DoD Realizes Paying TCNs .75/hr to do hard labor is probably human trafficking

FLEA

• FLEA changed the title to DoD Realizes Paying TCNs .75/hr to do hard labor is probably human trafficking

Probably.

Along that line, it was interesting to see when KBR got the award for Djibouti many years ago and let go a few hundred locals that the locals effective blockaded any KBR vehicles from entering/exiting the base, forcing KBR to rehire them.  Local PD did nothing.

Another anecdote, one month in Salem, a few TCNs spent a few weeks busting concrete using two pieces of rebar, one to hold against the concrete, the other to hammer with.  No formal tools, like a chain gang.

Edited by disgruntledemployee
Cap letter

Probably.
along that line, it was interesting to see when KBR got the award for Djibouti many years ago and let go a few hundred locals that the locals effective blockaded any KBR vehicles from entering/exiting the base, forcing KBR to rehire them.  Local PD did nothing.
Another anecdote, one month in Salem, a few TCNs spent a few weeks busting concrete using two pieces of rebar, one to hold against the concrete, the other to hammer with.  No formal tools, like a chain gang.

They’re called OCNs now. Come on, man!

It can’t be human trafficking if everyone supervising them is trained via CBT to spot human trafficking. 

Nothing to see here!

That is very much the kind of kinked up logic that the government is using here.

Like as long as we arent also making them have sex, it’s cool to have them washing dishes and doing the laundry for nothing but food and promise to maybe go home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Lawman said:

That is very much the kind of kinked up logic that the government is using here.

Like as long as we arent also making them have sex, it’s cool to have them washing dishes and doing the laundry for nothing but food and promise to maybe go home.

All while some company is getting stupid rich over and over again due to the lack of oversight/enforcement.  Its not like we're not paying millions of dollars for these contracts.  

All while some company is getting stupid rich over and over again due to the lack of oversight/enforcement.  Its not like we're not paying millions of dollars for these contracts.  

If you’ve seen some of the dollar figures per meal for deployed forces, it’s very much the old $600 toilet seat game…

I won’t argue there isn’t an absolute necessity for the 3rd country guys and other local contract menial labor force because we physically can’t deploy enough people to do all those tasks. We don’t have the people. But yeah we are just kind of not caring what these companies actually do with the negotiated dollar figures once the contract is written.

• Upvote 1

Who's gonna give us slappies then?

• Haha 1

I remembered when we were deployed we used to prank local workers and TCNs, grease toilet seat lids so they would slip if they tried to squat crap on them, or some other buffoonery. 

In light of reading this I sort of feel bad about that now. Imagine being coerced into modern day slavery via indentured servitude only to be humiliated and made fun of by uniformed members of a rich country that you will never hope to enter one day.

I'm going to go drink some hard alcohol now. Good night. 

Edited by FLEA
  • Upvote 3