- Get a nice, professional picture. No uniform shots, selfies, other people, etc. Smile.
- Your title should be relevant to your desired (civilian) role, not Flight Commander, Director of Staff, etc. Eliminate any military jargon/words you can throughout
- Customize your LI URL (linked.com/pete.mitchell vs linked.com/8723gl431gbf9o718345*#kj3214)
- Quantify your accomplishments in your positions...OPR/EPR bullets have great info, just make sure it's translated to civilian-speak
- Personalize connection requests if you don't know the target
There's a lot of info out there (just google 'LinkedIn tips")...let me know if you have any other questions.