Baseops Forums

On 11/6/2018 at 9:59 AM, admdelta said:

Just had my first interview this weekend, find out in a couple weeks. Wish me luck everybody!

Congrats, that’s awesome!

Where did you interview at?

23 minutes ago, Ultimate Fighter Pilot said:

Has anyone heard interview results from the 115th FW in Madison, Wisconsin? 

Bro, you're already the Ultimate Fighter Pilot... Why do you care about ANG openings? 

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

On 11/6/2018 at 3:38 PM, PilotCandidate said:

Troll. If you’re gonna waste everyone’s time, at least make it funny

I also think he is a troll...in case you aren't though, thanks for sharing how anxious, unhealthy, heartbroken, and bothered you are with this truly unfair process. You should definitely share these feelings in your cover letter and during any interviews. 🤡

A buddy of mine just told me Wisconsin interviewed 20 people, rejected around 5 or so and might invite the rest back for a second round of interviews. Has anyone ever heard of this before? 

16 hours ago, Desk Jobs Suck said:

A buddy of mine just told me Wisconsin interviewed 20 people, rejected around 5 or so and might invite the rest back for a second round of interviews. Has anyone ever heard of this before? 

Really? Well that's certainly interesting... 

16 hours ago, Desk Jobs Suck said:

Not unheard of. Been a part of two boards that did this.

Edited by Kiloalpha

3 hours ago, Kiloalpha said:

Not unheard of. Been a part of two boards that did this.

I can tell you this is not true.  Everyone has been notified on where they stood about a week ago and nobody is coming back for a second round.  We had one slot for UPT this year and all interviewees was extremely competitive and made it a very difficult choice to make.  I'm not sure if the final decision has been released, but all interviewees know where they stacked up and have received feedback by this point.

If you have not, then let me know your name by PM and I'll follow up with the member of the interview board that was supposed to call you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ultimate Fighter Pilot said:

Does getting alternated a couple of times mean you're un-hire-able? 

I would think it means you're super close to getting hired.  Better than getting a straight up no or not getting an interview.  

Are you asking for feedback after your interviews?  What are squadrons telling you?

4 hours ago, Ultimate Fighter Pilot said:

Not at all. I was an alternate a couple of times before getting picked up on the following interview.

2 hours ago, donkey said:

I would think it means you're super close to getting hired.  Better than getting a straight up no or not getting an interview.  

Are you asking for feedback after your interviews?  What are squadrons telling you?

I sure hope so. This is my 4th fighter interview, 2nd alternate spot. I do ask for feedback, it's the typical "we liked you but we like this guy better". 

1 hour ago, cagg011 said:

Not at all. I was an alternate a couple of times before getting picked up on the following interview.

Probably just post rejection blues but I feel like I'm everyone 2nd choice. Gotta get back on the train! 

19 hours ago, Ultimate Fighter Pilot said:

It could be worse. I've seen a few dudes (and gals) that have interviewed dozens of times and never got alternate.

• Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Ultimate Fighter Pilot said:

Like many others have said, you're in the on-deck circle when many haven't gotten that close. I have spoken to a couple folkss in my (pretty limited) travels in getting a slot that were hired as alternates and got the spot when one of the main picks split to another offer (perhaps more of a round nose world thing, but still, it happens).  

Don't take it personal that they say "we like you; we just like this guy a little better." Them's the digs. Keep asking for feedback from anyone you've spoken with at your visits and you may catch a morsel in there that you've missed or that they're hinting at they would like you to do better. It could be something out of your control: maybe you're super young and they feel like "you've got time?" Or maybe you kill the interview, but you're not trying to talk enough to guys outside of it during the meet and greets? Or maybe you're hitting the booze a bit too much during the socializing, or not bringing booze when you go? 

It could be any number of little things that get you almost there, so try to find out what you might be able to do better. Either way, you're at least getting a chance that most of the others that come interview aren't and you're close to the promised land. Keep your head up and keep trying.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

How long does it usually take to receive interview invites after the closing date of application for ANG boards?

51 minutes ago, Ligma said:

How long does it usually take to receive interview invites after the closing date of application for ANG boards?

It depends on the board. Normally they give a general timeframe in their announcement. Most that I’ve applied to sent invites out about a month after the application deadline.

One unit only waited a week or two, but that was not the norm.

14 hours ago, Hofjaldguune said:

How did it go, cowboy?

Awesome! Great atmosphere, great pilots, great selectees. Honestly haven't been around a better representation of the guard/family atmosphere. 

Trying to get some information on two possible units and any future board information if possible.

193rd SOW in PA - I'll be up in that area this month for a TDY and would love an opportunity to stop by and meet a few folks if possible.

919th SOW in FL - I'd like to take a trip down there in January if anyone is available to chat.

Thanks in advance!

On 11/19/2018 at 2:19 PM, hawks17 said:

Hi all, has anyone heard back from the 143rd UPT board yet? Best of luck to all who interviewed

Me, didn’t get it sadly.