Tucker + Putin Interview

BashiChuni

2 hours ago, brabus said:

The American population is inundated with propaganda on a daily basis - that’s what 95% of MSM and social media produces. So we should shut down the MSM and SM companies since the average American is incapable of sifting through all that bullshit? A nanny state with absolute control of information release to the public (other than classified obviously) is egregiously against every fiber of this country, and I cannot believe someone on here is advocating for that. 

Don't you believe this is a matter of national security? Putin is clearly a danger to US foreign interests. The Tucker interview has given him more credibility and legitimacy than he could have hoped for otherwise. What classified info could have given him a greater PR victory? Tucker even suggested in the interview that the US government was not working for the interests the American people. Creating this sort of doubt undermines the framework by which your freedom of speech is protected. It's self-destruction. A crisis of trust, and it's being exacerbated. It's no wonder Putin appeared to have zero sense of urgency about anything. We think we're waging a war of attrition, and he thinks he's watching a slow-motion implosion of the West.

At what point do you attempt to stop the spiral that erodes support for our government? "We'll just elect a better government." - Then the other side declares the election was rigged, and we descend further into the spiral. The path you're advocating for is a short one to what some might call treason, sedition, and providing aid and comfort to the enemy, which is what Tucker did. If we don't reign this in, those ultimately lead to revolution. The public wants stability, not chaos. Keeping Putin out of media is a small price to pay for our national security and preservation of the US, which in turn guarantees your inalienable rights.

• Haha 2

@gearhog I don’t agree at all. Arguing a single Putin interview is a threat to national security and a nail in the coffin of our country’s existence is frankly, bat shit crazy. And I’m also not advocating for treason, etc. I guess agree to disagree on this topic.

• Upvote 3

this is an informative addition to the thread.  The fat guy challenges Tucker a bit on aspects of the interview discussed here, and agree or disagree with his answers, at least you have them from Tucker rather than internet speculation on his motivations.

Edited by tac airlifter
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tac airlifter said:

this is an informative addition to the thread.  The fat guy challenges Tucker a bit on aspects of the interview discussed here, and agree or disagree with his answers, at least you have them from Ticker rather than internet speculation on his motivations.

I was trying to think of some kinda-believable/kinda-ridiculous critiques for his responses that some pro-war fanatic might come up with, and I got nothin. gave up. It was just too good. I thought the "Dad" analogy was especially good.

• Upvote 2

There are far more educated people than Tucker who have studied Putin (and in the case of this interview Xi).

This is about 1:40 combined and ~8 months old if you’re bored enough to listen to it.

Way better way to get an idea of the thinking process behind a geopolitical foe or in this case their sort of unhappy marriage of being more in opposition to us than to each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk