Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

Question about wireless access. Are there any plug ins available at the areas with wireless. My battery life sucks.

I can't speak on the BPC, but around the perimeter of the Bra it looks like there are a bunch of receptacles. There is usually a group of people with laptops sitting up on the stage too so I assume that's for plugging in. The times I was in there, the south side of the DEL is opened up and usually full of computer users taking advantage of the air conditioned environment.

Don't worry, you'll still sweat your ass off while eating at the CC Chow Hall, but at least the WiFi hotspots are working.

I can't speak on the BPC, but around the perimeter of the Bra it looks like there are a bunch of receptacles. There is usually a group of people with laptops sitting up on the stage too so I assume that's for plugging in. The times I was in there, the south side of the DEL is opened up and usually full of computer users taking advantage of the air conditioned environment.

Don't worry, you'll still sweat your ass off while eating at the CC Chow Hall, but at least the WiFi hotspots are working.

There are some plugs in the BPC mall as well. You might have to sit on the floor, but they're there. You will need a UK type plug adapter, the kind with the three square prongs.

Guest mjk5401
Just to clarify things:

I cocked on a jet yesterday....

Sorry...couldn't let that one go.

Worse then that, our Nav said over the radio, "ahh...'so and so' (deleted for OPSEC), 'call sign' (OPSEC) is cocked on and getting off!"

Priceless...

They Navy takes the cake on stereotype :rainbow: radio lingo.

"54, confirm you're holding hands with 55?"

"Confirm, we're holding hands."

"54, confirm you're holding hands with 55?"

"Confirm, we're holding hands."

It's a standard brevity term. Hear that all the time in fighter traffic patterns at AFBs when dealing with formations in the pattern; though I'll concede that it does sound kinda :rainbow:

Even better is hearing a female Navy pilot say "Penthouse (the ship's callsign), Sideflare xxx, our gadget is broken" on the radio.

just noticed when you search "dumbness at the deid" on google, it replies:

"Did you mean: numbness at the dead"

how appropriate...

I'm heading out in a few weeks.

Looking for the cliff's notes on what to pack (it's been a year since last I saw the Broken Pipe Complex in all it's glory)

I'll be in the trailers, is there still stuff to do over at the CC?

I hear we need disco belts even in PTs?

Should I bring my Tevas? I live in them over there in my terrorist-target bulls-eye PT uniform.

I've heard you can't get in the dining facility wearing them. If I wear socks with them is it not "open toed"?

Are crocs a better :rainbow: alternative?

I'm getting an ABU hat, so I've got that covered, and I have sand t-shirts for the tan flight suit, but what about gore-tex? ABU or is tan still okay?

Has anyone tried the new iPod Touch w/ WiFi in the Bra? Any luck?

post-6122-1221447558_thumb.jpg

No more hookas? No more riding in the back of trucks?

Any good immigration stories?

See you all soon!

-Flip

greetings. Tevas are ok....I haven't reached the stage in my life where I wear socks with sandals but I am almost 100% sure you will be fine with socks to the chow hall....

no reflective belts as of yet..just in OPS town in ABUs/DCUs....they(persco) must tell the folks when they rotate in here something different becuase you can always see the new folks rocking the disco belts @ high noon

not too sure about the gortex--haven't seen guidance on that yet--anyone else?

and yes--no more hookas--outlawed by the OG/CC

are you going to be in the OG here? if so I suggest reading a few pages back--interesting :bash:

Edited by loadsmith

I'm pretty sure ABU's were being mandated / replacing DCU's as of 1 Oct. I don't wear them, so I'm not 100% sure.

People have said their IPhone works in the Bra and BPC. You just have to download some program and use Skype.

If you have a webcam, I highly recommend bringing it. Everyone and their mom uses them. On that note, when you get here, buy a european converter plug so you can plug your computer into the outlets when you're surfing WiFi.

CC still has tons of stuff to do. BPC kind of shuts down after 2300. The game room is open and people are on the computer, but the BX and Movie theatre on that side are closed.

BPC resturants are open. Starbucks, Charlies, Popeyes, and some Tai place.

In regards to immigration stories, just make sure you were immigrated out last time. They've been having a problem lately. People come in who were here two months prior and they think they never left, so instead of doing paper work, they make them leave the country, touch feet down some where else and come back the next day. GAYNESS at it's best.

Packing wise...8-10 sets of PTs if you work out regularly.

Have a good one.

H

Guest Gillespie

I was just curious to see if anyone has had any run-ins with the AEW/CC at the 'Deid past or present. I witnessed a very public asschewing by him and curious if this is standard ops....

Edited by Gillespie

DONT GET CROCS. If you sell out your manhood for crocs you are a F*cking girl.

All crocs in the desert are gay. Period. I'd rather wear swords on my feet.

I used to be the same way. I've spent the last few years at home berating anyone in the States who wore them. Plastic shoes with holes? YGBFSM.

BUT, as Stiffler puts it, I guess I sold out. When they outlawed open toes at the chow hall, it was just easier to consolidate shoe needs and suck it up. I don't like roaming around in tennis shoes if not working out, and I sure as hell don't wanna put shoes and socks on every time I just wanna run to chow.

Are they :rainbow: ? You bet your ass they are. But they get the job done. And packing more shoes to accomodate all the rules out here is just as much being a girl.

I could care less... I sure ain't the only one here wearing them, and they'll never even leave my deployment bag when I get home.

I used to be the same way. I've spent the last few years at home berating anyone in the States who wore them. Plastic shoes with holes? YGBFSM.

BUT, as Stiffler puts it, I guess I sold out. When they outlawed open toes at the chow hall, it was just easier to consolidate shoe needs and suck it up. I don't like roaming around in tennis shoes if not working out, and I sure as hell don't wanna put shoes and socks on every time I just wanna run to chow.

Are they :rainbow: ? You bet your ass they are. But they get the job done. And packing more shoes to accomodate all the rules out here is just as much being a girl.

I could care less... I sure ain't the only one here wearing them, and they'll never even leave my deployment bag when I get home.

Crocs are gay but so is the deid. I got some camo colored crocs from payless though. So convenient.

Seems like a great boss. You have nothing to worry about...unless you're a C-130 guy.

I find that hard to believe since the OG is a C-130 chick.

I'm pretty sure ABU's were being mandated / replacing DCU's as of 1 Oct. I don't wear them, so I'm not 100% sure.

People have said their IPhone works in the Bra and BPC. You just have to download some program and use Skype.

If you have a webcam, I highly recommend bringing it. Everyone and their mom uses them. On that note, when you get here, buy a european converter plug so you can plug your computer into the outlets when you're surfing WiFi.

CC still has tons of stuff to do. BPC kind of shuts down after 2300. The game room is open and people are on the computer, but the BX and Movie theatre on that side are closed.

BPC resturants are open. Starbucks, Charlies, Popeyes, and some Tai place.

In regards to immigration stories, just make sure you were immigrated out last time. They've been having a problem lately. People come in who were here two months prior and they think they never left, so instead of doing paper work, they make them leave the country, touch feet down some where else and come back the next day. GAYNESS at it's best.

Packing wise...8-10 sets of PTs if you work out regularly.

Have a good one.

H

How are they mandated if they aren't mandatory until 2011? Some bases (like mine) will only issue ABU's to you if you're deploying to Iraq or Afghanistan.

greetings. Tevas are ok....I haven't reached the stage in my life where I wear socks with sandals but I am almost 100% sure you will be fine with socks to the chow hall....

no reflective belts as of yet..just in OPS town in ABUs/DCUs....they(persco) must tell the folks when they rotate in here something different becuase you can always see the new folks rocking the disco belts @ high noon

not too sure about the gortex--haven't seen guidance on that yet--anyone else?

and yes--no more hookas--outlawed by the OG/CC

are you going to be in the OG here? if so I suggest reading a few pages back--interesting :bash:

I read all about it...

Let's make the best of it.

DONT GET CROCS. If you sell out your manhood for crocs you are a F*cking girl.

All crocs in the desert are gay. Period. I'd rather wear swords on my feet.

I am confident enough in my manhood to wear gay footwear.

Last I checked we weren't allowed to have manhood in the AOR anyway. Doesn't that violate SARC policy or something?

-Flip