Gun Talk

VL-16

13 hours ago, M2 said:

I really hope it is true, as that might convince me to get one! 

The wait time has been one of the biggest deterrents for me... 

The way I see it, even if the wait time is 6-9 months, those 6-9 months are gonna go by anyway. You could either have a quiet tube at the end of that time span or not. The choice is yours. 

Oddly, my favorite gun shop here in Helotes--the Gun Shack--just posted they are now a Silencer Shop dealer! 

Here is their process...

No photo description available.

In partnership with them, we make the process as easy as can be! To purchase a suppressor, this is all you need to do:

• Click the link here or in our bio to create an account https://www.silencershop.com/gunshack/
• Purchase a silencer, either through Silencer Shop or by calling Gun Shack at 210-858-6882
• Purchase a tax stamp for $205
• Choose how you want to file – as an individual, a trust, or a corporation
• Submit your fingerprints and registration info at Gun Shack’s kiosk
• Download the Silencer Shop app on your smart phone and take a passport photo at Gun Shack
• Review and sign documents electronically
• Sit back and wait for your suppressor to come in!

Of course, the first question anyone asked was "what's the wait time?"  Their response...

it honestly varies in time earliest we’ve seen was 5 months

But this, and the fact Biden hands out EOs like they're Halloween candy, may be the catalyst that motivates me to get a suppressor while they're still legal!

Stay tuned...

11 hours ago, M2 said:

Oddly, my favorite gun shop here in Helotes--the Gun Shack--just posted they are now a Silencer Shop dealer! 

Here is their process...

Of course, the first question anyone asked was "what's the wait time?"  Their response...

But this, and the fact Biden hands out EOs like they're Halloween candy, may be the catalyst that motivates me to get a suppressor while they're still legal!

Stay tuned...

They're already pretty heavily regulated. I doubt they are going anywhere realistically. We shall see. 

And in no way defending anyone, just making a point, Trump signed more EOs in his first term, than either of the 3 past presidents in their first terms respectively. So, for now, Trump also handed them out like candy 😉

Picked up the Sig P365 the other day. Loving the sights on it. Light up like LEDs at night. The mags suck balls to load though. Spring is really stiff. The follower sucks too, speed loaders even struggle. But, its pretty small for being a 10+1. I ordered a pinky extension for one of the mags since it didn't come with it. Definitely a must if you dont have the extended 12rd mag. Slide lock is a bit tough, but I'm hoping that goes away with use. Overall, solid purchase for a solid price too. 

4 hours ago, ryleypav said:

They're already pretty heavily regulated. I doubt they are going anywhere realistically. We shall see. 

And in no way defending anyone, just making a point, Trump signed more EOs in his first term, than either of the 3 past presidents in their first terms respectively. So, for now, Trump also handed them out like candy 😉

Since you opened that door, Trump signed a total of one EO on his first day in office repealing the "Affordable Care" Act.

Biden signed seventeen his first day.

1 hour ago, M2 said:

Since you opened that door, Trump signed a total of one EO on his first day in office repealing the "Affordable Care" Act.

Biden signed seventeen his first day.

I know. I was speaking to his term. All we can do is wait and see what follows. But that discussion is for a different thread. 

Also managed to snag a case of 7.62x39 for a relatively decent price considering the current climate. All set on that stuff for now. The Zastava ZPAP M70 is a nice firearm. 

Edited by ryleypav
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ryleypav said:

Picked up the Sig P365 the other day. Loving the sights on it. Light up like LEDs at night. The mags suck balls to load though. Spring is really stiff. The follower sucks too, speed loaders even struggle. But, its pretty small for being a 10+1. I ordered a pinky extension for one of the mags since it didn't come with it. Definitely a must if you dont have the extended 12rd mag. Slide lock is a bit tough, but I'm hoping that goes away with use. Overall, solid purchase for a solid price too. 

I have about 300 rounds through my 365 and the slide lock hasn't improved.  I can't release it with my finger.  

13 hours ago, uhhello said:

I have about 300 rounds through my 365 and the slide lock hasn't improved.  I can't release it with my finger.  

Ha, cool. Are the mags any easier to reload yet? I can release it with my finger occasionally. Well, with my thumb, but normally I have to pull back on the slide a little to release. 

37 minutes ago, ryleypav said:

Ha, cool. Are the mags any easier to reload yet? I can release it with my finger occasionally. Well, with my thumb, but normally I have to pull back on the slide a little to release. 

The stock 10 rounder requires a solid push to lock it in.  I can get the release with my thumb about every 10th time.   I don't carry a second mag right now currently so its not a huge issue.  Love the gun other than those two issues though.  

3 hours ago, uhhello said:

The stock 10 rounder requires a solid push to lock it in.  I can get the release with my thumb about every 10th time.   I don't carry a second mag right now currently so its not a huge issue.  Love the gun other than those two issues though.  

I tried one of those speed loaders and that even sucks. My dad has a Beretta 92 and it loads those fantastic. These however jam up after 5 rds go in. Just will have to deal with my thumbs hurting after a few reloads at the range. Ive only put a few rounds through it but I love it. Its so small too, which is great for me since I'm not a big guy. Makes carrying and not worrying about a print that much better. T-shirts would be a stretch, but sweaters and thick clothes are perfect with the size of this gun.

8 hours ago, ryleypav said:

I tried one of those speed loaders and that even sucks. My dad has a Beretta 92 and it loads those fantastic. These however jam up after 5 rds go in. Just will have to deal with my thumbs hurting after a few reloads at the range. Ive only put a few rounds through it but I love it. Its so small too, which is great for me since I'm not a big guy. Makes carrying and not worrying about a print that much better. T-shirts would be a stretch, but sweaters and thick clothes are perfect with the size of this gun.

• #3Maglula 9mm UpLULA Universal Pistol Magazine Loader/Unloader: Best for Durability.
  • This has done the trick for my glock and sig mags with zero issues.  Its great.
  • Upvote 1

Target or Action shooting:

Dawson Precision fiber optic front w/ serrated black rear

Defensive shooting:

Ameriglo Hackathorn or Spartan, Trijicon HDXR, or a fiber optic like above if you have a light mounted

I’ve found I prefer a square notch rear, so I like the Ameriglos. The Trijicons have a u notch rear and are great sights. Might depend on what’s available for your particular handgun.

Edited by Shaft34

On 1/24/2021 at 10:24 PM, uhhello said:

For what gun and how much if you don't mind me asking?

Got a Dead Air Wolfman for 9mm and 300 AAC. I’ll use it on a couple 9mm pistols and an AR .300. I got it through silencershop.com, who works through local dealers if you so choose. Mine was available immediately at a LGS, so that allowed the paperwork process to start immediately. About $1k total, including tax stamp and trust fee (I’m using their option to set up a trust for me vs. doing it all myself). 

Edit: Can also use it on .223 and 7.62 (semi auto only). I think it’ll be a great all-around can; I will probably buy another one at some point, but I can’t see myself buying more than that...rather spend that money on more guns/reloading supplies. 

Edited by brabus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/25/2021 at 12:23 PM, TreeA10 said:

I'm looking for Iron sights for concealed carry. Trijicon or Ameriglo seem to be fairly popular. 

I forgot to mention the TruGlo TFX or TFO sights. These are fiber optic with tritium inserts. I have the TFOs on a couple pistols (green/yellow) and like them. The TFXs are improved TFOs and available for more models. 

Can’t find primers anywhere other than way inflated prices on gunbroker. I kick myself every time I think about my many opportunities in previous years to stockpile...never again!

On that note, anyone have any lines on primers that aren’t ludicrous gunbroker price gouging?