Highest Pilot On Baseops

Stuck

Originally posted by angry tanker:

485 in the kc-135, couldn't get the pressurization to hold any hirer.

What model tanker? Just curious if it was an R-model with the better pressurization system.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I accidentally kissed the top side of FL500 going through TPS in a Light Grey Eagle... also flew the U-2, but can't talk about that one. As for the lowest... I've touched 30' AGL at 540 KIAS (just shy of .95M) in a T-38 in the Edwards tower fly-by line.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by war007afa:

Haha...."+" Clearedhot, how would you handle a go-round in this situation lol?

Well, I'm not CH, but my guess is that you pull back on the stick and enter a closed traffic pattern. Managing energy and knowing where the thermals are around the field help. Never done it, but I've seen it.

CH, I've been to FL 200 in a TG-3 at the Academy. Denver Center actually opened the wave window for us in the middle of summer. It was probably one of the coolest experiences ever. Got there in a thermal that started at 9k with 2000 VVI and the VVI was pegged passing 180.

Vetter, I've never done the wave gig. I made FL190 in a thermal...it was a wild ride. I hoped to do some wave soaring while I was in New Zealand last month, but the conditions were aweful. I may skull out west to Mindin NV this summer and give the wave gig another shot.