Baseops Forums
Sign in to follow this  
VL-16

Gun Talk

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/holsters/inside-the-waistband-holsters/supertuck-iwb-holster.html

Been using that with a G43 for 5 years. I forget the gun is even there, that’s how comfortable/non-intrusive it is (including hours sitting in a car). I have one of their OWB mag holders on my non-dominant side. My opinion/experience: OWB on the strong side hip area is the best/quickest draw, followed by IWB in same location. However, IWB is primarily what I do because I prefer to be concealed. I’ll OWB carry in the woods/winter when I’ve got a fleece or jacket on. 

https://remoraholsterstore.com/

I have two of these for when I don’t have a belt on (athletic shorts, quick run to the gas station in sweats, etc.) I prefer the more secure feel of the crossbreed, but these still work pretty well for those quick trips without a belt.

3 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

I'm now searching for concealed carry holsters for a compact and subcompact pistol.  So, how do you carry (IWB, appendix, small of back) and what holster do you like?

Crossbreed SuperTuck at 4:00.

• Upvote 1

For a sub-compact, the mini-tuck would also work.  I have the supertuck for my Springfield XD and just got the Reckoning for my XDS.  Not sure what to think about the Reckoning quite yet, I may end up swapping it out for the mini-tuck as the supertuck I have is great.  The Supertuck distributes the weight well and is as comfortable as is reasonable for a holster.  Spend the extra on the horsehide if it's available.  I wear at 5:00 so the end of the grip ends up directly behind my spine; find my shirt catches and prints the least there.

Gents,

We're looking to do a squadron/deployed group buy and still in the exploratory phase of things.  Considering an AR lower (let guys figure out their own upper), a home defense shotgun or standard handgun.  Anyone done a group buy recently?  If so, we're looking for some recent experiences/contacts (good/bad/ugly) in both guns and customization. Thanks!