Gun Talk

VL-16

Just an interesting point of reference. The DPMS Panther AR15 at buds has been steadily priced at $579 for the past few months as one of their cheapest listed AR's. Browsing the site just now, there are almost no AR's of any type left in stock. That particular rifle is one of the few left and is now marked at $901.

Yeah, that's downright overpriced. I'm fairly confident (and hoping) that things will calm down somewhat a few weeks after the holidays. The Dems will keep preaching their AWB/Gun Control talk, and hopefully when that gets killed in the House (if it even gets passed in the Senate), that will quiet things for a while.

Like M2 and Hacker mentioned, if you were truly concerned about your Gun Rights, you probably have been buying for a while. I listed the deal on the S&W MP-15 a couple of months ago from Bud's LE section. $600 when it was all said and done and it shoots like a champ...hopefully some others on here jumped on that deal.

http://www.theblaze....-firearm-sales/

Uh-oh someone screwed up:

"Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately. We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories.”

Been watching their facebook account, they are loosing 15-20 likes every minute.

Edited by Scaredfuzz21

CTD pissed a lot of firearms owners off during the 2008 feeding frenzy by jacking up their prices in what a lot of folks felt was an unreasonable way. Apparently they did the same thing a day or two ago, and the reaction has been, shall we say, negative.

Stopped by my local Wally World tonight, and while the shelves in sporting goods aren't completely bare, all the reloading stuff is gone and the ammo has been decimated.

I used to frequent CTD as well (never purchased), though hadn't gone to their site much the last 6-9 months because I found that their prices and shipping to be more on the high side. From now on though, I won't even bother looking at their site.

As for the picked over shelves, yep, unfortunately not surprised. I saw PMags going for 10/$99 (free shipping) on Friday morning, planned on buying some after work...thankfully the deal was still there after the event and let's just say I took advantage of the deal. The time to buy/prep is before the shelves get picked over.

So I kind of jumped on the "gun ban fear" bandwagon by throwing down for a LWRC M6A2; it's not cheap but I had been contemplating it for a while and after watching rifles increasing in price I just said fuck it. Anyone own one or any LWRC product? I've been a stalker on the LWRCI forums, but would appreciate info from here.

So I kind of jumped on the "gun ban fear" bandwagon by throwing down for a LWRC M6A2; it's not cheap but I had been contemplating it for a while and after watching rifles increasing in price I just said fuck it.

I did the same thing today on a Colt 6920SOCOM. A little pricey, but still below the MSRP.

This mornings article analyzing sale and manufacture of various guns.

Highlights:

Cerberus announced that they will liquidate holdings in a massive sell-off of the parent company that makes Bushmaster, Remington, and Marlin.

Dicks Sporting Goods is suspending sales of "all modern sporting rifles."

Walmart Stores have pulled all Bushmasters from the shelves

Ruger and S&W stocks have been tanking.

So I kind of jumped on the "gun ban fear" bandwagon by throwing down for a LWRC M6A2; it's not cheap but I had been contemplating it for a while and after watching rifles increasing in price I just said fuck it. Anyone own one or any LWRC product? I've been a stalker on the LWRCI forums, but would appreciate info from here.

I have a M6A1 upper that I purchased in 2008. I put a little over a thousand rounds through it and forgot about it. They make quality rifles, but I believe a traditional DI AR-15 is a better choice. Regardless, you should enjoy your rifle and I'm sure it will serve you well.

I have a M6A1 upper that I purchased in 2008. I put a little over a thousand rounds through it and forgot about it. They make quality rifles, but I believe a traditional DI AR-15 is a better choice. Regardless, you should enjoy your rifle and I'm sure it will serve you well.

Yea, I don't want to ignite the DI v piston thing, I already bought it; plus there are quality and shitty manufactures for either op system. Not a debate i care about. Just wanted to see if anyone had one for a while and issue _______ (insert whatever) presented itself. Thanks for the answer.

Morons

He just wanted a Sig-Saur, he says. He thinks it looks great. He likes the military style and the fact it's not too expensive to shoot. Plus, it's fun.

Fun how?

Fun because of the semi-automatic feature. "You can shoot 30 rounds in 10 seconds or less. It's kind of an adrenaline rush." It's comfortable, too. "The gun doesn't produce enough kick to hurt you." And, if you don't want to use the semi-automatic feature, "You can squeeze the trigger one by one and get a different feeling."

:bash:

No shit. I checked my RGR and SWHG stocks yesterday, they lost around 20% since Friday. F^&*!!!

This probably had something to do with it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/18/gunmaker-investments-newtown_n_2325323.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

They are one their way back up today after the President's Speech; 6% & 8% respectively.

No shit. I checked my RGR and SWHG stocks yesterday, they lost around 20% since Friday. F^&*!!!

And yet, they still have great fundamentals and have been making a bazillion dollars this year.

Ruger's special dividend hurt it a bit, too. It was paid to all stockholders as of 6 Dec...and as you can see, the floor fell out on the 7th after everyone collected their dividend and dumped it.

Yea, I don't want to ignite the DI v piston thing, I already bought it; plus there are quality and shitty manufactures for either op system. Not a debate i care about. Just wanted to see if anyone had one for a while and issue _______ (insert whatever) presented itself. Thanks for the answer.

The action spring mine came with was undersprung and caused some short stroke issues early on. I replaced it with a correct weight spring and it ran just fine. Again, this was in 2008 and I only put just over 1,000 through it. Their barrels are hammer forged, which is a plus in my book.

Sorry if this is a repost, I didn't have time to look through the last few pages - but I wanted to share a good deal I found on some S&W products from Quantico Tactical with a mil discount.

http://www.quanticot...rands/sw/sw.asp

The military discount is being offered by S&W. You can get that rebate at any gunshop until 31 Dec. The rebate form is available on S&W's website http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_757803_-1_757797_757797_image

edit: added link to rebate

Edited by itsokimapilot

Almost pulled the trigger (no pun intended) on the S&W M&P-15 about 3 weeks ago. Big mistake waiting on that one. Anyone know of any other locations that still have 'em, or any other AR-15s, in stock?

The guys at Quantico are able to ship to an FFL in your area. You can place an order now and get it in a couple weeks.

Edit: speeling

Edited by itsokimapilot

The guys at Quantico are able to ship to an FFL in your area. You can place an order now and get it in a couple weeks.

I just called their San Diego store (the main store/number was already closed for the day) and they said they were out of stock. Did you have any luck with the main number?

I just called their San Diego store (the main store/number was already closed for the day) and they said they were out of stock. Did you have any luck with the main number?

My friend placed his order here in our office about three hours ago. They said they are out of stock. The woman taking my friends order said she toured the S&W factory this week and they had literally thousands of ARs preparing to ship. My buddy paid for his AR already and his will ship when they recieve their next shipment. She speculated they would get another pallet in the next two weeks. I suspect he'll receive his AR mid-January. In order to get the $100 rebate all he needs is the serial number. He's already recieved a dated receipt. Try calling the Quantico branch in the AM. Good luck!