Bob Pardo Flies West

M2

In 1996, I was co-chair of the annual POW Reunion at the 560th at Randolph. 
We got all four of the Pardo's Push guys there for the Friday social. We even got an F-4 on the ramp and had them pose by the tail. 
It was the first time all four had been together at the same time since the actual Push. 

Bob Houghton was the only guy we originally couldn't find. Keep in mind this is 1996... a lot harder to find people. Bob got word of the event about 36-48 hours prior to the event. IIRC he was doing missionary work in Africa. He jumped through hoops and made it there. 
These guys got a hero's welcome. I need to see if I can find some photos. 

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

Earl (guy Bob pushed) was a family friend, and I was fortunate to sip a few and hear the inside story.

Also, I was in a training class with an F-4G bubba at Nellis back in the day and mentioned the Pardo Push. He said he'd never heard it and claimed I was an idiot because I was making it up. Not sure how you fly the Phantom and not know about it. Anyhoo, I think the guy went to Eagles after that...

Cheers Bob -- see you on the other side.

5 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

In 1996, I was co-chair of the annual POW Reunion at the 560th at Randolph. 

These guys got a hero's welcome. I need to see if I can find some photos. 

Really appreciate you doing that! 

Please post those photos if you find them!!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

My close friend Ray was with me that day and got all four of them to sign this. IMG_1428.thumb.jpeg.fb6f35fc95be4f6e054a87af1806fb39.jpeg

Earl Aman was confined to a wheelchair with Lou Genrig's and died 2 years later. Pardo was selling those prints to raise money to help him. Here's a good pic of Aman. 

IMG_9187.png

• Like 4