Blues on Monday

okienav

(crew neck t-shirts x 2)

I didn't say it was legal, just that I was going to do it.

Maybe the fact we can't even wear our Service's own uniform correctly validates the fact we should be "practicing" until we can figure it out.

Maybe the fact we can't even wear our Service's own uniform correctly validates the fact we should be "practicing" until we can figure it out.

Probably shouldn't have said that, I was being sarcastic.

I don't get off wearing any particular uniform, but I take a sincere interest in doing so correctly. I won't say I run out and buy a new ribbon rack every time the next piece of fluff falls, but I try to look correct.

If those are the 'midsize', then how f@cking small are the real mini wings?

Dunno about "mini" AF wings (because, like you, I have yet to see them at the uniform shop), but miniature wings for USMC mess dress are like 1 1/4" wingspan - basically, they're a tie-tac.

Because the AFI's don't allow wear of a rainbow flag tshirt that says "I like balls on my chin."

Classic...

Blues Monday is a shining example of setting the bar high, moving it down a bit and in true AF style leaving it wide open for ridicule and manipulation.

ANYONE in here have a base CC that set forth a guidance on uniform for Blues Monday?

I'd be surprised and pleased if my base CC put in place guidance for Monday (eg: long sleeve)

Just make it standard and consider your climate and base populus and you'll avoid alot of these incidents with people wearing the uniform incorrectly.

I know, an O6 probably should know the proper wear of the cardigan. But we know how that is working out.

Only in the Air Force would you be so gay as to standardize blues monday. Do we really need ROTC style guidance on the version of blues we wear.

FKNA no shit. Some of you seriously need someone to 'standardize' the blue UOD for you? "Wear your blues, any combination" isn't specific enough? For fvck's sake, I thought it was gayer-than-two-dudes-kissin' when we I had to 'standardize' sleeves rolled or unrolled for BDUs when marching in formation for my Mx pipeliner tech school. Unlike the other services, the AF doesn't set an arbitrary date for when you can/have to roll up your sleeves, they give you the flexibility to make a personal decision. No need for :bash: by dumb arbitrary rules. <ahhnold> "Stop vhining, you eediots!" </ahhnold>

As for wearing your ribbons with your blue shirt...that's almost exclusively an enlisted thing, and that's dumb too - most of what it serves is to force airmen in PME to show that they know how to wear/arrange their ribbons. Most of the shoe-clerk uniform gestapo enforcement stuff comes from there as well, for them it's a demonstration of "leadership" while in ALS/NCOA/SNCOA, etc.

:rainbow:

Guest Mike Brogan
better question: why can you roll your sleeves up in BDUs/ABUs, but not in a flightsuit (at least per 36-2903.) WTF?

Because 36-2903 is a shoe-clerk reg, and that's one of their small ways of sticking it to the man. ;)

Our SQ/CC was in his blues on Monday...complete with his callsign on the nametag.

Small victories.

Ha ha!!! Priceless! Thats what makes bein a military aviator a little different and never boring. Sure.....we'll follow their rules, and look good doin it....but the rebelious spirit can't be kept down by the man. Love it!

Now that we are in the Fall season with colder temperatures approaching, does anyone know if the leather jacket is legal to wear with blues, as oppose to the :rainbow: blue zip-up thing? I've seen the combo before, but I didn't see anything about it during a cursory scan of 36-29-slob-my-knob.

Now that we are in the Fall season with colder temperatures approaching, does anyone know if the leather jacket is legal to wear with blues, as oppose to the :rainbow: blue zip-up thing? I've seen the combo before, but I didn't see anything about it during a cursory scan of 36-29-slob-my-knob.

Some guys here were talking about going with the sweater. I think it's hilarious.

"PULL OVER!"

"It's actually a cardigan, but thanks for noticing."

WHAT IS THE SENTENCE? IS IT OK OR NOT?

That IS the sentence. Yes, it's OK.

Here's the applicable parts of the reg for those of you who can't/won't look it up for yourself...

3.2.3. Flight Jacket. The Installation commander determines seasonal requirements. Either green Nomexâ„¢ or the leather A-2 flying jacket may be worn with the FDU. The desert style Nomexâ„¢ or the leather A-2 flying jacket may be worn with the DFDU. Jackets are required to be zipped at least halfway. Accouterments on the Nomexâ„¢ jacket will be configured the same as the FDU/DFDU.

3.2.3.1. Leather A-2 Flying Jacket is authorized for wear as prescribed in Table 3.6. of this instruction. Wear of the leather A-2 jacket in flight is authorized unless prohibited by MAJCOM Supplement or restricted due to safety of flight concerns. Authorized individuals are listed below.

3.2.3.1.1. Aircrew Members. Rated, Career Enlisted Aviators, and Non-rated Aircrew members who have been permanently awarded an aeronautical badge IAW 11-402. The aeronautical order permanently awarding the aeronautical badge constitutes authority for wear of the leather A-2 flying jacket.

3.2.3.1.2. Space and Missile Officer/Enlisted. Qualified 13SX officers are authorized wear upon completion of qualification training in one of the following AFSC’s 13SXA, 13SXB, 13SXC, 13SXD, 13SXE. Space Systems Operations personnel must complete qualification training and be certified as a mission ready crewmember in the 1C6XX AFSC.

EXCEPTION: CSAF is the approval/waiver authority for issue of the leather A-2 flying jacket to all other individuals.

And here's the text of Table 3.6. with the sentence in question:

Authorized Individuals - Leather A-2 flying jacket with flight suit, hospital whites, or service uniforms (not service dress uniform). Do not wear with civilian clothes. Attach MAJCOM patch and nametag with velcro. Nametag is 2 x 4 inches, brown or black leather, simulated leather. Emboss with wings or qualifying badge, first and last name, rank, and USAF. Members may add an inside pocket, at their expense, when it does not detract from the external appearance. The Wing and Star patch may be worn by individuals not assigned to a MAJCOM. Issue brown leather flying gloves may be worn. NOTE: Generals (4 Star), regardless of their Air Force Specialty Code are authorized to wear.

I find the NOTE interesting...

I just received this today in my email inbox...

Gotta love it!

New Monday blues policy from our OG:

1. Sims on Monday will be done in blues.

2. If you are to engage in an activity requiring a utility uniform,when that activity is over and there is remaining duty day requiring your presence you need to change into blues. Likewise, if you come in early before said activity come in blues and change into utilities.

3. If you are wearing a utility uniform, please minimize your activities outside the squadron or the necessary areas requiring utilities

I just received this today in my email inbox...

Gotta love it!

New Monday blues policy from our OG:

1. Sims on Monday will be done in blues.

2. If you are to engage in an activity requiring a utility uniform,when that activity is over and there is remaining duty day requiring your presence you need to change into blues. Likewise, if you come in early before said activity come in blues and change into utilities.

3. If you are wearing a utility uniform, please minimize youractivities outside the squadron or the necessary areas requiringutilities

UFB!

1. Why not fly locals in Blues... we fly in civies sometimes... the 89th occasionaly flys in Blues.

2. Traslation... don't come in early and leave after said activity.

3. Don't let anyone see you not wearing them!

3. If you are wearing a utility uniform, please minimize youractivities outside the squadron or the necessary areas requiringutilities

OMFG! We are pilots. We fly airplanes. We go outside to fly airplanes. Shoes wear blues in offices because they don't fly airplanes.

I don't even want to know what base this is from.

Thank god our base so far has been applying some kind of notch to this. Flying = flight suit. Mission plan = flight suit. Duty dog = flight suit (because you have to drive on the flightline, I presume). Sims = flightsuit (in case the computers catch fire, I guess). We typically have about 4 people in the squadron wearing blues on Monday, even though the Wing/CC has been over to take a look every Monday since this started. I've been lucky so far...I've been on duty or simming every Monday since this started.