Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

I think that's what you need to do if you are planning on continuing on in this Blue life, especially if you're going to the great Shoe Clerk Career Retreat over there. Personally, I can't do that anymore - the more rules or regs I break over there, the happier I am. So I'm getting out, before I completely destroy good order and discipline. Better to look back fondly upon your time in the service as a civilian, than be like me, a d-bag Captain who just can't care anymore. It just makes me too mad.

YC,

I did that exact thing--except the part about being a douchebag captain (couldn't resist). Now I'm happier than a pig in shit as a civilian and a reservist whose sole job is to fly, or be ready to fly. If my ass isn't on the couch, it's on the clock. Remember, if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a few SNCOs.

Good luck!

Doing CAS at OTBH? Now I am confused...

I imagine that the original post in question should have said, "Doing CAS from OTBH." rather than at OTBH.

If you were just feigning confusion, then I imagine you are just trying to stir the pot by comparing the CAS sorties being launched downrange versus CAS sorties launched from OTBH. But anyways, yes, CAS is done by assets at OTBH.

Guest Alarm Red
I imagine that the original post in question should have said, "Doing CAS from OTBH." rather than at OTBH.

If you were just feigning confusion, then I imagine you are just trying to stir the pot by comparing the CAS sorties being launched downrange versus CAS sorties launched from OTBH. But anyways, yes, CAS is done by assets at OTBH.

True. Employing in close proximity (undefined) and having detailed integration with friendly forces is all that is required for it to be CAS.

Nowhere is there a requirement to be able to see the target or even the ground.

I say strap some 1553 mounts for JDAM on the KC-135 and it too could do CAS between ARCTs.

True. Employing in close proximity (undefined) and having detailed integration with friendly forces is all that is required for it to be CAS.

I say strap some 1553 mounts for JDAM on the KC-135 and it too could do CAS between ARCTs.

Without delving into a deep CAS discussion, please realize that the CAS assets at OTBH work nearly interchangably with CAS assets downrange regarding missions and units supported. Often, OTBH assets are even preferred for the mission. Obviously there are differences in capability between all aircraft with a CAS mission, but I'm just highlighting the point that the CAS that OTBH assets perform is the same CAS that the downrange jets perform.

Sorry for being cryptic hopefully I'm making my point.

Guest Form 8

It already has some.

070225-F-4335C-911.jpg

Edited by Bergman

Guest Alarm Red
Without delving into a deep CAS discussion, please realize that the CAS assets at OTBH work nearly interchangably with CAS assets downrange regarding missions and units supported. Often, OTBH assets are even preferred for the mission. Obviously there are differences in capability between all aircraft with a CAS mission, but I'm just highlighting the point that the CAS that OTBH assets perform is the same CAS that the downrange jets perform.

Sorry for being cryptic hopefully I'm making my point.

1. Don't be cryptic or try to talk around anything in a public forum (or really ever for that matter). If you wouldn't allude to something directly to Ahmadinejad or the Chonger in person, don't do it here.

2. http://www.379aew.afcent.af.mil/library/

Bender, wasn't referring to your post.

English and coherent english are two different things.

Getting moved to a later line so that sandbag duty doesn't interfere with crewrest... You can call it something other than getting pulled from a flight or whatever. It is still wrong. The reasons given for why we're doing that duty is wrong. The whole "we need to be equal contributors to the base" is the wrong premise from which to approach this. I need to stop. BTW, sandbag duty was fun.

NOT!!!!

Guest Hueypilot812

If we (ops & mx) need to be our own support (ie, filling sandbags, doing our own finance/persco stuff, etc) then I suggest we go back to the old days when Al Udeid was mostly ops and maintenance. I'm fine with that, especially if we can do things our way and not have some non-flying, non-combat shoe tell me how I should be more like a "warrior".

If we (ops & mx) need to be our own support (ie, filling sandbags, doing our own finance/persco stuff, etc) then I suggest we go back to the old days when Al Udeid was mostly ops and maintenance. I'm fine with that, especially if we can do things our way and not have some non-flying, non-combat shoe tell me how I should be more like a "warrior".

Bingo. If we're going to be filling our own support role anyway, send the support troops the f#$@ home so I can do my job in peace.

Last April there actually was CAS at OTBH instead of from OTBH.

100208af_b1_fire2.JPG

Our squadron filled our quota of sandbags, our prize: getting to help build the "new" bunkers.

More bunkers? Every time I go out there (2-3 times a year) they're re-doing the bunkers. God forbid they have the CE guys finish the new bathrooms now that the contractor has stopped work on them.

Is the new CC DFAC finished yet? Last time I was there they were almost done with the structure. I was excited to see they were looking for a demolition contract on the old one. I expect it'll be done in 2015, right before our hosts give us the boot a la PSAB.

Guest CAVEMAN
Is the new CC DFAC finished yet? Last time I was there they were almost done with the structure. I was excited to see they were looking for a demolition contract on the old one. I expect it'll be done in 2015, right before our hosts give us the boot a la PSAB.

We will run out of money so we will never finish it.

Guest Alarm Red
Nice. Way to tag the wing to the base, Mr OPSEC.

Oops. Oh, wait:

.mil sites: 1 2 3

And of course Wikipedia is never wrong

Edit: URLs

Edited by Alarm Red

Our squadron filled our quota of sandbags, our prize: getting to help build the "new" bunkers.

My thought on that is it's punishment for trying to make Baghram a C-17 graveyard.......... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Too Soon????

This thread is getting mega- :rainbow: .

It's a Dining facility, not a chow hall. There, that should get it back on track.

Just swung through en route back home and the nerds got us for the following violations:

2 reflective belt (in the fog)

2 untucked shirts

1 hat

1 sunglasses on the head

1 washing hands before eating chow

I for one am surprised at the dark horse of the group, hand washing. Here's to you, Mr Al Udeid Policy Enforcer!

Just swung through en route back home and the nerds got us for the following violations:

2 reflective belt (in the fog)

2 untucked shirts

1 hat

1 sunglasses on the head

1 washing hands before eating chow

I for one am surprised at the dark horse of the group, hand washing. Here's to you, Mr Al Udeid Policy Enforcer!

39 days and counting before I'm boots on the ground at the Deid.

Is there any sign some of this may change when the leadership changes out in July?

39 days and counting before I'm boots on the ground at the Deid.

Is there any sign some of this may change when the leadership changes out in July?

It's the Died. It will never change.