little secret here, dude. We're at war. The war doesn't stop so every Tom, Dick, and Harry can stroke their egos. Heritage and tradition? Why don't we worry about honoring the heritage and tradition of grabbing our enemies by their necks and kicking their teeth in instead of bending to every FGO wet dream. Save that shit for peacetime.

Guest Form 8
When I was working in AMD, I got a phone call that made my f*cking jaw drop. A former C-130 squadron commander of mine who was taking command of a new squadron at the busiest airlift hub in Iraq called me direct to inform me that I needed to fit the AOR's entire airlift plan around Balad's quiet hours for his change of command. Then the other shoe dropped. He also wanted me to schedule a down day for his entire squadron so they could all attend the event! The worst part of it, as I understand it, was that his request for quiet hours at Balad got shot down by his boss so he was trying to do an end run around his own leadership to make it happen anyway. Unf*cking believable.

I was in his squadron at Balad when he did that. He also closed down Ops one day and made us go out clean all the -130's there because he didn't think they were clean enough.

I was in his squadron at Balad when he did that. He also closed down Ops one day and made us go out clean all the -130's there because he didn't think they were clean enough.

I have a gut feeling that a few years ago, this guy was a senior Capt/junior Maj who was bitching and moaning to all of his buddies/fellow crew dogs about how something like this was so uttertly ridiculous and how the focus should have been on hacking the mission; now that things have changed, these things are no longer ridiculous, but necessary and critical. :rainbow::bash::M16:

Guest JollyFlight21
090418-F-2207D-056.jpg

Wanna guess why there was no HH-60 in that static? They were out flying a real combat mission like the Army...

I keed, I keed! :thumbsup:

Edit: to ensure sarcasm not missed.

Edited by JollyFlight21

Guest Form 8
I have a gut feeling that a few years ago, this guy was a senior Capt/junior Maj who was bitching and moaning to all of his buddies/fellow crew dogs about how something like this was so uttertly ridiculous and how the focus should have been on hacking the mission; now that things have changed, these things are no longer ridiculous, but necessary and critical. :rainbow::bash::M16:

Probably not, one of the worst tools in the C-130 community. And no, he isn't a crossflow guy either. Thankfully he made O-6 and will be taking over an Airlift Group soon :bash:

So, why don't I let you in on a little secret here, dude. We're at war. The war doesn't stop so every Tom, Dick, and Harry can stroke their egos. Heritage and tradition? Why don't we worry about honoring the heritage and tradition of grabbing our enemies by their necks and kicking their teeth in instead of bending to every FGO wet dream. Save that shit for peacetime.

So, WTF happened? Did he going higher? Did he just have a noisy cerimony?

So, WTF happened? Did he going higher? Did he just have a noisy cerimony?

I listened politely and said, "I'll look into it, sir." Then I hung up the phone and never gave it another thought.

Like Form 8 said, he's now an O-6 coming soon to an airlift wing near you.

I'm not sure I see it being such a big deal. It honors our heritage and tradition as an armed force to recognize a change in leadership as well as say good bye to the previous commander.

His command tour is a 365, not a measly 120 like they used to be. Stop complaining over such small stuff.

Choke yourself.

First put your junk in a blender so you don't reproduce.

Choke yourself.

First put your junk in a blender so you don't reproduce.

Ok putznik, I'm on it brah since your lady said I have some junk to spare.

Straight from a CoC script:

"The change of command ceremony is rooted in military history dating back to the 18th century during the reign of Frederick the Great of Prussia. At that time, organizational flags were developed with color arrangements and symbols unique to each particular unit. To this flag and its commander, the soldiers of the unit would dedicate their loyalty and trust. When a change of command was to take place, the flag was passed to the individual assuming the command. This gesture was accomplished in front of the unit so that all could see and witness their new leader assuming his dutiful position. He who held the flag also held the soldier’s allegiance. This symbolic tradition has survived throughout military history."

That's sounds like something straight out of Drury's "My Secret War." Read it. It'll just go to show that some things never change.

http://product.half.ebay.com/My-Secret-War...nfoQQprZ1411327

"The change of command ceremony is rooted in military history dating back to the 18th century during the reign of Frederick the Great of Prussia. At that time, organizational flags were developed with color arrangements and symbols unique to each particular unit. To this flag and its commander, the soldiers of the unit would dedicate their loyalty and trust. When a change of command was to take place, the flag was passed to the individual assuming the command. This gesture was accomplished in front of the unit so that all could see and witness their new leader assuming his dutiful position. He who held the flag also held the soldier’s allegiance. This symbolic tradition has survived throughout military history."

Wow. Tool much?

I like to have a change of command everytime I am the A code on a flight or mission commander. I make sure I do it in front of the crew and formation so everyone knows. After all it's a symbolic tradition....

Guest WNFRED

Who was it. Spent 98-07 in the herk world and would love to know who this ass clown is.

GoAround, you just don't know when to stop digging your hole, do you? Bottom line: 99%(everyone here but you) is concerned 100% with killing bad guys and supporting our bros that do. FGO Dipshit's CoC, whatever benefits it may have for heritage/tradition/his ego, DOESN'T FREAKIN MATTER!!!

In addition, it's an enormous risk due to previously discussed "troops in the open, fire for effect" opportunity for the bad guys.

besides, we're the Air Force. What the hell do we know about tradition? We trash it at every opportunity that doesn't help some GO or CMSgt's latest pet project . . . :flipoff:

Straight from 36-2903

3.2.2. Flight Duty Uniform. The FDU/DFDU will have sleeves rolled down to the wrist at all times.

The front zipper of the FDU/DFDU will be closed to approximately 3 inches from the neckline. All

other zippers will be completely closed. EXCEPTION: The flight cap may be stored in either lower

leg pocket without that pocket being fully zipped. A small portion of the cap may be exposed while

in the pocket. However, when the cap is removed, the pocket must be fully zipped.

I see a lot (all) of you out there in clear violation of this instruction.

Remember:

COMPLIANCE WITH THIS PUBLICATION IS MANDATORY

Straight from 36-2903

I see a lot (all) of you out there in clear violation of this instruction.

Remember:

Funny, I actually got yelled at for this by an inspecter during an ORI at Columbus.

Speaking of Bagram, do we have a thread on Baseops about Bagram info specifically? I searched and saw wonderful threads such as the C-17 Mishap and the approach request, but didn't see anything just having to do with life on the base, etc....

Ok putznik, I'm on it brah since your lady said I have some junk to spare.

"Brah?" Seriously? My kids were born in Hawaii, I'm pretty fucking confident no one there would be impressed with you CoC quoting ability. We'll walk up the leeward coast together and see which one of us gets knifed for our reg quoting skills. Dipshit.

Nice having a pointless quote about soldiers. You a soldier? I didn't think so. Reminds me of a surprise little drill when I was a soldier. Our platoon leader, an ex-enlisted force recon Marine gave us a quick couple marching commands. More than half of us ended up facing the wrong direction. His announcement, "exactly what I would expect of an outstanding infantry unit, you can't march for shit."

Change of Command ceremonies in peacetime are fucking retarded. In combat it's your excuse to do it in an airplane with two dudes present and call it good. Here's a hint, if your unit has a reason to exist in a combat zone, pretty hard to get them all together in a fucking formation isn't it?

I finish where I started, choke yourself.

"Brah?" Seriously? My kids were born in Hawaii, I'm pretty ######ing confident no one there would be impressed with you CoC quoting ability. We'll walk up the leeward coast together and see which one of us gets knifed for our reg quoting skills. Dipshit.

Nice having a pointless quote about soldiers. You a soldier? I didn't think so. Reminds me of a surprise little drill when I was a soldier. Our platoon leader, an ex-enlisted force recon Marine gave us a quick couple marching commands. More than half of us ended up facing the wrong direction. His announcement, "exactly what I would expect of an outstanding infantry unit, you can't march for shit."

Change of Command ceremonies in peacetime are ######ing retarded. In combat it's your excuse to do it in an airplane with two dudes present and call it good. Here's a hint, if your unit has a reason to exist in a combat zone, pretty hard to get them all together in a ######ing formation isn't it?

I finish where I started, choke yourself.

I see guys like putznik and flyingrunt in every squadron/unit/organization. "Soldiers" or airmen who put more energy into complaining than getting the job done. These are the same folks who are in a profession they don't even believe in. You don't have to "drink the blue koolaid" and be a yes man at every opportunity, but at some point be proud to wear the uniform and be proud to serve.