U-2 Dragonlady info

Guest thebronze

Ah, the ol' Cooper-Harper scale...

When we were staffing the program recommendation for the TR-1 (U-2 airframes for EUCOM's tactical mission) back in the late 70s/early 80s we had quite a bit of coordination effort related to this. Eventually we had to get a waiver from the Secretary of the Air Force to allow the TR-1 program to proceed. If I recall correctly, the U-2 is a 7 or 8 on the scale, thus technically not acceptable to produce or fly operationally. I recall a couple of days when I agreed with that assessment!!

ADMIN COMMENT: Seriously, guys? Report any spammers that may sneak onto the forum; don't go quoting them as several of you did, making the job of cleaning the shit up even tougher!

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard rumors that they are going to get a different A/C to stay current due to the aging T38As. Any truth to this?

No.

I heard that since companion trainers are so old and expensive, they'll just log currency recce hours in the co-located RQ-4.

Put yourself in timeout.

I heard that since companion trainers are so old and expensive, they'll just log currency recce hours in the co-located RQ-4.

I heard that since your mom is so old and expensive, your dad just logs currency hours in the co-located pool boy.

• Upvote 5

My old college friend is an editor at Motor Trend and they are interested in doing a story on the new Camaro chase cars Beale is purchasing. He was wondering if you guys have any contacts for this that could get the ball rolling. He says, and I quote "If it helps, the video host we'd send is hot."

If you don't want to post the info publicly, you can PM me.

Edited by xaarman

My old college friend is an editor at Motor Trend and they are interested in doing a story on the new Camaro chase cars Beale is purchasing. He was wondering if you guys have any contacts for this that could get the ball rolling. He says, and I quote "If it helps, the video host we'd send is hot."

If you don't want to post the info publicly, you can PM me.

Huggy's a good place to start.

If a FAIP was picked up to fly the Duece, is it possible to make a career out of it and remain in the community? Or is it more likely he would have to find another MWS after 3 years?

Absolutely you can make a career out of it. I'm a former T-38 FAIP doing just that. And I am not alone. There are quite a few of us, Huggy included.

If a FAIP was picked up to fly the Duece, is it possible to make a career out of it and remain in the community? Or is it more likely he would have to find another MWS after 3 years?

Possibly, you could stay.

However, we have a requirement that you can spell "U", "two", and "deuce" correctly.

• Upvote 1

But that's because A-10 community is ridiculed around the globe for being the worst in the world at their job...so the standards can stay pretty low.

• 4 weeks later...

So far, yes. AFPC will not entertain fighter pilots, B-2 and B-52 pilots, AFSOC (possibly some exceptions here), and no Guard/Reserve.

I'll post when/if it changes.

Really? I would think that quite a few fighter dudes make up a decent portion of the U-2 cadre...I guess that's not the case? Any reason in particular these guys can't apply right now?