Classic Thread - Gold Bond Video

flynhigh

I heard some bad news for those folks through the grapevine today, for anyone planning a sequel or a commerical for anything dealing with their nether regions.

I will now attempt a tribute to M2 and his old movie quotes.

"Who want's an Article 15? Article 15? Article 15? Three Article 15s!"

Article 15's all around, I guess...ouch. Well, it could be worse, they could have to pull a remote, oh wait a minute...

It sucks, because the video is hilarious.

YGBSM! They're getting Article 15s for THAT? Just when you think the AF couldn't get any more ridiculous and/or PC.

If I'm gettin' an Article 15, I want it to be for something cool...buzzing the tower, flying inverted 3' from a Mig 28, or dating the Admiral's daughter.

Guest dumaisj

Man, they even had a woman in the background...I figured they were covering all the bases! Aparently, the common sense objection holds no water again...remember when Army troops were IMPRISONED for salvaging armor off ABANDONED vehicles in order to protect their asses while DOING THEIR JOB?

• 1 month later...
Guest jesnen98

The bros in the Pantons down at Kunsan who even appeared in the video got LOR's as a MINIMUM. I'm not sure about anyone actually getting an Art 15 though. My buddy's arms are the "legs" waving around, i.e., his face is not even shown, and he got an LOR. The LOR itself could be an internet comedy posting, however, being an official AF document that contains the terms "phallic shaped penis puppet" and "**** and balls" among others.

Originally posted by AFUPTstud:

Arent LOR's purged from your record after you move to a new assignment?

No, Letters of Counseling get removed from your record when you get to a new assignment. There are also Letters of Admonishment (in between the two on the 'bad' scale), but I don't know how long those stick with you.

Copied from the Dos Gringos thread, but it applies here as well...

The reason it took me awhile to respond was I was looking for my copy of The Military Commander and the Law. It is a great reference document and can be downloaded at: http://milcom.jag.af.mil/ It tells you what you need to know before you talk with the JA. I highly recommend getting a copy, even if you aren't a commander. It is good to know the law.

According to my 2001 edition...

LORs on officers must be filed in a UIF for a maximum of two years. Early removal can be done by the Wing Commander or issuing authority, whichever is higher in rank.
It also goes on to say...

For both LORs and LOAs, the officer's rater must consider making comments in the next OPR. Further, commandres mucst carefully consider making a comment on the officer's PRF, and should consider filing it in the Officer Selection Record (OSR).
Now that is the worst case scenario, nothing says any of that has to be done. The UCMJ gives comanders a lot of leeway on what actions they can take. More info can be found in AFI 36-2907.

I would like to stress one important point...the decision to issue a LOR is the commander's, the JA is just a legal advisor in the process and has no authority to take any action against an individual. It is the commander's choice to accept a JA recommendation or not.

Lastly, nothing is hardfast in the UCMJ, and obviously we don't know all the facts. Therefore, it isn't right to make any judgments based on what limited and possibly incorrect information we have, be it the Panton's Gold Bond powder video or allegations of cheating at Columbus. For better or worst, the US military legal system works, at least most of the time...

Cheers! M2

[ 09. February 2005, 14:27: Message edited by: MajorMadMax ]

And, not that it needs confirming, but Toro is correct. UIFs are optional for LOCs and LOAs, but if not filed in a UIF, they must go in the officer's PIF until he/she PCS's. Again, source of that info is The Military Commander and the Law and AFI 36-2907.

Cheers! M2

• 5 years later...

THREAD REVIVAL! Who's got the video? Can you either post a link or send me a PM and I'll give my E-Mail addy? Been looking for it for a while now, and there are plenty of references, but no actual video.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll make sure it works first. I ran into this problem with a different video, just have to run it through a program to re-encode it. Also, don't put any possible/obvious keywords in the title or associated search words.

But yeah, when I am back on fast internet I'll test it out and let ya know.

• 1 year later...

Again this video is MIA, does anyone still have it? A Vimeo upload might allow it to stay alive!

The guy who made it, Maestro, actively goes after it apparently. He wrote me a nastygram after I uploaded it a couple years back in an attempt to keep it alive.

I always thought it was interesting that the AF shit on him for the Gold Bond video then either commisioned or directly sanctioned the High Angle Strafe video which was distributed CAF wide as mandatory training.