Recruiting Crisis: 9% want to serve

gearhog

33 minutes ago, gearhog said:

You may disagree with public sentiment, but ignore it at your own peril. There’s an increasing chance people’s feelings toward military service may be moving from apathetic toward antipathetic.

https://x.com/usarmy/status/1721665315078127697?s=46

What the military used to offer as incentives (college, health care, some money) the left wants to give people for doing little to nothing to earn it.  And for what the military does offer that is truly meaningful (discipline, skills, teamwork, etc), these are actually earned through hardwork, dedication, and sacrifice…something fewer and fewer people are willing to do.

This is where the US is headed as a culture.  None of this is surprising.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I just watched one of my sons graduate USN bootcamp.  He shot expert!   

He's off to Coronado for SWCC training.   

The navy did a good job with the graduation.  All of the people in attendance were super stoked that their loved ones were now sailors.  

All walks of life were present.   

Very cool seeing all different types of Americans being happy together and serving this great nation.  

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Biff_T said:

I just watched one of my sons graduate USN bootcamp.  He shot expert!   

He's off to Coronado for SWCC training.   

The navy did a good job with the graduation.  All of the people in attendance were super stoked that their loved ones were now sailors.  

All walks of life were present.   

Very cool seeing all different types of Americans being happy together and serving this great nation.  

He's lucky to have such supportive fathers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

12 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

He's lucky to have such supportive fathers!

MV5BNDVmODJmYTYtODgwZi00ZjhmLTgwOWYtMzYzMDIyNTkzMTgxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_QL75_UY281_CR60190281_.jpg.0e2171c630081600d5c9516e590f2a1b.jpg

Only in America baby!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

23 minutes ago, gearhog said:

I’d argue a GED is more about commitment than intelligence. I was in boot camp with a bunch of really dumb kids and at that time it was tough to get a waiver to join with a GED. 

I’m not naive to the fact that recruiting is hurting, but you might be surprised at how many high school/GED kids don’t get a 50.