Gun Talk

VL-16

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/military-culture/2022/02/01/boy-reels-in-50-caliber-barrett-sniper-rifles-while-fishing/

Alright, fess up, which one of y’all *actually* lost your expensive guns in a tragic boating accident? 😅 Of course it’s in Florida haha…

Waiting for the rest of the story

• 2 weeks later...

For those unaware, JBSA has initiated a program to allow military and government civilians to bring personally-owned firearms on base and keep them in their vehicles.

Before anyone gets too excited, this program is not extended to retirees or contractors who work on base.

And if that's not bad enough, attached is the process one must go through to obtain their orange JBSA
Concealed Carry Card...

Tab 1 - PGM JBSA Privately Owned Firearm Carry Policy.pdf

11 hours ago, M2 said:

For those unaware, JBSA has initiated a program to allow military and government civilians to bring personally-owned firearms on base and keep them in their vehicles.

Before anyone gets too excited, this program is not extended to retirees or contractors who work on base.

And if that's not bad enough, attached is the process one must go through to obtain their orange JBSA
Concealed Carry Card...

Tab 1 - PGM JBSA Privately Owned Firearm Carry Policy.pdf 238 kB · 3 downloads

seems simple enough....

4 hours ago, uhhello said:

seems simple enough....

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

One year later - I finally got my suppressor. The ATF sucks, but the suppressor is awesome! Word on the street is with the new e-filing for Form 4s, wait time is now 90 day or less. 

So far have only shot my 300 BLK; could shoot all day without ear pro…the difference is pretty amazing. Also plan on using it on the 9mm PCC, .223, and 9mm pistol. The 300 BLK and PCC will be the best platforms for it, but might as well on the other two, because why not!

• Upvote 2

Have a Magpul Zhukov-S stock mated to an adapter from HB Industries. I haven’t connected yet (need to file the Form 1), but both parts seem really well made and I think it’s going to work great. You have to get an adapter since this stock will not work with the factory connection, and while the one I got is $95, it’s metal and tolerances are tight - you get what you pay for, totally worth it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Nice Aero Precision and Scorpion Brabus. Serious can envy. Talked to one of our dealers and he mentioned maybe this summer the wait times would get better and better with the efile thang. Went to help a friend choose a conceal carry type and I couldn’t resist and walked out with a Beretta 1301 tactical and the personal upgrades were pricey but worth it. That’s how it always works, planning on leaving with nothing or at least minimal local support items and left with a “Bang Stick.”

• 3 weeks later...

Magpul Zhukov attached (many thanks oh benevolent government for deciding to allow me to exercise my constitutional rights). Works great, feels great...definitely recommend for any scorpion owners out there.

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Cranium's up, Aero Precision is offering 20% off for military right now.

Also, I haven't personally seen in the .20s for 9mm. Now what you need to do, is get into reloading because you can "save so much money" (or spend the same and shoot more; but I tell my wife it's cheaper!)

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2022 at 9:41 AM, brabus said:

Cranium's up, Aero Precision is offering 20% off for military right now.

Also, I haven't personally seen in the .20s for 9mm. Now what you need to do, is get into reloading because you can "save so much money" (or spend the same and shoot more; but I tell my wife it's cheaper!)

Maybe I'm too late but I only see their standard 10% Mil/Leo discount. 😭