Guest J10B

Military Discounts

T-Mobile has a great cell phone plan for military.  They are offering the T-Mobile One unlimited plan at 20-50% off depending on how many phones you have: 

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/military-phone-plans

I’m paying $80 for unlimited everything on 2 phones which includes free Netflix (if you already have Netflix, they take over the payments), international roaming, hotspot, etc.

• Upvote 1

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:53 AM, Runr6730 said:

T-Mobile has a great cell phone plan for military.  They are offering the T-Mobile One unlimited plan at 20-50% off depending on how many phones you have: 

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/military-phone-plans

I’m paying $80 for unlimited everything on 2 phones which includes free Netflix (if you already have Netflix, they take over the payments), international roaming, hotspot, etc.

Yep I get this too. Super cheap. Just gotta get used to the finicky coverage if you're switching from Verizon or something.

Yep I get this too. Super cheap. Just gotta get used to the finicky coverage if you're switching from Verizon or something.

I tried T-mobile. Lasted less than a month. Their coverage sucks. Completely inop on base it Little Rock and not good in other places.

Be sure to check T-Mobile coverage not just in places you live and work, but also transit frequently.  We looked at a stretch of interstate that we use to travel back and forth to see family and it looked like trying to get coverage in northern Siberia.  Even the customer service rep at the store shrugged her shoulders.  We are keeping our eye on the Sprint merger and how that will change their coverage.  The price plan is as-advertised, though.  No gimmicks.

I'm super hesitant to switch.  Even flying out in the middle of the southwest desert I still have service with Verizon.  

On 8/10/2018 at 8:38 AM, Champ Kind said:

Be sure to check T-Mobile coverage not just in places you live and work, but also transit frequently.  We looked at a stretch of interstate that we use to travel back and forth to see family and it looked like trying to get coverage in northern Siberia.  Even the customer service rep at the store shrugged her shoulders.  We are keeping our eye on the Sprint merger and how that will change their coverage.  The price plan is as-advertised, though.  No gimmicks.

I can't imagine it's going to get any better with the Sprint merger. I switched from Sprint originally, and if there's one provider with less coverage than T-Mobile it's definitely Sprint. I doubt there's a single square inch of land that Sprint has that T-Mobile doesn't already have covered, haha.

Edited by admdelta

I can't imagine it's going to get any better with the Sprint merger. I switched from Sprint originally, and if there's one provider with less coverage than T-Mobile it's definitely Sprint. I doubt there's a single square inch of land that Sprint has that T-Mobile doesn't already have covered, haha.

Sprint also operates on CDMA based networks while T-mobile uses GSM. While most phones ship with radios for both, it probably puts a significant drain on your battery to have it constantly searching both for better service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone seeing this in your Verizon "My Offers"? If it really is $30 off on top of the current military discount, that's a total $45 off. I keep getting an error page when I click continue, so I can't confirm if it works.

image.png.69ab9a2a5ef352ad09541decb13188cd.png

Anyone seeing this in your Verizon "My Offers"? If it really is $30 off on top of the current military discount, that's a total $45 off. I keep getting an error page when I click continue, so I can't confirm if it works.
image.png.69ab9a2a5ef352ad09541decb13188cd.png

Image isn’t working for me but if it’s a military discount on unlimited data it’s definitely a thing. I got a random text and called Verizon because I thought it was a scam. Saving $10 a month now for unlimited (previously had 8 gbs/mo).

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app