Capt Malinda Hammond IS My Hero!

M2

Why is it worse in the Marines? Compared to the SF, the MP is in shape to kick your ass, and he knows how to use his gun.

From my experience, not trying to generalize two career fields, the Marine MPs took their job more seriously, and took their authoritile religiously, especially over officers. Maybe Jarheadboom can shed some light on this. Maybe they are both the same though.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, we have a celebrity among us (FUBAR); and you are blabbing about military cops?

FUBAR, you need to sell autograph pics! Would be a great squadron fundraiser!

Cheers! M2

I'll comment briefly on the MP thing since I was called out by name, then heed M2's advice...

In my experience ('93 to '04) USMC MPs generally had a much more serious attitude toward their jobs, compared to most of the USAF SF troops I've encountered so far.

There are very few situations that I know of in the military world where enlisted personnel have legal authority over commissioned officers - an MP carrying out his/her duty is one of them. Hell, it might be the only one. I know USMC MPs took that very seriously. As always though... the 10% rule applies... just like every other career field/organization.

Back on topic:

FUBAR, welcome aboard.

* Edit for emphasis/clarity

Edited by JarheadBoom

To MadMac, M2, Prozac, Bob and everyone else for that matter...thanks. Who ever thought one little patch would be so much fun? :rock:

Hey, if this is you, nice work.

We were going to walk over to your TOC and get you to autograph a couple of copies of Airman magazine for us, but then didn't - we figured you might have had enough attention for a while. So instead we went to the local patch shop and had a bunch of pencil pocket patches made with FUBAR on them in Dari.

I mentioned it in another thread - I really need to see if I can find the email chain (concerning you) that I saved. You probably wouldn't believe the level of hysterics that a group of 50 year old men can work each other into over something so inconsequential. Actually, you probably would.

Edited by 60 driver

Guys, we have a celebrity among us (FUBAR); and you are blabbing about military cops?

FUBAR, you need to sell autograph pics! Would be a great squadron fundraiser!

Cheers! M2

Funny you say that...the only autograph so far is my vice wing commander...

• 3 months later...
In the May/June issue of Airman magazine (pg 13), Capt Malinda Hammond, a Reservist with the 136 AW currently assigned to the 455 AEW, is pictured in a sanitized flightsuit with only a US flag and small 'FUBAR' morale patch on!

FUBAR.jpg

(this is the scanned pic from the magazine)

Now the question is, did she know she had it on or was she the victim of some shenanigans?

050509af_johnston_booth_800.JPG

Does anyone think that Booth Johnson did not know he had a "YGBSM" morale patch on? My guess is he put it on for the photo shoot. :thumbsup:

AF Times article

... plus his flight suit top zipper is WAY too low.

And is that a blue pen in his pocket?? NO ONE should be signing AF documents in blue ink.

And while we're at it, that F-16 in the background is not painted in authorized-and-appropriate colors.

Now Booth Johnston is my hero as well!

Cheers! M2

2! You make it through a flight like that, and as everyone has said, somebody out there - probably a lot of them - are going to bitch about his patch. YGBSM.

Mike

... plus his flight suit top zipper is WAY too low.

And is that a blue pen in his pocket?? NO ONE should be signing AF documents in blue ink.

And while we're at it, that F-16 in the background is not painted in authorized-and-appropriate colors.

sleeves rolled up . . . .

Come on guys, he was able to save a Viper and himself, and possibly people on the ground. That is fine and dandy, but that does not give him a blanket waiver to blatantly violate our very important and mission critical 2903 that Gunner7 pointed out. Without folks like Gunner7 we would all walk around with morale patches and sleeves pushed up. How can we really be trusted to fly when we look like that? Gunner7 is the real hero of this story. :flipoff:

Guest Flyin' AF Hawaiian
Come on guys, he was able to save a Viper and himself, and possibly people on the ground. That is fine and dandy, but that does not give him a blanket waiver to blatantly violate our very important and mission critical 2903 that Gunner7 pointed out. Without folks like Gunner7 we would all walk around with morale patches and sleeves pushed up. How can we really be trusted to fly when we look like that? Gunner7 is the real hero of this story. :flipoff:

Big :thumbsup: to Col Johnson. Certifiably badass.

On a separate note, I have seen Gunner7 reply to articles in at least two different AF Times. Think he might work for them?

Very interesting, the Forum Editor deleted all the comments made regarding that topic. All that I read were very critical of the Shoe (Gunner7).

"Ooooo, I said something stupid, and now everybody is picking on me... I'm being opressed, please make it stop."

The editor should have left the thread and posted his e-mail address.

Thanks, LockheedFix.

Mike

Very interesting, the Forum Editor deleted all the comments made regarding that topic. All that I read were very critical of the Shoe (Gunner7).

I'm guessing that the person who deleted that thread is a former finance troll, or a services douche that got out of the military after being picked on too much.

• 4 weeks later...

Kick ass! :rock:

062509-pilot-full.jpg

Texas Air Guard Pilot Receives Top Safety Award: Chief of Staff Gen. Norton Schwartz presented the Koren Kolligian Safety Trophy to Texas Air National Guard pilot Lt. Col. Booth Johnston for his outstanding airmanship during an October 2007 sortie in which he managed to safely land his F-16 despite having suffered back and neck injuries during a high-G maneuver. During the June 16 ceremony at the Pentagon, Schwartz thanked Johnston for his "courage, tenacity, and focus." The Chief of Staff said of Johnston, "not only did he match the standards established for this award, but I think it is a reflection of how people rise to the occasion no matter how difficult the circumstances." (Air Force report by MSgt. Stan Parker)